• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 pushed back to February 2015

LOL, this is becoming a trend in the recent AAA development. Anyways, I'm not so saddened by this as I needed an excuse to buy a new graphic card at 2015 to prepare for the upcoming Oculus Rift release. And also, I really need to finish TW1 & 2 but my 560Ti could barely handle the 2nd at 60fps so I'll wait.

Hope, it doesn't fall in the same problems as WD as CD Projeckt is noted for it's technical achivements.

injurai

Banned
What the actual fuck?

I want to know the reason behind it!

image.php

Tablo

I'm pretty happy about this, devs should feel comfortable about taking the time they need (within reason) to make their games.

Lautaro

I'm pretty happy about this, devs should feel comfortable about taking the time they need (within reason) to make their games.

Sure but I bet the shareholders are not that happy about it. A few months can make a better game but the cost...

Nooooooooooooooo!

OH MAN THAT FRIGGIN BLOWS!

This was one of my most anticipated games.

Did they really to delay it? Was this year totally not feasible?

No, DA3 trailer that was released few days ago had Fall 2014 announcement at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m97-8BTvCj0#t=127

This is what I was thinking of. From an earnings call from October:

EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said:
"But remember, we're introducing NBA this year. We're introducing UFC next year. We have Sims next year, we would most likely, possibly have Dragon Age next year."

Not exactly filling me with confidence.

JayEH

NOOOOO I thought this game was going to come out in May/June. Now I have to wait a year :(

Well at least that'll give some room to DA3 in the fantasy department.

2014 is looking like a shitty gaming year.

Quantum Break launches this year, so no.

Also it's been really great imo, we are still in March and I can already name some really pleasant releases: Rayman Legends, PvZ: GW, Titanfall, DS 2, and that's just the ones that I thought were really really great. (Well, I didn't get DS2 yet, but I'm sure it's going to be amazing)

If they keep that pace till the year's end it's going to be an awesome year for gaming.

Terra_Ex

On a positive side of things, this gives me more time to upgrade my PC and the resulting game should be even better. How I'm actually feeling:
NOOOOOOOOooooo!

Watch Dogs
Wolfensten: New Order
The Evil Within
Destiny
Arkham Knight
Alien: Isolation
Order 1886
Dragon Age III
Lords of the Fallen
LOTR: Shadows of Mordor
Drive Club [ :D ]
usual Assassins Creed/COD/maybe Battlefield from Visceral [Ubi is unclear about Crew/Division/FarCry 4]

and many more...

No offense but that list looks bleak as hell. I might buy Destiny if it's good enough to get a PS4 for it.

Guri

Glad they're putting their feet down on the subject, even with a possible pressure from shareholders. Remember this is an open-world game and if it's just a bit rushed, a series of bugs can occur. We don't want that. 2 to 3 months of tuning will do the game well.

JLeack

Banned
2014 is becoming very dry.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Destiny doesn't look all that great to me. Therefore, this is a weak year for games IMO.

d9b

Banned
"We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015."

I'm ok with this.

viveks86

Damn! A year away?! The entire board of CDPR needs to take responsibility and step down! How dare they! They must have gone back to the drawing board!

:'(

R_Deckard

Ah sh!t..but not unexpected, I feel as if delay's will be announced for more games this year.

Oh well I can delay my Card upgrade now!

"Buy a next gen console, they will be great !" they said...

Driveclub, Watch Dogs, Destiny, The Division and The Witcher 3 all delayed...

Evil Beaver

Was the delay due to issues in development or did they take a step back and say, "Hey you know what? Everything is fucking awesome right now with this game, let's see if we can do better."

I wonder....

jacobeid

Banned
Sticks but that will be exactly two years after building my roof so maybe I'll grab a new GPU with the game.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Top Bottom