• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 pushed back to February 2015

viveks86

ibvUgjpaizcr89.gif

LOL! This needs to become a boiler plate for all delays! I'm sure it's going to be used quite often!

I'm not surprised, the game is incredibly ambitious. I'd rather wait a few more months and get a polished game.

I also don't have the cash for a PC upgrade or a PS4 right now so this gives me more time to save money.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So Cyberpunk 2018 then. Sad times.

But I'm sure the third installment will live up to the first two, even if I'll probably have to build my comp up from scratch again by then.

Fuck, what's next?? Delay either Destiny or The Division again and I am quitting this shit.

They already did. Destiny was Spring 2014 and got delayed until September and The Division was "2014" and it's now "2015".

Wouldn't surprise me if The Order was next to be delayed until 2015...

Sorry missed your "again".

Fuz

Banned
On one side it's good news, they won't rush the project just to cash out. So, more reasons to think it will be a fantastic game.

On the other side... I was waiting for TW3 to build a new PC. Mine is just too old at this point. Damn them.

Oh My God Dragon Age Inquisition better come out this year, or Im going to flip.

Well Witcher 3 can't be GOTY 2015, because either FF XV, Kingdom Hearts 3 or Persona 5 will be GOTY that year. XD

ys45

I'm OK with that.

There is too many RPG coming this year anyway And I know the game will deliver (maybe even more now with the delay)
And it give me more time to upgrade my video card :)

NEXT delay:
Pillars of Eternity

This is a bummer sure, but given CDPR's track record if they truly feel like a few months will help them put out a better game, I can wait.

How many times have we seen games that we wish the developer (more likely publisher) had the good sense to let simmer just a bit longer rather than pushing it out the door early?

soontroll

Banned
Not great news BUT I'm not too fussed. CDPR = god of game development and if they feel that extra time will make the game better, that's more than fine to me.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It uses magnificent-looking Frostbite 3, and it looks to be much more ambitious than DA1 and DA2. W3 tries to do the same thing.

Also, would you describe Destiny as totally oldgen project? :D

Yes, actually. No game with last-gen development happening will take full advantage of the benefits X1 and PS4 have over PS3/360. The devs can be ambitious, but only to a certain extent of the word. Current-gen console owners are in the position PC gamers were in with PS3/360; sure your console is 10x faster, but all you get is a prettier and better performing version of the game.

Moongazer

Might have well delayed this gen to 2015....

Everything either seems to be getting delayed or in development hell for some reason. My decision to get a PS4 this early is looking dumber by the day :(

This gives me more time to finish the first two games and allows me to finish Dragon Age: Inquisition before its release.

I'm really excited to play the game, but the additional time will only benefit it.

Top Bottom