• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has gone gold

Tovarisc

Sounds good for a game that is a no show on consoles.

If you mean video coverage of console versions then remember that feeling, it's how PC gamers usually feel when all videos of game X are only console versions.

There has been quite few different sources saying that they have seen all three versions and that all are looking and running great. I imagine a lot of X1 and PS4 footage rolling out over next 4 weeks.

It was actually reported all over, so I was just going on what was being said. Great news if it is smaller.

Makes me wonder at what point people start to speculate how much smaller W3 is than GTAV because of size difference.

Fordfx2

Certainly not paying $60 bucks for this.........

I'l pay $59.99 plus tax though. :p

latest

KR_remix

Wanted to get this on GoG, but will get on Steam because Galaxy isn't out yet. Definitely want those auto updates. :p Also does anyone know if save importing gets you anything extra that doing the prologue stuff doesn't? I don't have my save that I carried from the witcher 1 to 2 anymore.

should I preorder this game on Xbox one or PS4?

Your preference. The PS4 version will likely run better, so that's a good bet. Both will likely run well, though if you prefer one controller over the other or if you want your achievements/trophies on a specific system.

Want to preorder on PSN to take advantage of that 10%, but for some reason TW2 lost me. This one looks miles better, though.

Guerrilla

I didnt play through tw1 and 2. What do I have to do to prepare myself for 3? Is it a self contained story or am I going to feel lost?

Tovarisc

I didnt play through tw1 and 2. What do I have to do to prepare myself for 3? Is it a self contained story or am I going to feel lost?

Witcher 3 will have "Prologue" that recaps events of Witcher 1 & 2 while letting you do decisions at keypoints so you get to set worldstate for Witcher 3.

Tovarisc

That plus all the previews, videos, press events, etc. Seems like they been done or very close to done for a while now.

Well I read somewhere that Witcher 3 was content done/locked already in December 2014 and last 4 months have been all about bug fixes and overall polish of the game. You kinda have to respect such dedication to "just" polishing phase of production. I still wouldn't say they could release earlier than May 19th, you need time for production and distribution.

Genio88

Can't wait to play it on PC, my i7 4770k and r9 290 OC should be enough, still not sure if get it on GOG or Steam, GOG keys can be easily found at cheaper price, but i guess steam will be better for some reason

Deadstar

I hope you get stunned when hit in Witcher 3. I liked the fighting system pre-patch in 2 before they made Geralt not react to hits. It looked really goofy to not have him react.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Got a free Witcher 3 code with my new laptop.

My GTX 980M is ready.... to get crushed.

Wag

Holy shit. I don't think I'll be finished with GTA V before this comes out, and I stopped playing Pillars of Eternity to play that.

I haven't played them either and I plan on watching these closer to release:

The Witcher Retrospective - Part 1

The Witcher Retrospective - Part 2

Awesome. I haven't played thru the first two games so this may come in handy. Were these originally created by CDPR or is this fan-made? I'm a little hesitant to peek just in case I get motivated to play them before W3 drops.

Does anyone know approximate time to beat each prequel? I'm assuming they're a little more linear than something like Oblivion/Skyrim, so maybe if I set my mind to it I can finish them in 20-30 hours each? If I do it that way am I going to miss a lot of side content?

antonz

Have had CE preordered since last June. Might be almost time to change my avatar that I have had since Pre Witcher 2 launch

SaberEdge

Originally Posted by IGN
Combat in The Witcher 3 is, as expected, considerably improved over The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, which shed the original game’s rhythmic slicing and dicing in favor of more action-oriented engagements. It worked, but The Witcher 2 was hard, meaning players had to rely heavily on dodge-rolling before mashing the attack buttons. In The Witcher 3, evasion is equally important during challenging combat encounters. The way in which you let loose on some poor soldier, drowner, or griffon, though, requires the sort of care, patience, and precision usually reserved for Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Originally Posted by IGN
That style is something that changes as Geralt grows into a higher-level fighter. His standard strikes evolve into beautiful, balletic pirouettes. The core movement of a low-level Geralt and a maxed-out witcher is dramatically different, and that visual representation has a great, accomplished feeling to it. Combos that look better tend to feel better, and it comes as you become better.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/16/kicking-ass-with-the-witcher-3s-complex-combat-ign-first

The combat seems like it is exactly what I was hoping for.

So happy that the game has gone gold and is only about a month away. But it feels like that month is an eternity away.
So close, yet so far away.

Dynasty8

This game is gonna get murdered by Farming Simulator 15!

What were they thinking when they decided to release The Witcher 3 on the same day as the world's first quadruple A title!?

DAMN! I need to decide if I should upgrade now for this or wait.

I want to play this on PC, but I also want to wait for the newer GPUs like the AMD 390XT and the Nvidia 980 Ti to come out.

Decisions ..... Decisions!

RyudBoy

I built a new PC because of The Witcher 3 (well, there were other reasons, too!).

Getting it on PC first.

Will buy the DLC when it's out.

Will probably double dip on XB1 (when the game goes on sale) for dem achievements!

Kvik

Will probably double dip on XB1 (when the game goes on sale) for dem achievements!

You know, Steam has achievements as well :p

It would make perfect sense double dipping for GOG + Steam versions, personally.

Also playing TW3 in 60+ fps is going to be too good.

Top Bottom