• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall ARG / Puzzle Marketing Campaign - DetectiveGAF required

BraXzy

Damn I want that art book so bad haha!

Do we know which tiers have been rewarded so far? EDIT: Updated

Digitally signed artworks (unlimited) ✔, 100 x signed comics ✔, 16 x Xbox items ✔

This one has. Me and a few others got the signed comic books. The items = Controller + DR3 Decal. And obviously the signed digital artwork is there readily to claim.

48 x game artworks ✔, 10,000 codes for in game extras ✔.

The codes again, readily available online unless 10K have now been claimed, haven't checked. This must be the Ryse artbooks.

1 x Xbox console bundle, 14 x Xbox items.

This one hasn't yet been claimed from the sounds of it. The 14x Xbox items may be the Titanfall controller, maybe it's a copy of the game or something else entirely.

Here's a tease from me :D

2nmvsOn.jpg

blazeuk

16 Xbox items must have been the Xbox One controllers with the DR3 sticker and 48 game artworks were the Ryse art books (since the game codes were for a Ryse shield). We're just waiting on the Titanfall prizes now.

StillEdge

Damn I want that art book so bad haha!

Do we know which tiers have been rewarded so far? EDIT: Updated

Digitally signed artworks (unlimited) ✔, 100 x signed comics ✔, 16 x Xbox items ✔

This one has. Me and a few others got the signed comic books. The items = Controller + DR3 Decal. And obviously the signed digital artwork is there readily to claim.

48 x game artworks ✔, 10,000 codes for in game extras ✔.

The codes again, readily available online unless 10K have now been claimed, haven't checked. This must be the Ryse artbooks.

1 x Xbox console bundle, 14 x Xbox items.

This one hasn't yet been claimed from the sounds of it. The 14x Xbox items may be the Titanfall controller, maybe it's a copy of the game or something else entirely.

Here's a tease from me :D

So jealous, can't wait to see the whole haul! Girlfriend ordered me a Titanfall controller the other day it should be here Monday. I was invited to some Titanfall event last week it was awesome got to play the game for three hours, and then they hooked us all up with the game when it releases. I am REALLY hoping that the 14 items from Titanfall is going to be the collector's edition of the game.

MisterBo

Neo Member
So jealous, can't wait to see the whole haul! Girlfriend ordered me a Titanfall controller the other day it should be here Monday. I was invited to some Titanfall event last week it was awesome got to play the game for three hours, and then they hooked us all up with the game when it releases. I am REALLY hoping that the 14 items from Titanfall is going to be the collector's edition of the game.

Could you imagine if it was the CE of titanfall :O . So i guess we will be receiving a tianfall controller then ?

BraXzy

Could you imagine if it was the CE of titanfall :O . So i guess we will be receiving a tianfall controller then ?

That would be pretty damn insane. Which site/code was it that was for the titanfall? The actual stanby one? I got in on that and was surprised to find it had such a small pool of winners.

Danny 117

Got the Ryse artbook, which is pretty damn awesome, and the Dead Rising 3 comic so far. A controller would be amazing. Was able to get in on all pages and enter the codes so who knows :p

XiOB

Neo Member
Picked up my package this morning and it was the Controller with the DR3 sticker and the Ryse book. Best thing about it? The smell of the Ryse book. Mmm

BraXzy

ohhhh nice... what was in the BOX..?

I got a couple emails confirming a date and time, I was told a driver would pick me up. I got in the vehicle and the only clue I had as to where we were going or what I was going to be doing was an envelope with this inside.

The map is pretty sefl explanatory but the van was interesting because I was thinking oh crap do I need to break into it? Or drive it? But they'd need to check for a license or something.. Bear in mind we were driving around my local area and the driver was giving nothing away. I literally had no clue my mind was racing.

Get to the location which is pretty close, an old run down mill across a bridge. We get to the point I guessed was the star on the map and then I had to get out. Vehicle drives off. No one around, not a clue if I should wait for someone. I followed the map to where the van was round the side.. looking around trying to find someone. The camera I look at is a guy on a hill but he looked like a bird watcher to me xD

I get to the van, again no one around so I walk around it, no one in it. I'm thinking should I wait? Do I open it? So I open the back and the box is there locked up. Inside the envelope is a card with EABF on it. Straight away I'm like ah ok numbers for the combination. Count on my fingers to double check :D

I open it and am just shocked and in awe at what's in there. There's an Xbox One, three games and a Day One controller + XBL box all set in the foam.

Then the production team start to appear out of the bushes and from behind the outhouses and stuff. It was so strange. Then they say congratulations and such and start pointing out all the GoPro camera's I missed! I only spotted one, but I do have pretty crap eyesight! Shot a little interview but I'm not sure if they will use it who knows. They were all really friendly and it was an awesome, surreal experience. I didn't even think to take photos till later on as things were wrapping up.

The Titanfall controller was hidden under the foam! Feel free to ask me questions about it, I've probably forgotten to mention something. Oh and sorry again to the team for dragging you up to Manchester from London!

XiOB

Neo Member
That case, and it's contents are really nice! Congrats! At least the puzzle wasn't too hard. That might have gotten awkward. I wonder if they'll do something similar for the Titanfall Xbox?

BraXzy

That case, and it's contents are really nice! Congrats! At least the puzzle wasn't too hard. That might have gotten awkward. I wonder if they'll do something similar for the Titanfall Xbox?

That's what I was worried about in the lead up to the day. Nothing worse than looking like an idiot on camera haha! Funnily enough when speaking to the team they were worried about that too so made sure if wasn't something ridiculous. It was interesting chatting about their process though. Once Microsoft comissioned it with an ad agency they were hired to do it and they came up with all the online puzzles and the ad glitches etc.. and then of course this final thing. At one point it was going to be co-ordinates + shovels = go find it and dig but they thought it might get hectic/violent xD

It's also interesting hearing how many cool things they came up with but were a bit dangerous and health and safety said big no no hehe.

As far as the other xbox bundles, I believe they will just be delivered? From the sounds of it this was a one off production.

StillEdge

That's what I was worried about in the lead up to the day. Nothing worse than looking like an idiot on camera haha! Funnily enough when speaking to the team they were worried about that too so made sure if wasn't something ridiculous. It was interesting chatting about their process though. Once Microsoft comissioned it with an ad agency they were hired to do it and they came up with all the online puzzles and the ad glitches etc.. and then of course this final thing. At one point it was going to be co-ordinates + shovels = go find it and dig but they thought it might get hectic/violent xD

It's also interesting hearing how many cool things they came up with but were a bit dangerous and health and safety said big no no hehe.

As far as the other xbox bundles, I believe they will just be delivered? From the sounds of it this was a one off production.

That's crazy. I kind of feel bad that I ruined all the work they put in. I imagine nobody knows where the original "glitch" sites come from other than the Titanfall one. Like I wonder where the Dead Rising/Ryse/Mystery final prize site all started.
Reddit users first spotted the update, which aired in the UK last night. The advert now includes flashes of binary code when translated lead to the following website: gl16790101.com.
I wonder how the others were hidden.

MisterBo

Neo Member
Im still wondering what we get from the titanfall page, if it was a controller we would have gotten it with the other prizes wouldn't we ?

XiOB

Neo Member
Im still wondering what we get from the titanfall page, if it was a controller we would have gotten it with the other prizes wouldn't we ?

Best guess at this point is a copy of Titanfall. Would explain the delay I suppose. There's not much else it could be really.

XiOB

Neo Member
So, i got a a little delivery from the UPS guy this evening. An Xbox One console. Now I am really confused.

BraXzy

So, i got a a little delivery from the UPS guy this evening. An Xbox One console. Now I am really confused.

Nice! Congrats... you'll have won the second to last prize tier I guess? With the 1x Xbox Console and the 16x Xbox items.

XiOB

Neo Member
Nice! Congrats... you'll have won the second to last prize tier I guess? With the 1x Xbox Console and the 16x Xbox items.

Yeah, I'm guessing it was the Titanfall one as I have a Ryse and DR3 prize. I found the Titanfall one maybe at most 2 minutes before it was posted. They never emailed me or anything to confirm, they just sent it. Even with my name spelled Andreis instead of Andrew lol

StillEdge

BlazeUK was the first person to enter in the Titanfall one so I would assume he is winning the Xbox console from it, but with the grand prize you won had two prizes. Maybe that is where this one came from.
Xbox console bundle. There are two prizes in this pool.
Edit: Or maybe not.

blazeuk

Congrats! I'm curious as to what the other prizes will be, Titanfall game is possible although I'm secretly hoping if it is we'll get it early enough for me to cancel my preorder for it! (if I've actually won anything that is). Looking at the main prize, I suppose it might make sense for it to be the Titanfall controller.

XiOB

Neo Member
I thought the prize pool with the 2 Xboxs was the last one that closed really fast? I never actually entered that one myself.

Danny 117

It seems like XiOB won the Xbox for the Titanfall path and Danny 117 for the main prize path. Just waiting on the 14 Titanfall prizes now.

Yeah it seems to be the case.

I wonder what the 14 Titanfall items are? I'd say copies of the CE or just the base game.

I got a couple emails confirming a date and time, I was told a driver would pick me up. I got in the vehicle and the only clue I had as to where we were going or what I was going to be doing was an envelope with this inside.

The map is pretty sefl explanatory but the van was interesting because I was thinking oh crap do I need to break into it? Or drive it? But they'd need to check for a license or something.. Bear in mind we were driving around my local area and the driver was giving nothing away. I literally had no clue my mind was racing.

Get to the location which is pretty close, an old run down mill across a bridge. We get to the point I guessed was the star on the map and then I had to get out. Vehicle drives off. No one around, not a clue if I should wait for someone. I followed the map to where the van was round the side.. looking around trying to find someone. The camera I look at is a guy on a hill but he looked like a bird watcher to me xD

I get to the van, again no one around so I walk around it, no one in it. I'm thinking should I wait? Do I open it? So I open the back and the box is there locked up. Inside the envelope is a card with EABF on it. Straight away I'm like ah ok numbers for the combination. Count on my fingers to double check :D

I open it and am just shocked and in awe at what's in there. There's an Xbox One, three games and a Day One controller + XBL box all set in the foam.

Then the production team start to appear out of the bushes and from behind the outhouses and stuff. It was so strange. Then they say congratulations and such and start pointing out all the GoPro camera's I missed! I only spotted one, but I do have pretty crap eyesight! Shot a little interview but I'm not sure if they will use it who knows. They were all really friendly and it was an awesome, surreal experience. I didn't even think to take photos till later on as things were wrapping up.

The Titanfall controller was hidden under the foam! Feel free to ask me questions about it, I've probably forgotten to mention something. Oh and sorry again to the team for dragging you up to Manchester from London!

I'm almost completely certain I know the girl in that photo.

blazeuk

Yeah it seems to be the case.

I wonder what the 14 Titanfall items are? I'd say copies of the CE or just the base game.

Nothing official Titanfall related has been released so far which would explain why those haven't gone out yet, so maybe either the base game or the controller. I'd genuinely be shocked if it was the CE, can't see that one happening.

MisterBo

Neo Member
Nothing official Titanfall related has been released so far which would explain why those haven't gone out yet, so maybe either the base game or the controller. I'd genuinely be shocked if it was the CE, can't see that one happening.

yeah, its looking likely to be the game as they would be able to send out the controller already. Unless they are just slow with delivering it.

XiOB

Neo Member
It's the first I've heard about the Titanfall CE, I'm in shock again :L

Trip to the U.S too? That's pretty awesome! Congrats.

Has anyone got any of the 14 Titanfall path Xbox items? Still interested to what they actually were.

Edit: For some reason I didn't acknowledge the above few comments on the Titanfall path prizes, eurgh.

BraXzy

If they fly you out to an event in Los Angeles see if you can get a plus one I am an hour away! haha

Sorry buddy my girlfriend has already shotgun'd the entire holiday :D

Grats Danny, I guessed that you would get it in the post! I almost guarantee that the 14 items are CE editions of the game, I hope for you guys who got in for it anyway :)

MisterBo

Neo Member

Grats Danny, I guessed that you would get it in the post! I almost guarantee that the 14 items are CE editions of the game, I hope for you guys who got in for it anyway :)

I would be so amazed if we got the CE :D

I doubt the 14 remaining prizes are CE editions. Most likely will be a regular retail version of the game I reckon.

It will arrive two days before official launch and Microsoft will console ban everyone for playing it :)

Danny 117

Thanks, was pretty shocked when it arrived. I don't know what pathway won me the Xbox though.

Top Bottom