• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall ARG / Puzzle Marketing Campaign - DetectiveGAF required

XiOB

Neo Member
In the T&C it says there are 4 prize pools, makes sense as there are 4 puzzles. A certain prize pool for each code. The way the last code has worked out I think this MIGHT be the prize pool that only has the 2 Xbox One bundles in it. This would explain why most of us have got the "Already been cracked page."

blazeuk

I'm thinking the lost time page answer was what had already been posted which was the missing letter. It's a bit of a rubbish ending if it is though, all the others took time to figure out and if the main prize was just quickly going through every letter of the alphabet until one worked it wasn't thought through very well.

MisterBo

Neo Member
I'm thinking the lost time page answer was what had already been posted which was the missing letter. It's a bit of a rubbish ending if it is though, all the others took time to figure out and if the main prize was just quickly going through every letter of the alphabet until one worked it wasn't thought through very well.

Agreed, did the final password even mean anything or was it just random numbers and letters.

Nuborn

Well lets see if anything else happens now that i'm posting the remaining codes.

DR3: http://10516318did05.com/ Passcode: fleshx

RYSE: http://1251910107435061132.com/ Passcode: Here And Now

BraXzy

the lost in time page gave us the image properties telling us to find the missing letter
that page is used now

its all over

Ohh yeah. It isn't a page to go passed, it was just the final piece. It's a bit odd that all you needed was the advert and guess work.

Whatever happens, it was a fun little exercise and I am even more hyped for the game! :D

Danny 117

yeah maybe that will get us some sort of email confirming that we have entered?

The Terms and Conditions state that winners will be notified from February 1st.
Attempts to contact such winner(s) will begin on 01.02.14 using the details provided when requested at the end of the journey

Also, interestingly it says

Potential winners will be determined by the first person or persons to decipher and complete the hidden tasks that form the consumer journey paths which have been created for entrants to progress through

ie, first come first served. Whatever the last page was, it was a very limited prize.

Winners of certain journey paths may be required to travel within the United Kingdom, no more than 50 miles from the address they provide, in order to complete a final puzzle and claim the prize. Microsoft will provide the transport.

blazeuk

considering the lost in time site says "Passcode required to progress" there is gonna be another stage in this thing, whether it be online or on location.

That just looked like a page to get more information from (the image), I doubt there's anything more to it, it was just providing the information needed for the final passcode.

blazeuk

Maybe they're allowing a few entries per day and then they're going to gather a group of people in the UK and have them duel it out for an Xbox One.

XiOB

Neo Member
So between 1am and 2am every night they are going to allow entries and put all the winners in a Hunger Games for an Xbox One?

blazeuk

My trusty spoon hasn't failed me in a duel before, it won't fail me now.

You stand no chance against the mighty pot lid.

The whole thing was good fun though, disappointing it seems to have ended with a guessing game rather than another puzzle, but it was a good waste of a few hours, there should definitely be more of these competitions.

Nuborn

If its over now then it has been fun, but keep a subscription on the thread and post when you get contacted guys, we might need to help the winners in the final puzzle.

Still having thoughts that there is still one more part yet to be played.

MisterBo

Neo Member
If its over now then it has been fun, but keep a subscription on the thread and post when you get contacted guys, we might need to help the winners in the final puzzle.

Still having thoughts that there is still one more part yet to be played.

Its been fun, and not many people really knew about it which was cool, Hopefully there is more to come.

BraXzy

You stand no chance against the mighty pot lid.

The whole thing was good fun though, disappointing it seems to have ended with a guessing game rather than another puzzle, but it was a good waste of a few hours, there should definitely be more of these competitions.

Based on the T&C's, this wasn't a big collective case to crack as such. There were 4 'consumer journey path's' one was the Dead Rising one, which I believe is the one still possible to fill out? I'm assuming that is this prize pool: Digitally signed artworks (unlimited), 100 x signed comics, 16 x Xbox items

Then there was the Titanfall one which I believe has stopped taking entries which I guess is the 48 x game artworks, 10,000 codes for in game extras. So that one has had 10,000 entries.

Then there was the Ryse one which took a bit longer, is this still doable? It was probably this pool: 1 x Xbox console bundle, 14 x Xbox items. But then again, surely more than 15 people worked that out before it got shut down? Either way it sounds like someone won a console and the rest of us might get a game or add on or something?

Then finally was the guess a letter game which I may have submitted successfully which has this prize pool: Xbox console bundle. There are two prizes in this pool.

So either way there were some pretty cool prizes and everyone will at the very least get a signed digital artwork. This is guess work though they might not be in that order.

MisterBo

Neo Member
A pot lid is unheard of. You have no such thing.

Based on the T&C's, this wasn't a big collective case to crack as such. There were 4 'consumer journey path's' one was the Dead Rising one, which I believe is the one still possible to fill out? I'm assuming that is this prize pool: Digitally signed artworks (unlimited), 100 x signed comics, 16 x Xbox items

Then there was the Titanfall one which I believe has stopped taking entries which I guess is the 48 x game artworks, 10,000 codes for in game extras. So that one has had 10,000 entries.

Then there was the Ryse one which took a bit longer, is this still doable? It was probably this pool: 1 x Xbox console bundle, 14 x Xbox items. But then again, surely more than 15 people worked that out before it got shut down? Either way it sounds like someone won a console and the rest of us might get a game or add on or something?

Then finally was the guess a letter game which I may have submitted successfully which has this prize pool: Xbox console bundle. There are two prizes in this pool.

So either way there were some pretty cool prizes and everyone will at the very least get a signed digital artwork. This is guess work though they might not be in that order.

Congrats if you get yourself an Xbox One :D

blazeuk

The 2 main prize bundles would probably make sense to be an Xbox One and the Titanfall CE. Really interested in finding out what the puzzle is for that one too since it involves travel.

XiOB

Neo Member
Hmm maybe the the two winners in the Xbox One password page will each get a location of a key and both have to meet to unlock the briefcase ? LOL

It does say you might have to travel 50 miles from your location to unlock a final puzzle. Looks like it might be a IRL treasure hunt for an Xbox, lol.

blazeuk

No doubt there'll be another puzzle IRL since that's what it said in the terms, I'm not convinced it'll be at all difficult though otherwise they'd potentially end up with no winners. It does look like they intend on catching it all on camera though (for online and probably another advert or something).

BraXzy

So there is unique stuff on the DR3/RYSE pages, guessing the DR3 stuff is the artwork then.

Yeah so I was almost right hehe. I hope they do another one, or a different company does one. I love ARG's.

A destiny ARG by Bungie would be epic.

BraXzy

Oooo What did it say?? and have you guys got any reward on the titanfall page ?

It basically is to confirm my contact details and then ends with 'I'll be in touch.' so now I'm scared :D

By the way, http://10516318did05.com/ now features the signed digital artwork. Dead Rising 3 art to be specific.

So that means:

DR3: http://10516318did05.com/ - Signed digital artwork (Unlimited) + 100 signed comics + 16 x xbox items

RYSE: http://1251910107435061132.com/ -48 x game artworks, 10,000 codes for in game extras. (In-Game Ryse Shield)

http://x120855144.com/ - Xbox console bundle. There are two prizes in this pool.

TITANFALL?: http://81131315141815215209319.com/ - 1 x Xbox console bundle, 14 x Xbox items.

But then.. wouldn't that mean that the bottom one was the Titanfall page, and that was the first found was it not? It seemed like a lot of people submitted for that when only 15 prizes were available?

Top Bottom