• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This isn't a relationship right.

Can GAF help me understand how people think shit like this is normal or OK? You gonna go physically bother someone because they not returning calls and you don't even know them? What's going on in a person's head to think this dumb shit?

What is this, "he won't leave me alone" stuff? Have you told him to fuck off?

Seriously. Grow a spine if you don't want to be bothered. I've told friends flat out: don't just show up at my crib. Call first and see if I feel like being bothered.

Well I'm kinda tired dealing with his bullshit about women, muslims, abortions, national service to get homeless people off the street because he doesn't like to look at them, etc, that I thought I might be misreading him a tad.

Pick better friends then. The problem is you not doing so.

Beartruck

Had a friend like this myself. You really need to just distance yourself and back away. They are emotional vampires and only care that they feel good. Other people's thoughts do not play into the equation, and thats assuming they are even capable of realizing that other people have thoughts.

You need to be Michael Scott here:

giphy.gif

Can GAF help me understand how people think shit like this is normal or OK? You gonna go physically bother someone because they not returning calls and you don't even know them? What's going on in a person's head to think this dumb shit?

The people on Reddit and Youtube said to do it.

Im intrigued by this Gay stuff.

So you think he is closeted Gay but basically harrassing a woman?

I do, but he wouldn't admit it. I've never known anyone to talk about gay people or gay sex so often, describe gay sexual acts in lurid detail, and then say he was only messing or say 'THATS WHAT THE QUEERS LIKE NOT ME' like him. As to how this relates to his harassing this woman, I don't know.

jabuseika

Undiagnosed mental illness.

I had a room mate that was like this. He would stalk a girl's social media. And when they didn't return his call and or messages, he would show up to the places where these girls said they were going to be at in social media. He got more than one restraining order. But that didn't stop him, he would move on to his next target. The other roommates and me eventually talked to his parents, and they admitted he was diagnosed with something early on, they didn't want to say what, and they never told him because they wanted him to grow up normal. Well, after that conversation we kicked him out as fast as we could.

To the OP, I wouldn't antagonize a person like that. You don't want to make yourself a target. And I would slowly distance myself. But the important part is to always maintain that what he's doing is not right. Never agree to work with him, or agree that any small part of what he's doing is ok. He will latch on to any minor detail and will bring you up as agreeing with him, as his justification for doing things.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That's a whole lotta work for a girl that's responded twice. Dude ain't right, man.

Dude, girl responded twice. You're basically fucking already!

Honestly, the fact he is stalking the girl, you need to give a heads up to the girl, parents, or cops. The boy needs help

Frustration and poor emotional intelligence.

Johndoey

Banned
So he's a stalking a lady, and you're not so much friends as he's forced himself into your life and won't leave?

Bruh. Dude is a serial harasser who's just been getting away with it throughout life.

Cyframe

The dude has issues, is unstable and liable to eventually hurt someone. In the states I know you have someone involuntarily committed with a 302 and this dude needs it.

Normally I'd be against this type of action. But, he's in crisis and quite frankly dangerous.

butzopower

proud of his butz
I do, but he wouldn't admit it. I've never known anyone to talk about gay people or gay sex so often, describe gay sexual acts in lurid detail, and then say he was only messing or say 'THATS WHAT THE QUEERS LIKE NOT ME' like him. As to how this relates to his harassing this woman, I don't know.

I feel like a guy who travels for 3 hours across the country on the 0.01% of getting laid is probably just down to have any sort of sex.

Jasup

And if you want the truth I don't give a shit what he does to me at this point as I'm too tired to give a fuck

OP now that the issue with your "friend" is being handled by his parents I'm rather more concerned about you.

What you wrote is very worrying. You're using language of a demoralized abuse victim here and I fear it might take a huge toll on your life. Please, if there is someone you could talk to I encourage you to talk about it and seek a proper way out of your situation.

I feel like a guy who travels for 3 hours across the country on the 0.01% of getting laid is probably just down to have any sort of sex.

I think he's just a dangerous weirdo. I'm glad I called his parents though, cos that woman didn't deserve having to interact with him.

OP now that the issue with your "friend" is being handled by his parents I'm rather more concerned about you.

What you wrote is very worrying. You're using language of a demoralized abuse victim here and I fear it might take a huge toll on your life. Please, if there is someone you could talk to I encourage you to talk about it and seek a proper way out of your situation.

I mean I blocked him? He has just drained all my physical and emotional energy, and does so on a daily basis, and over the 8 years I've never convinced him that any of his mad ideas are wrong, and he's just like that.

Jasup

I mean I blocked him? He has just drained all my physical and emotional energy, and does so on a daily basis, and over the 8 years I've never convinced him that any of his mad ideas are wrong, and he's just like that.
Yes, I know that but as you said this isn't the first time you've done that

Yes, I've blocked him before. He's made multiple other FB accounts to slag me off in various groups, spread rumours about me, insult my weight, etc.

I told him to stop! He's 24! What am I supposed to do?
Did he basically just abuse himself back into your life?

And when you say that he has drained all your physical and emotional energy, simply blocking him on social media isn't going to cut it. As you've said before, he can just come knocking on your door. You need to have him really cut out of your life, in a way you don't need to be constantly on your toes.

To be blunt I really fear you are a victim of psychological abuse, it is nothing to be ashamed of, it can happen to anyone. I urge you to seek help.

Yes, I know that but as you said this isn't the first time you've done that

Did he basically just abuse himself back into your life?

And when you say that he has drained all your physical and emotional energy, simply blocking him on social media isn't going to cut it. As you've said before, he can just come knocking on your door. You need to have him really cut out of your life, in a way you don't need to be constantly on your toes.

To be blunt I really fear you are a victim of psychological abuse, it is nothing to be ashamed of, it can happen to anyone. I urge you to seek help.

I don't know how to do that? Short of a restraining order or whatever the equivalent is here.

jabuseika

You'll never prove to him that he's wrong. If he's the type to latch onto any little thing to justify his behavior.

Really sorry to hear it's been going on for so long. Put your emotional well being first please.

Astral Dog

God, the shit women have to deal with
Unfortunately not only soman have to deal with this guy, op and Gay dudes have been attcked, probably lots lf Black guys too
I see, thanks for responding. He sounds really bad.

This is an opportunity, tell him head on its over and you will grow. He doesn't get any minute more of your time.if he keeps insisting try any authority that could help sto and remember he doesn't have to be your friend. You gave him a fair (many) chances

Well he's made a facebook group about me before because I was having some serious self harm problems and made the error of telling him, hopefully his parents will let him know its not ok to do that sort of thing to this girl especially.

Jasup

I don't know how to do that? Short of a restraining order or whatever the equivalent is here.

I understand.

Ireland, right? Maybe you could start by contacting crime victims helpline. Tell them about your situation and the things you've told about here, maybe they could be able to help you find solutions. You don't need to tell who you are, you don't need to report a crime, but you could ask what to do.

https://crimevictimshelpline.ie/

Top Bottom