• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musolf815

Perhaps it's one of the greatest PR stunts in history!

"We're sorry but Driveclub is delayed until 2014. Your new PS4 launch lineup is KZS, Knack and Infamous: Second Son."

I would seriously freak out. Like I'd be giddy and running around. I really want this to happen, but Sucker Punch has said a bunch of times that Second Son is February. How much would it hurt the game to lose 3+ months of dev time to rush it out? Could they do a PS Plus digital edition that's only part of the game?

VanWinkle

I'm not sure how DriveClub is a bigger name than Infamous...

it's not going to happen anyways

besides Minecraft is the biggest name of anything at launch for either system though I doubt it'll be a system seller

Oh sorry, I wasn't referring to his first line about Infamous. I was replying to his suggestion of Flower and Escape Plan as Plus suggestions. They need something big to soften the blow of essentially requiring PS+, and I honestly don't know what they'll do now without Driveclub.

megalowho

Well damn. Hope it's not true, but the no comments are suspicious and it's a pretty bad look for Sony if so. An 11th hour delay of one of their few retail launch exclusives, one that was also doubling as the pack-in game for PS+ members (and heavily advertised as such). Sucks the wind out of the launch sails a bit along with the Watch Dogs delay. If the game needs it so be it, but pretty terrible timing all the same.

I would seriously freak out. Like I'd be giddy and running around. I really want this to happen, but Sucker Punch has said a bunch of times that Second Son is February. How much would it hurt the game to lose 3+ months of dev time to rush it out? Could they do a PS Plus digital edition that's only part of the game?

I rather infamous come in feb than rushing it for launch.

Free in Japan.

The bigger issue is that Knack doesn't really use PS Plus, so it's not a great tie-in.

Japan is arguably the harder market for Sony in terms of hype for these consoles, not to mention they aren't even being released until next February. The console pre-order bonus of Knack is to get that device in family's homes. There's also the argument that the potential amount of lost revenue by giving away Knack for free for pre-ordering the console would be offset by the rest of the world having to buy it. However if we're all getting it for free now.... :\ I dunno...

If they seriously put a 'full' game release on Plus as a replacement for Driveclub (Doubtful), my money is on Injustice as the theory is going that Sony paid for that PS4 port to happen themselves and they've been super tight with Warner lately, so it would be an easy get I'd say... relatively at least.

No way Killzone or Knack go free.

same game?
fist gif looks god damm like hell

second and third just like crap

mabye the first is a cinnematic and the 2 other real gameplay?
in that case i understand why some1 would say that...

Hot damn, I was just saying in another thread that a guy who got banned after 11 posts was setting some sort of record but this guy only made 3 before getting shitcanned. Only fresh off the boat today.

This place is going fucking crazy lately.

FINALBOSS

Banned
You know what pisses me off?

That Evolution studios guy Rushy or whatever had enough time to post on twitter about not having enough time.

frizby

Japan is arguably the harder market for Sony in terms of hype for these consoles, not to mention they aren't even being released until next February. The console pre-order bonus of Knack is to get that device in family's homes. There's also the argument that the potential amount of lost revenue by giving away Knack for free for pre-ordering the console would be offset by the rest of the world having to buy it. However if we're all getting it for free now.... :\ I dunno...

Knack will probably underperform everywhere, and Sony has to know it, especially after Puppeteer. So why not throw in the full version as a consolation if you're already doing it in one major market? Maybe, if it's good, word of mouth gives it some legs and you have a franchise.

Other than not being a natural tie to PS Plus, it's the perfect pack in game. Like I said earlier, it's kind of an old school pack in like Mario, Sonic or Crash.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Remember when Microsoft took PD:Z and Kameo, both originally Xbox titles, and made them kinda ugly but not really 360 launch games?

Sony really should've done that with Puppeteer, GT6, and Beyond.

It is weird to me.

I feel like Puppeteer especially would have benefited. And Beyond practically LOOKS the part already, QD's tech is fucking crazy.

on one side, it's an unknown site and an obvious click bait
on the other, no news from sony that usualy are fast for denying bad news...

So...

Amir0x

Banned
I am getting a bit more bummed thinking about it. I mean it's a good thing since the game wasn't in a ready state, but I wanted a racing game to round out my lineup, and I ain't touching Need for Speed. I mean I wasn't even particularly hyped for DriveClub, just thought it showed promise, but for some reason it's like an itch now. All of a sudden I want it lol

I guess I'll just let GT6 be my fix for racing around that time... still, different types of racing games :(

graywolf323

Oh sorry, I wasn't referring to his first line about Infamous. I was replying to his suggestion of Flower and Escape Plan as Plus suggestions. They need something big to soften the blow of essentially requiring PS+, and I honestly don't know what they'll do now without Driveclub.

ah sorry, yeah I get that

not sure what they'll do

I would love for Knack to be Free but the clean up that Sony would have to do with bundles and retail/digital preorders would make it likely not the case

VanWinkle

I am getting a bit more bummed thinking about it. I mean it's a good thing since the game wasn't in a ready state, but I wanted a racing game to round out my lineup, and I ain't touching Need for Speed. I mean I wasn't even particularly hyped for DriveClub, just thought it showed promise, but for some reason it's like an itch now. All of a sudden I want it lol

I guess I'll just let GT6 be my fix for racing around that time... still, different types of racing games :(

I'm not really interested in GT6. Not a huge sim fan. Driveclub looks awesome though. I'm a little sad, I'll admit.

I, for one, will take Mort as at least soft confirmation.

Yeah, I mean, he's pretty reliable. Still, and it's probably just the optimist in me talking, I think a lack of a Sony response tonight isn't too awful a thing. If we don't hear anything tomorrow, then I think something's definitely up.

Knack will probably underperform everywhere, and Sony has to know it, especially after Puppeteer. So why not throw in the full version as a consolation if you're already doing it in one major market? Maybe, if it's good, word of mouth gives it some legs and you have a franchise.

I think with DC and WD delays, Knack might actually do better than previously forecasted because a lot of other retail offerings for the PS4 are annual iterations. I agree with you on it being a great pack-in if Sony goes that route-- I had it pre-ordered regardless-- I just hate to see Sony's in house studio take it on the chin in terms of sales because some of their partners aren't performing up to snuff.

Skeff

I'm noticing that this news isn't really big anywhere else (although I'm just using N4G as a metric). Maybe GAF's overreacting a bit?

It's only big news here as FamousMortimor said he had heard it too and he's pretty spot on with leaks, so It depends on how much other news site are willing to take the word of a GAFfer.

GavinGT

Banned
I'm noticing that this news isn't really big anywhere else (although I'm just using N4G as a metric). Maybe GAF's overreacting a bit?

Most other sites see this as a rumor from some random source with no credibility. On the other hand, we have a reliable Sony insider here who's confident enough in his source that he's willing to stake his account on it.

frizby

Have we considered the possibility that they could still launch with the PS Plus Edition with the full retail game coming later?

SRTtoZ

It's only big news here as FamousMortimor said he had heard it too and he's pretty spot on with leaks, so It depends on how much other news site are willing to take the word of a GAFfer.

Not just that. One of the directors of the game says he doesn't know and PS4 is being demo'd without it, etc. I'm sorry but if this was a BS rumor wouldn't someone from Evolution dispel it immediately?

Amir0x

Banned
I'm not really interested in GT6. Not a huge sim fan. Driveclub looks awesome though. I'm a little sad, I'll admit.

I mean I love sim racing games, but I also love the other types too. For some reason though before I was only sort of cautiously looking to play DriveClub, now I really want it since it won't be there. I hate that candy behind glass effect lol

Slashlen

Hot damn, I was just saying in another thread that a guy who got banned after 11 posts was setting some sort of record but this guy only made 3 before getting shitcanned. Only fresh off the boat today.

This place is going fucking crazy lately.

Yeah, it makes me think I chose a dangerous time to join.

Cuz he trolled in response to your own message! Look alive, soldier! :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86329153&postcount=2478

YQy5Z5s.gif

nib95

Banned

I'm getting GT6 for sure, but I'm also really bummed out (at least if this is true). I'm just burned out on NFS and really wanted something new and more graphically attractive, DriveClub fulfilled that perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom