• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm hoping we at least get the PS+ version at launch. A long shot it seems at the moment

The odds of that are longer than winning the powerball twice in the same year whilst being hit by lightning while riding three pink elephants perched precariously on a lumbering rhino.

krioto

The odds of that are longer than winning the powerball twice in the same year whilst being hit by lightning while riding three pink elephants perched precariously on a lumbering rhino.

yeah, I know. just want some next-gen racing at launch - anything!

Amir0x

Banned
I'm getting GT6 for sure, but I'm also really bummed out (at least if this is true). I'm just burned out on NFS and really wanted something new and more graphically attractive, DriveClub fulfilled that perfectly.

Ironically, my two most anticipated next-gen games full stop are now both in the XBO launch - Forza 5 and Crimson Dragon haha

Not that DriveClub changed that calculus or anything, that was the way I felt before, but it just struck me that my most anticipated racing game remains on XBO lol

megalowho

Remember when Microsoft took PD:Z and Kameo, both originally Xbox titles, and made them kinda ugly but not really 360 launch games?

Sony really should've done that with Puppeteer, GT6, and Beyond.
I agree with this, especially Puppeteer. Instead of being buried on PS3 it would have been a creative standout for a hungry audience of early adopters. GT6 and Beyond could go either way, I'm sure they're still quite keen to get the most out of that install base while they still can, but leaning too heavily in that direction may end up haunting them if a lackluster (and diminishing) launch window starts convincing people they don't really need a PS4 anytime soon.

frizby

Your assuming it won't be on PS4...Yo bluepoint, whatcha working on?

I meant that it should have been pushed fully to PS4 like MS did with Ryse and DR3.

TLoU would have been a killer launch title and would have still sold well in the long run.

Skeff

50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toCD.jpeg

serious question... Are those guys worried this game ain't gonna make this year buying the retail version of this game day 1? Because the only thing I would hate if this game is delayed is that I will get 1 less ps+ game at launch date that's about it, but its still coming, and as a better product. I doubt this will have that much impact at all. Especially if you consider the numeruos FTP games coming to ps4 in 2014. And most will probably get those shooters/3rd party games. Make no mistake, its would have been better if this game comes out polished and on schedule.

nib95

Banned
So you are saying you are hypothetically bummed out? :p

Yes, because I have a sneaky suspicion this is true. Especially if Mortimer has heard similar murmurs. If it's not, I will rejoice multiple times lol.

If they do PS+ version free at launch, but retail full version in Dec or early 2014, I'd be happy with that.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
serious question... Are those guys worried this game ain't gonna make this year buying the retail version of this game day 1? Because the only thing I would hate if this game is delayed is that I will get 1 less ps+ game at launch date that's about it, but its still coming, and as a better product. I doubt this will have that much impact at all. Especially if you consider the numeruos FTP games coming to ps4 in 2014.

They're likely going to put in something else for PS+. Knack seems the most obvious candidate.

USC-fan

Banned
Yes, because I have a sneaky suspicion this is true. Especially if Mortimer has heard similar murmurs. If it's not, I will rejoice multiple times lol.

If they do PS+ version free at launch, but retail full version in Dec or early 2014, I'd be happy with that.

I would rather have another ps+ game like knack. That would be awesome. Then get ps+ DC whenever its ready.

People need to raise hell so sony has to give us another PS+ game!

Amir0x

Banned
If Knack is made free, my launch just got super cheap.

The games I was considering before -> Watch Dogs, Knack, Killzone, Driveclub

just go switched to Knack, Killzone

If they gave Knack free on PS+, I'd only have to pay for Killzone. My wallet would be thankful lol

although I am probably going to pick up ACIV on PS4 now...

I agree with this, especially Puppeteer. Instead of being buried on PS3 it would have been a creative standout for a hungry audience of early adopters. GT6 and Beyond could go either way, I'm sure they're still quite keen to get the most out of that install base while they still can, but leaning too heavily in that direction may end up haunting them if a lackluster (and diminishing) launch window starts convincing people they don't really need a PS4 anytime soon.

This is why Sony were idiots to put so many games on PS3 with the PS4 launching.

They keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Especially Beyond! Launching a PS3 title like that with a friggin month left to go till PS4? Idiotic!

The VERY LEAST Sony should have done, is made those titles cross-platform.

UNCMark

Banned

Mortimer shot this down as well.

Vire

Say Sony does give Knack as a freebie for PS+ now.

Does that mean when Drive Club comes out in March it'll be full physical/digital release only with no PS+?

Sony has a lot of decisions to make if this delay is true.

blaq

Neo Member
They're likely going to put in something else for PS+. Knack seems the most obvious candidate.

I don't see them offering Knack for free with PS+. The reason they could do it with Driveclub is that they had created a separate, slimmed down version for PS+. There is no chance they have time to do that with any other game at this point.

Eusis

I think the best hope for Driveclub staying the Plus game is if they're going to play up the "Early Access" angle so the game actively gets updated and finetuned until official release. And I have a feeling that could kind of piss off retailers so they'd probably not do it.

Tsundere

Banned
Mortimer shot this down as well.

He's shooting it down based on his source, but cannot confirm it or deny it himself since he's betting on his source being correct.

I wouldn't be surprised if they give Knack instead, but offer the E3 demo free to PS+ also.

Amir0x

Banned

Does that mean when Drive Club comes out in March it'll be full physical/digital release only with no PS+?

I would think not... after all, they're still going to need to supply free games at a relatively consistent clip and whenever DriveClub comes out the PS4 library will still be too young to have many games to offer on the service. A PS+ edition would still be a good way to offer some free content while getting potential customers to play it.

Vire

I doubt The Order and Uncharted 4 will make it for this year. If they do...hot damn. It will be a sight to see.

The Order was already confirmed for 2014. (Whether or not it gets delayed is another matter).

Uncharted is most assuredly going to be announced at the VGA's this year.

OH and why the hell is there no word from Sony on this? IF they rare going to delay it than just say so already!

They need to confirm or deny this one way or the other. Letting the story build like this is just a bad idea,

I will say one thing though: If they do delay this game it BETTER FRIGGIN be 60 FPS by the time it comes out.

So, Sony is looking for another PS+ replacement? Knack? I'd be down with that as I was on the fence about it - want it, but not at retail. Echo's the OG days of console mascots, too.

Tsundere

Banned

I think they'll give out a PS+ version regardless, a lot of people will purchase the full upgrade anyway, and non-PS+ members may buy the full game as well.

frizby

If it's as good as Most Wanted was at the beginning of last gen, I'm in!

I think Rivals looks damn good. I get a little bit of a Burnout Paradise vibe from it. It might not be graphically stunning, but it looks fun.

Isn't it also the one where the developers said one of the console versions might look better than the other?

DogMeat77

This is why Sony were idiots to put so many games on PS4 with the PS4 launching.

They keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Especially Beyond! Launching a PS3 title like that with a friggin month left to go till PS4? Idiotic!

The VERY LEAST Sony should have done, is made those titles cross-platform.

Not really... It makes great business sense to release software to a huge install base.

Eusis

If they had just stuck to doing a next gen Motorstorm like they SHOULD'VE done, we may not be in this situation.
I wouldn't be very optimistic there, hitting launch is ALWAYS problematic because hardware and software are still in flux and you don't exactly have this hardware done 3 years in advance. It's why the posts that they should've had whatever game done at launch come off as grossly ignorant.

I think this delay, if true, is a good thing. It's better to spend more time on a game and blow everyone away, than to release a game just for the sake of being a launch title. DriveClub has been getting mixed reactions for a while now, so I honestly didn't see it doing that well this year. The game looks pretty damn good in the latest video, so I bet it will look even better if the delay happens and more time is given to the developers to polish it up. Plus, releasing it at a time when there are no other racing games being released would be a better option too.

What should Sony do now? I think they should market the crap out of Killzone, since that seems like it is the killer launch title. For PS+, I think they should just use Knack, since I don't see that game selling well at all, in my opinion.

If they had just stuck to doing a next gen Motorstorm like they SHOULD'VE done, we may not be in this situation.

THIS!

I don't understand why the hell they did this game when Sony already had the GT series?

Oh and I don't get why the delay is so supposedly so long. Couldn't they just delay it a month or two and launch it in December or January? That wouldn't be so bad!

Amir0x

Banned
Of Sony's 2014 games, the one I want most is RIME. After that it'd be The ORDER and inFAMOUS and MLB.

Sony has more big games than that coming out in 2014, and I'm not talking about Uncharted either (ugh, please don't make this the next ND game...), so I'm not concerned whatsoever about that year.

Actually with DriveClub also in 2014 that year is going to be pretty packed for Sony. I imagine the problem will be which games to give attention to in what month, alongside the crazy shit that'll be announced at GDC and E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom