• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salex_

What makes even the first one look bad?

I think his vision is messed up. I don't see how he can say the first gif looks like "god damn hell" and flat out call the other 2 "crap". I think I need to stop refreshing this thread and work on my assignments because these fail quotes are killing me lol.

DR3AM

i think the rumor is true, sony is probably looking for a free game for psn members right now and it will be announced with the delay

Gaz_RB

I do think that right now if Driveclub falls into 2014 that the Xbone's line up is better than PS4's. But I also think that Microsoft's console will have much greater post-launch drought than Sony's.

i just had a talk with bishoptl through PM and he said i should apologize for Rushy regarding my post.

which is why i am posting in this thread again.

sorry dude if you ever read this thread and found what i said offensive.

Do not take it personally. sorry again.
Good job! Bish gave you a lifeline

frizby

PureGone
Banned

Very appropriate name. Good bye.

The one upside to all this is that it's one of the few times this year the PS console warriors haven't had all of the objective facts on their side. This has already proven to be an equal opportunity thread.

Actually, Eurogamer is one of the sites driving DOWN the Metacritic average of both Motorstorm and Motorstorm: PR. MS got an 80 from them, and MS:pR got a 70.

So what you said is wrong, dead wrong.

Other reputable sites scoring MS:pR poorly:

Edge 70, TheSixthAxis 60, the Official Playstation Magazine 60.. and hell Game Informer gave it a 73. 11 out of 63 reviews were 90+, and 5 of those sites I've never heard of.

Apocalypse got only 1 90+ and that was Gaming Nexus. Yeah, I don't know them either.

Just goes on to show - you can't trust reviewers.

Well, this is really shitty if true. First they have to deal with the Watch Dogs delay fallout and then they have one of their own tent-pole first party launch titles delayed. Not the end of the world, but it certainly doesn't look good either. Less than a month out from the release and a big launch title may be delayed, it isn't pretty anyway you slice it. It'll a tough sell. However, I wouldn't be surprised if part of the decision to delay the game came from Sony wanting to spread out the release of games after launch. Keep early next year (assuming the delay is to spring of 2014) solid with new games in DriveClub and Infamous, plus Watch Dogs now. Killzone, Knack and everything else can probably hold steady for a few months.

The One launch lineup will likely look a lot stronger to a lot of people if this is legit.

Their preorder numbers were probably good enough to sell out of everything at launch even if some people canceled, anyways. Spreading them out probably looked tolerable given the situation they were looking at.

The only thing that would have us very concerned about driveclub is not even it's graphics, considering Evolution's track record, they nail the visuals in their games as the games. It's the gameplay, handling of cars that I am concerned about. Those who had the opportunity to play the game at different game shows have said it doesn't quite feel sim nor does it feel too arcadey like NFS. When it came to real world cars in a racing game, I have been thoroughly engrossed by NFS HP2010 and NFSMW2012 for their sublime handling, drifting which might be totally un-realistic to some of you, but it's downright fun to me and to those who have a liking for it. Evolution have said they are fine tuning the handling of cars, guess we'll have to wait and find out. Either way I'm getting Driveclub just to show my support for Evolution, I have enjoyed playing motorstorm games, have played Motorstorm Apocalypse to hearts content.

Yoday

I am fine with this if true. Like with the Watchdogs delay, it doesn't really bother me because there are so many awesome games coming out at launch. There are five to six other games I plan on getting at launch, and this was the last game I was planning on playing. By the time I really planned on getting around to this game, it will probably be early next year anyway. Need for Speed is the racing game that I am looking forward to this year, so Driveclub was something I merely planned on messing around with a little bit. If it comes out in Spring, not only will it be a much better game because of the extra development time, but I am also much more likely to actually buy the game.

If a side effect of this means that we get Knack for free instead, then hell yeah, huge win in my book.

VanWinkle

Perhaps it's one of the greatest PR stunts in history!

"We're sorry but Driveclub is delayed until 2014. You're new PS4 launch lineup is KZS, Knack and Infamous: Second Son."

Perhaps Flower and Escape Plan?

The thing is, they need a big NAME. They're making people pay for online play and they need to soften the blow with a big name. Driveclub did that. That's why I dont think it will be a DD game like Escape Plan or Flower.

A next gen Motorstorm Apocalypse is what I want from a racing game. A shame that the market voted against it.
Bad timing I think. I was intending to get it but it got delayed and then it got lost in the shuffle. Didn't pick it up until about a month or so ago.

But yeah, +1 to a next-gen Motorstorm with a cockpit view and even more mud.

Surely knack is their only obvious option?

I don't know about that. I mean, the PS+ edition of DC wasn't the full retail game. You can do that with something like a racing game where you can lock out-- or rather not include since showing it but locking it out screams "demo" and not a cool "lite" version of the full game-- because of the number of cars and tracks there are. With a title like Knack, can you even make a lite version? Do you just lose out on a ton of potential sales by offering one of only two Day One launch exclusives (the other being Killzone) as a freebie?

I get that Sony needs to sort out what the Day 1 PS+ freebie will be in place of DC, if indeed that's even necessary, but if I were Cerny I'd be like "I feel your pain, but stay the fuck away from Knack".

killatopak

Gold Member
The one upside to all this is that it's one of the few times this year the PS console warriors haven't had all of the objective facts on their side. This has already proven to be an equal opportunity thread.

I agree. There's no way to confirm that it's delayed or not unless Sony officials confirms it. This makes it easier for shills to enter the fray.

Meh. I'll be good with Killzone, Knack and NBA 2K.

If true, I hope they hit 60fps. If they do, the delay would be worthwhile. And please don't have any Motostorm-esque load screens, Evolution.

Just imagine a next generation Motorstorm Apocalypse.

I'm barely interested in Driveclub, which looks like yet another licensed racer, but I'd be stoked for that.

The time comes when I get tired of driving a name-less car, I am a huge fan of the Burnout series, I slowly started to get bored of driving cars that had no brand name attached to it. Then NFS HP happened in 2010 and I got back into racing games! Motorstorm Apocalypse has some of the best particle effects you would ever see in a racing game. Overtaking enemy racers while dangerously avoiding a head on collision with a Tornado and the pile of debris it throws debris is such a sublime thing to experience and it's a must having racing title on the PS3!

frizby

I don't know about that. I mean, the PS+ edition of DC wasn't the full retail game. You can do that with something like a racing game where you can lock out-- or rather not include since showing it but locking it out screams "demo" and not a cool "lite" version of the full game-- because of the number of cars and tracks there are. With a title like Knack, can you even make a lite version? Do you just lose out on a ton of potential sales by offering one of only two Day One launch exclusives (the other being Killzone) as a freebie?

I get that Sony needs to sort out what the Day 1 PS+ freebie will be in place of DC, if indeed that's even necessary, but if I were Cerny I'd be like "I feel your pain, but stay the fuck away from Knack".

Free in Japan.

The bigger issue is that Knack doesn't really use PS Plus, so it's not a great tie-in.

xiong644

Neo Member
Cmon guys its Sony, their first party stuff is always great so its a good thing that they delayed Driveclub.

Stop picking up pitchforks and knives and have a little faith. If the game needs polish them let them do it.

you guys complain about a delay and then when the game comes out cause it wasn't finish you complain about that. Gamers need to stop complaining about everything.

graywolf323

The thing is, they need a big NAME. They're making people pay for online play and they need to soften the blow with a big name. Driveclub did that. That's why I dont think it will be a DD game like Escape Plan or Flower.

I'm not sure how DriveClub is a bigger name than Infamous...

it's not going to happen anyways

besides Minecraft is the biggest name of anything at launch for either system though I doubt it'll be a system seller

Cmon guys its Sony, their first party stuff is always great so its a good thing that they delayed Driveclub.

Stop picking up pitchforks and knives and have a little faith. If the game needs polish them let them do it.

you guys complain about a delay and then when the game comes out cause it wasn't finish you complain about that. Gamers need to stop complaining about everything.

I hope they don't start slow again like with PS3. If next year is only infamous,order and maybe uncharted then that will be disappointing.

Skeff

Injustice could be cut down reasonably easy, I assume they have some kind of deal as it's not coming to XB1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom