• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall ARG / Puzzle Marketing Campaign - DetectiveGAF required

BraXzy

So that was an experience. I got my prize and then some, it was a hell of a lot of fun. Won't say anymore till they release whatever video they end up making out of it. So so cool though.

StillEdge

So that was an experience. I got my prize and then some, it was a hell of a lot of fun. Won't say anymore till they release whatever video they end up making out of it. So so cool though.

Did they give you an ETA on that video?? I am really excited to see it for some reason.

I just got an Xbox ONE controller and a DR3 decal in the door.

Presumably it's for doing the ARG? No paperwork came with it.

Anyway, this is brilliant as I was going to be buying one this week. :D

Luckyg

Neo Member
I just got an Xbox ONE controller and a DR3 decal in the door.

Presumably it's for doing the ARG? No paperwork came with it.

Anyway, this is brilliant as I was going to be buying one this week. :D

Same here! I literally had no idea why I had been sent one (completely forgot about this ARG) until I did some googling around on the company stamp on the packaging and found out they were an advertising company who have worked with microsoft.

I got the controller and DR3 decal too!

Had no email to tell me I had won.

I don't even have an Xbox One yet.

*edit*

Thanks to the people that were posting the solutions btw
All those puzzles went way over my head.

I got an Xbox One controller with a Dead Rising 3 decal too.
I was actually pretty pissed because I thought my order for Lightning Returns was messed up (I am expecting it today). The I remembered, "OH YEAH, I was doing this riddle thing with you guys".
This is pretty awesome. :D

Was it just a normal xbox one controller ?
vvvv
Yup, normal controller with a DR3 sticker for it. Was that the prize for the Titanfall answer I posted?
Nope. Dead Rising 3
It might be, but maybe its connected to the DR3 page ?
I only entered for Dead Rising 3. Got a Dead Rising 3 controller out of it. No idea what the other prizes are. The other guys haven't posted yet.

StillEdge

Wish I would have waited before typing in that code. I would have loved the signed comic instead. Just paid £24.51 to get the controller shipped to me in the United States.

StillEdge

Signed comic ?

Xbox console bundle. There are two prizes in this pool.

1 x Xbox console bundle, 14 x Xbox items. (Titanfall Prizes)

Digitally signed artworks (unlimited), 100 x signed comics, 16 x Xbox items (Dead Rising prizes)

48 x game artworks, 10,000 codes for in game extras. (Ryse Prizes)

If I would have waited for 16 people to claim the controller I could have gotten the comic.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot all about this.

Signed comic ?

I got this in the post this morning.

Raxmr9d.jpg

HK74Aof.jpg

4K6ZxQD.jpg

I forgot all about this.

I got this in the post this morning.

Oh shit, that's awesome dude. I like the custom decal skins and a free £50 controller but that comic is pretty damn cool. Again, if you ever meet Tieri you could just get it signed and make it number #101. Still though, nice.

I also got this in the post today. Pretty damn cool. Who has signed it I can't tell?

Looks like Tieri

I'm glad I didn't bother with Ryse because that competition had some pretty meh prizes. I wonder who got the Titanfall bundle?

MisterBo

Neo Member
1x Xbox Console Bundle , 14x Xbox items, MrBo is the only person who has got an email that we know of apart from you so he must have won the bundle.

Well I just got an email to confirm my address, however I haven't received anything yet. And do we know if you are able to win two prizes? for instance dr3 and tianfall ? cos I'm sure most people here entered in the codes on more than one page.

blazeuk

Well I just got an email to confirm my address, however I haven't received anything yet. And do we know if you are able to win two prizes? for instance dr3 and tianfall ? cos I'm sure most people here entered in the codes on more than one page.

That's what I'm wondering, maybe somewhat greedy but if the Titanfall prizes are the main ones and it's 1 prize per person it does seem like the winners were picked entirely at random since I've got a DR3 prize when I'm guessing I put the answer in before anyone here since I posted the answer. I never heard any from them though.

StillEdge

Physical prizes will either require the winner to travel and complete a final puzzle to claim their prize(s), as described above or will be delivered within 20 working days from the day that an email response confirming delivery details is received by the winner(s), in accordance with the above, unless otherwise specified. The Promoter is not responsible for any delays in the postal service.

BraXzy was the one to go and claim the final puzzle. You got an email, and none of us got one for the Dead Rising prizes.

There is a maximum of one prize for each consumer journey path per person.
This sounds like each person is allowed one prize from each of the four journeys.

Doug 117

Neo Member
Today I received a leather bound Ryse art book (apparently only 200 exist) and a signed Dead Rising 3 comic. I had no emails or contact prior to their arrival to let me know I had won, they just showed up.

StillEdge

Today I received a leather bound Ryse art book (apparently only 200 exist) and a signed Dead Rising 3 comic. I had no emails or contact prior to their arrival to let me know I had won, they just showed up.

The book defies the prize pool. Throw some pics up sounds awesome.

eBay Found some more info on it. Pretty jealous. If they are fulfilling these prizes by hand then I would expect some delay and not all of them arrive at the same time.

Doug 117

Neo Member
Wont the art book be what they mean by 48 x art works? It came in a larger version of the same envelope as the comic, with the same hand writing. Also they spelled my name wrong (Dough) and just scored it out beside the correct one lol.

KcZCBSs.jpg

Afs1J6g.jpg

XCxsr7o.jpg

oiOJXsu.jpg

The book defies the prize pool. Throw some pics up sounds awesome.

eBay Found some more info on it. Pretty jealous. If they are fulfilling these prizes by hand then I would expect some delay and not all of them arrive at the same time.

Oh damn, that's awesome. But ...may not ship the United Kingdom? Why?
1x Xbox Console Bundle , 14x Xbox items, MrBo is the only person who has got an email that we know of apart from you so he must have won the bundle.

I was expecting you to get a big prize.

How do I post pics here? Do they have to be uploaded to a webpage first?

Use Imgur

The Decal upclose
(I hate imgur at times)
YdirQtV.jpg

cdiH02W.jpg

Had to re-upload. Whoops.

BraXzy

I'm waiting for their video to release and then I'll post my pics of the prize and stuff :D

Ooh it'd be awesome to get that Ryse book. I don't think I was in quick enough.

MisterBo

Neo Member

Seeing as you got both the RYSE book and the DR3 comic, perhaps you are able to win from multiple prize pools.

XiOB

Neo Member
I missed the postman this morning so got one of those "Come collect it from us" cards through the door. Whatever it was is too big for my letter box. Exciting little pre-work trip for me tomorrow then.

MisterBo

Neo Member
I Got RYSE Book and the controller, I reckon no one will get the titanfall prize until maybe March, when titanfall comes out ?

XiOB

Neo Member
I Got RYSE Book and the controller, I reckon no one will get the titanfall prize until maybe March, when titanfall comes out ?

I'm guessing the Titanfall Xbox items are going to be Titanfall Controllers. They don't come out 'til March 11th

I'm hoping I get a Titanfall prize too, that's the one I most wanted whatever it may be. Titanfall controller would be awesome!

If I remember correctly the password for the site was "standby4titanfall" or something similar. Lots of people could have easily just guessed that so it might be harder to win a prize for it.

MisterBo

Neo Member
I'm hoping I get a Titanfall prize too, that's the one I most wanted whatever it may be. Titanfall controller would be awesome!

If I remember correctly the password for the site was "standby4titanfall" or something similar. Lots of people could have easily just guessed that so it might be harder to win a prize for it.

I hope its the controller, I've been trying to get one. And I think it was the first page to close so I guess that most of the people here got it.

I hope its the controller, I've been trying to get one. And I think it was the first page to close so I guess that most of the people here got it.

So did the sites close as soon as the max amount of possible winners had entered?

If that's the case then yeah we should get a prize!

MisterBo

Neo Member
So did the sites close as soon as the max amount of possible winners had entered?

If that's the case then yeah we should get a prize!

Yeah, they closed as soon as the max amount had been reached. Titanfall was first. and then DR3 and Ryse took awhile but closed like the next day.

Nuborn

This Ryse art book is beautiful. Wonder if us people that got in on the titanfall page will get copies of the game?

Top Bottom