• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 pushed back to February 2015

Bioware right now:

ibi0Xz0Lxz7KTV.gif

I could honestly see Inquisition being delayed to next year as well. Not that I want that to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Grief.exe

Looks like I'll be picking up the new Dragon Age then. I really want an RPG for my PS4, it's hungry.
Welp. I hope DA:I is good :l

Keep holding your breath on that one.

I could honestly see Inquisition being delayed to next year as well. Not that I want that to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

EA will push it out no matter what at this point.

you'd probably need 2 for sampling fun for witcher 3 lol

I kind of doubt it, looking at the relative power of the next-gen consoles and the likely jump for a card of that nature. There is already is quite a gap between current mid-range cards and next-gen consoles.

If that's what they need in order to make it as they visioned then so be it.
With PoE and wasteland 2 being delayed I guess that leaves only original sin and risen 3 as the WRPGs to look forward to this year.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Well, I wasn't expecting it till November/December 2014 so a few months delay won't do any harm. At least it won't ruin DA3 for me

It's been in dev over 3 years at time of release and they had a playable build for this past holiday. I think they'll be good. Honestly, this is good for both of them as they aren't competing for RPG interest.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The fuck is actually coming out this year?

Thank god Titanfall and Infamous seem legit.

Dear Bungie,

The 2nd half of 2014 called. It's appearing more and more barren. You need to be our savior.

Gurish

Why do i have a feeling this is not the last one to get delayed into 2015?

Please just don't delay Batman as well or i won't have any reason jumping Nextgen :(

Yet another reason to hold off on going next-gen.

exactly, no games seem to really be coming out in 2014 of any real significance. hell, the amount of actual next gen only games are pretty small. developers and publishers really seem to keep pushing back more and more games that were promised to release in 2014. so 2015 seems better to go next gen, previously released games will be cheap and the ones that were supposed to be out in 2014 will actually start releasing. so no time lost waiting for the same games lol. i'm still waiting for Activision to push Destiny into 2015, i know it'll happen at some point.

kswiston

Durante will have to update his 2014 RPG thread.

I'm ok with this. 2014 was already too busy. I look forward to The Witcher 3 and Persona 5 making 2015 another memorable year for rpg gamers.

i want to say that i'm surprised , but i'm honnestly not their project was always quite big and if they need a few more months of polish then it's great ..yeah it's another game less in my 2014 backlog

DieH@rd

Banned

Dear Bungie,

The 2nd half of 2014 called. It's appearing more and more barren. You need to be our savior.

Watch Dogs
Wolfensten: New Order
The Evil Within
Destiny
Arkham Knight
Alien: Isolation
Order 1886
Dragon Age III
Lords of the Fallen
LOTR: Shadows of Mordor
Drive Club [ :D ]
usual Assassins Creed/COD/maybe Battlefield from Visceral [Ubi is unclear about Crew/Division/FarCry 4]

and many more...

Yeah until they also delay DAI.:p

This seems to becoming a trend this gen,i kinda feel bad for early adopters.

Yeah it's starting to suck. The bright side of me early adopting is that I had taken advantage of that Best Buy 'sell your old console for $100 minimum' and sold everything I could. I ended up getting the PS4 for almost nothing out of savings.

The downside is that not many games coming out 2014 are must-plays for me besides (now) Dragon Age Inquisition and Destiny. Everything else I'm playing for the sake of playing something or because it somewhat interests me. But I'm not dying to play them. Good thing I spend most of my time watching shows

Watch Dogs
The Evil Within
Destiny
Arkham Knight
Order 1886
Dragon Age III
Lords of the Fallen
usual Assassins Creed/COD/maybe Battlefield from Visceral [Ubi is unclear about Crew/Division/FarCry 4]

and many more...

Evolve is a big one IMO.

I'm glad that more and more developers are delaying games to polish the final product. Sure I'd like to play my games asap. But in the end I care more for memorable experiences and getting my money's worth.

Dear Bungie,

Off the top of my head, The Evil Within, The Order, Batman Arkham Knight, Dragon's Age: Inquisition, Dreamfall Chapters (hopefully).

Watch Dogs
The Evil Within
Destiny
Arkham Knight
Order 1886
Dragon Age III
Lords of the Fallen

and many more...

Beaten by a more comprehensive list.

Dennis

Banned
Watch Dogs
The Evil Within
Destiny
Arkham Knight
Order 1886
Dragon Age III
Lords of the Fallen

and many more...
GTA V

VoidZero

Banned
I was looking forward to it. But if the delay will improve it, then I can't complain.
Better later and good, than too soon and bad or not so good,

dreamfall

Profound sadness :/

It'll be ready when it's ready- and it shall be glorious. But the waiting game commences, and our adventures with Geralt are on hold. I really hope they release some new videos, maybe a prologue story, something to tide us over.

DieH@rd

Banned
I wouldn't call DA a next-gen RPG anyway, with it being cross gen game.

It uses magnificent-looking Frostbite 3, and it looks to be much more ambitious than DA1 and DA2. W3 tries to do the same thing.

Also, would you describe Destiny as totally oldgen project? :D

We've seen so little of it and it's not a game that should be put out during the holiday rush, so it sucks but not unexpected at all.

I thought EA has alluded that it might not be out until next year?

Top Bottom