• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- 16 free DLCs for everyone!

Zabuza

Banned
CD Projekt are the best. Seriously, news like this makes me happy to be a gamer. There's still good ones out there.

RK9039

tumblr_mhvvyw1cqJ1r2o0mno1_500.gif

My favourite kind of DLC.

In an open letter, CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwiński lambasted the current state of affairs, where DLC acts either as carrot dangling in front of certain shops, or as supplementary revenue-booster at launch.

These guys get it.

Rezae

I question the sincerity or motives, but hell, sometimes you need to put the cynic binders down. In a time when we segregate game companies into heroes and villains, CDPR is definitely a hero right now.

Ammogeddon

This has to be a deliberate statement against Activision, EA, and Ubisoft right?

Why else would they do it, there's plenty of time to put it in the game proper.

Either way, big respects to them, I can't stand the way gaming has been going of late.

CD Projekt and Platinum: The last two developers left who are keeping it real.
why make it even DLC, then?
and if you believe day one dlc like this is not done before that, you must still believe in santa claus, too.
SE and Level 5 have done the same thing in the past with some of their handheld games. It keeps people from trading them in/selling them quickly after they're done.

Moff

why make it even DLC, then?
and if you believe day one dlc like this is not done before that, you must still believe in santa claus, too.

muzzymate

Seriously... Other than the delay into February, has there been any bad news for this game (other than the delay into February? Love these developers. Will be Day 1 purchase for sure.

I don’t play on PC, and have never played a Witcher game, but I will support such a respectable dev buy purchasing Witcher 3 for my PS4.

Guri

And one year after, a free upgrade to the Enhanced Edition, if they still release one. CDPR is still awesome.

CDPR telling it how it should be. Massive respect to these devs. Have already pre-ordered Witcher 3 on PC and will also grab it for ps4 just to support them further. If only all developers were like this aye!

Roll on February!

Auctopus

Step 1: Take tiny cuts out of the game like armours and haircuts.
Step 2: Say these pieces will arrive as FREE DLC after the game releases.

Honestly, why is it even DLC?

Buying game regardless, though.

Sotha_Sil

I wonder if it will be attached to a download code that comes with purchases of new copies, or if it will just be patched in for everyone.

LiK

Step 1: Take tiny cuts out of the game like armours and haircuts.
Step 2: Say these pieces will arrive as FREE DLC after the game releases.

Honestly, why is it even DLC?

Buying game regardless, though.

Other companies will charge for them. *coughDestinycough*

the game doesn't come out for 3 months, don't tell me their 16 DLC armors and weapons or whatever could not just be part of the game in the first place. Can't believe people are just licking this up.

Top Bottom