• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - PlayStation 4 = ~60fps, Xbox One = ~30fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to weigh into this mess and while there are differences between the Xbox One and PS4 I dunno yet how to classify that disparity.

I will say that the PS3 was significantly worse off on multi-plats throughout the generation and not just a little bit. Skyrim was basically unplayable (developer in my opinion but still). Not to mention that there was a bunch of weird shit that the PS3 did that made it an inferior platform (load times, et al). In addition to getting HACKED and having PS+ down for 3 months... on a more expensive platform... et al.

The differences between the Xbox One and PS4 will be real but l do feel it's a bit overplayed. There are lot of folks who tolerated the PS3 and it's deficiencies for a generation as well and are perfectly happy human beings. I think a lot of folks who are crowing about the differences are THOSE SAME PEOPLE - and I suppose it's justified, a little inferiority complex for 10 years and all that. But in reality a lot of this stuff won't matter in the end as long as good games are being produced.

When was PSN down for 3 months? That's new to me, thought it was less than a month. Wow, must have been much longer than it seemed.............wait....

swcpig

Banned
Who can defend the XB1 on this?

Because 1080/30 is indefensible or something something Xbox hardware?

The Xbox has lesser hardware - its a fact. We all know it so what's your point exactly then? I have an Xbox and realize its got lesser graphical ability and recognize Ms screwed the pooch but still enjoy it. Weird eh? ;)

Its been awhile - but not really defending this right?

No, I remember the hack, I remember not being able to play online. But you said it was down for 3 months, and it wasn't even a full month. That was why I was asking you, WHEN WAS IT DOWN FOR 3 MONTHS? You are the one that said it, I didn't remember that at all . As someone said earlier in this thread, it was "24 days." not 3 months.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Camilla's boobies are too small to be Lara.

I know it has nothing to do with Lara's face model, but still... just saying.

I don't think they motion capture boobs.

And we should be glad that Crystal Dynamic is not just hiring a Lara model who will be rendered obsolete by the time the next game or two arrives, only to quickly be replaced. There are plenty of awesome cosplayers out there who did this version of Lara if that's what you want to see.

Camilla's voice was grating at times in this game, but not outright bad. It lacked the cool sophisticated tone of the original Lara, but this was an origin story essentially so it can slide.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Because 1080/30 is indefensible or something something Xbox hardware?

The Xbox has lesser hardware - its a fact. We all know it so what's your point exactly then? I have an Xbox and realize its got lesser graphical ability and recognize Ms screwed the pooch but still enjoy it. Weird eh? ;)

But it is a current gen port. XB1 is underpowered compared to PS4, but it should still be significantly more powerful than the 360, shouldn't it?

But it is a current gen port. XB1 is underpowered compared to PS4, but it should still be significantly more powerful than the 360, shouldn't it?

The 360/PS3 versions were 720P, often ran in the 20s, used reduced textures and effects, have very little aliasing, and so on. The PC version was very far ahead in terms of tech used, and it seems these versions have added additional things like the skin shaders although there's no tessellation. Isn't like they just slapped 1080P on top of it.

People have said the Xbox One development tools aren't fully up to speed at the moment right? Combined with the hardware advantage of the PS4 it doesn't seem to absurd.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
It is clear that this thread is no longer remotely related to the original discussion about the technical aspects of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom