• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - New screenshots

misho8723

Banned
tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

Or
OJtb.jpg

wow so much for ultra mode - I thought the news that a GTX 980 could run 1080p60 at ultra meant they had great optimization, not that the level of detail just isnt that high on max. I am only talking about the landscape/foliage here - the detail on enemies is excellent and game looks great apart from the background scenery

still day 1 for the game, but that doesnt look ultra to me.

Lt-47

I read that there are options to have bits of the HUD fade out when not in use. You might be able to do more, not sure.

They said that ? I thought it was limited to opacity. I hope it's true, the hud is so overcrowded and ugly

I don't know how much you know about image quality, but I'm an expert, and I tell you that IQ in these shots is fantastic.

(unless you are purely talking about the jpg compression, which is rather ugly on these. But the base rendering IQ is great)

that's exactly what I'm talking about.

this one looks like Geralt just delivered the punchline to a joke and it's just killed the other guy.

Geralt's got that Mortal Kombat pose.

latest

tuxfool

Banned
wow so much for ultra mode - I thought the news that a GTX 980 could run 1080p60 at ultra meant they had great optimization, not that the level of detail just isnt that high on max. I am only talking about the landscape/foliage here - the detail on enemies is excellent and game looks great apart from the background scenery

still day 1 for the game, but that doesnt look ultra to me.

They haven't shown anything on full ultra yet. Only tentatively here and there.

You really think that? Or is it sarcasm?
I honestly think they look upscaled rather than down. They look kinda low quality/blurry. The image quality is pretty low looking.

JPG compression. Not even once.

Seriously though..... they've been showcasing 4K shots for a while. Don't see why they'd stop now. But these screenshots fell off the JPG compression tree and hit every branch on the way down.

If you think these aren't downsampled, then can I interest you in a bridge I have for sale?

Dat armor.

I seriously can't wait for this game.

Btw, is there an option to make the current objective fade away after a few seconds like in DA:I?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Geralt visits Starship Troopers.

Loakum

Banned
More PC images and footage. It would be nice if they actually showed what the console versions looked like. I mean, it's only just 24 days away from the game's release. :/

MikeyB

I have never played a Witcher game and haven't thought about playing them even once. I haven't even been drawn to any of the trailers. I only clicked on this thread by accident.
but these screenshots make me interested.

b0bbyJ03

Anyone know if the witcher games allow u to change difficulty during the game? I'd like to try the hardest setting but if gets annoying at some point I'd like the option of going down a level. After beating Bloodborne I'm itching for a challenge

Daverid

CDPR has been known to miscommunicate within their departments... But if true, then fuck me sideways it looks incredible for X1.

Anyone know if the witcher games allow u to change difficulty during the game? I'd like to try the hardest setting but if gets annoying at some point I'd like the option of going down a level. After beating Bloodborne I'm itching for a challenge

Yes, you can.

Momentary

Banned
Well these aren't maxed out screen shots. They look good, but murky. Want some l'oreal and non console-like resolutions for my screenshots.

I guess they just don't want the majority of consumers to feel like they've been had when they finally pick this up on PS4 or XB1.

Can't wait for the salon goodness.

W3sod.gif

misho8723

Banned
Those should be XboxOne screens:

Edit. Ok, those tweets no longer exists, so yeah, todays screens are from the PC version - High & Ultra

FourMyle

This is objectively the best one because it has a new enemy in it, also people are launching missiles at Geralt from the mountain and the moon is falling.

Yeah that's my favorite too. All the enemies they showed in the preious trailers looked pretty boring. Hopefully there are a lot more interesting ones like those in the game.

Momentary

Banned

Yeah. Looks murky as hell and like they upscaled the images to 1080p for some reason. Like I mentioned earlier. I mean, the game looks good, but seeing it on my 1440p monitor just doesn't do it justice. I guess it better suited for T.V. web browsing.

Durante

There are only 3 options here:
1) The game runs at single-digit FPS on XB1.
2) CDPR have gone beyond the metal and are programming the system on an atom-by-atom basis.
3) Those are PC shots.

My money is on 3).

Qassim

There are only 3 options here:
1) The game runs at single-digit FPS on XB1.
2) CDPR have gone beyond the metal and are programming the system on an atom-by-atom basis.
3) Those are PC shots.

My money is on 3).

2 sounds most feasible to me. The advantage of being a balanced system like the Xbox One is that it makes coding to the atom feasible.

Top Bottom