• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
all those beehives on the trees, burn them down and sell them to the alchemist women in white orchid near sawmill :D quite a few around there

Where is she? I stumbled on the tree notice myself and have been collecting hives, but her house is locked and she is nowhere to be found. Does she appear after a plot event because I still haven't even finished the lilacs and gooseberries quest due to all my random exploring...

Any update from Sony on dlc and patch 1.02 for usa?

Shocked this still isn't up. Was totally expecting it to be part of the PSN update yesterday, but nope. I want my alt. Yennefer outfit!

mrlion

i think i've made a huge mistake...

How can i Re-Spec my points?

Need to buy a Potion of Clearance,
at level 5 you get a side quest that leads to Keira Metz's house, once you talk to her ask her what she's selling, she sells Potion of Clearance for 1000 crowns.

Where can I find Celadine and a drowner's brain for a swallow potion?

Celadine is a small, low bush with yellow flowers, grows all over the place. You'll have to take the brain from the skull of a a drowner, who isn't likely to let you have it easily. As the name implies, you can find them at the shores of bodies of water. There are bunches scattered around white orchard.

fossen

This has probably already been shared but...

For those of you playing on Xbox One - don't shut down your system with the instant on function enabled while you have the game still running. Doing so will cause your game to fail to save the next time you go to play - losing all of your forward progress. Also the Xbox will have to be hard reset for the game to load any previous saves. Luckily I noticed this after 15 minutes, but some people have lost hours of progress.

I'm currently testing leaving the instant on enabled, but dashboarding and quitting the game before shutting the Xbox off. Hopefully that's a viable workaround until a patch fixes it.

Thanks for this. I've experienced it myself, and it's good to have confirmation.

pakkit

Banned
So far its much more built around Last wish and SoD, but alot of triss stuff will be lost on you if you havent played witcher 2 and also understand how important yen is to geralt

The big sticking point for me is how much this iteration of The Witcher seems like it a gamified version of The Last Wish. You get all these vignettes (through side quests), and the pastoral goings-on detailed in the book are wonderfully translated into the sprawling world. It's clear that CDPR really respects the source material, and leaves plenty of easter eggs for fans of the series. It's this type of commitment to the text and its culture that sheds light on why Poland's PM visited the studio to congratulate them.

Just had an awesome fight which forced me to visit a blacksmith and upgrade my gear. Oils, potions and bombs did the rest. Awesome stuff on Death March.

This has probably already been shared but...

For those of you playing on Xbox One - don't shut down your system with the instant on function enabled while you have the game still running. Doing so will cause your game to fail to save the next time you go to play - losing all of your forward progress. Also the Xbox will have to be hard reset for the game to load any previous saves. Luckily I noticed this after 15 minutes, but some people have lost hours of progress.

I'm currently testing leaving the instant on enabled, but dashboarding and quitting the game before shutting the Xbox off. Hopefully that's a viable workaround until a patch fixes it.
Shit, really?

KingKong

One thing I really appreciate is that, 5 hours in at least, money is actually hard to come by and things you want (like repair) cost a significant amount. Even with running around and looting everything I could find in the first map, I ended up with less than 1k gold, which isn't much when you consider that repairing everything costs ~200

w52q2s.jpg

I love the BOAT part on the hub

just in case you might not notice you're on a boat

of course I'm being facetious

epmode

One thing I really appreciate is that, 5 hours in at least, money is actually hard to come by and things you want (like repair) cost a significant amount. Even with running around and looting everything I could find in the first map, I ended up with less than 1k gold, which isn't much when you consider that repairing everything costs ~200

Keeping the economy tight is pretty close to the books. Geralt is usually almost broke and he has to haggle with asshole peasants for all sorts of stuff.

Maedhros

I'm almost done with The Last Wish...and it's cleared up so much of plot for me (e.g. Ciri's tie to Emhyr and Geralt). This game, in particular, seems built around the books.

There's no mention of Ciri in The Last Wish. It's in The Sword of Destiny.

The name of the saga isn't The Last Wish, btw.

cresto

Has anyone had any sound issues with the game? I'm playing on XBO and the sound starts to get distorted from time-to-time. Seems random, but happens a lot in the white orchard area. Seems like if there is a performance drop, the sound starts to go to shit as well.

Also, I did some reading up on the family matters quest and it seems like I broke it. Not sure what to do...

H4r4kiri

Does anbody else play with DS4 Windows and a Dualshock ?

I feel this game is so unresponsive that sometimes I just want to quit.

Even as someone who hasn't played Bloodborne, now I can see the complaints about the controls. I can get adjusted to the layout well enough. The bigger problem is how you go from 0 to 60 with like a tap of the stick. Still enjoying myself though.

Has anyone had any sound issues with the game? I'm playing on XBO and the sound starts to get distorted from time-to-time. Seems random, but happens a lot in the white orchard area. Seems like if there is a performance drop, the sound starts to go to shit as well.

Also, I did some reading up on the family matters quest and it seems like I broke it. Not sure what to do...

Yah

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Agreed. Many are complaining about how hard it is to get money, but I prefer that to having mountains of it that I don't know what to do with. Makes it actually feel like it's worth something, which often isn't the case in games. Witchers work hard for their money.

Lunar15

I feel like when I watch people play, they don't use bombs enough in multi-enemy situations.

The game reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter: You have to prepare for battles and be aware of your surroundings. Know what works and use your tools.

RDreamer

Hahahahaha on the notice board:

Don't Eat Cats

Kind people, don't eat cats. It brings horribly ill luck. After I brewed a broth from our she-cat, next day I twisted my ankle in the field. It's clear they speak truth saying cats are creatures soaked in foul magic and copulating with witches and seek revenge from beyond the grave.

ok.

Majmun

Really amazing game. The world seems huge. I'm actually overwhelmed by it. And that's not always a good thing lol

I eventually stopped playing Skyrim because there was just too much shit to do.

I sold my first set of Witcher armor after I upgraded to something better. Am I effed? Just read that all of the later armor crafting requires your witcher armor...ugh. Hate it when games do stuff like this without warning. :-(

Should I restart?

woen

That horse is awful. It's hard to find even with L3, it's hard to mount on it and it is not designed for this open world. I'd be happy to use more the quick travel system but since it takes 1 or 2 minutes to load...

I sold my first set of Witcher armor after I upgraded to something better. Am I effed? Just read that all of the later armor crafting requires your witcher armor...ugh. Hate it when games do stuff like this without warning. :-(

Should I restart?

Please don't tell me this is true because I did the same, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom