• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One / PlayStation 4) - Jan 28 2014

ascii42

Why are there two playstation logos? One for Playstation and one for PS4? Does that mean it could be coming to PS3/Vita? :O

I think it's fairly standard to include the PlayStation logo along with whatever PlayStation platforms a game is coming out on. I wouldn't read anything into that.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
There is a joke about me buying the Definitive Edition on PC for $13 along with every single other Tomb Raider...

...but for someone (everyone) looking for anything to play on their new consoles, this is a good one.

Rafy

For those wondering, the Amazon description said :

"All the relesed DLC will be included in this fantastic edition for next gen consoles. Preorders of this edition will include an exclusive package with an integrated artbook."

Holy shit! thank god for preordering when it leaked on amazon.it.
the price then was 50.41 euro. Do you think they will honor the price?

S5qPPPR.png

Hagi

If it's just a GOTY for next gen then no thanks, i already played that version on PC and it wasn't that good.

I hope they remove multi-player trophies from this edition, because multiplayer will be even more dead this time around than it was on the first edition.

Replicant

Would only double-dip if it comes in a Steelbook with brand-new illustration (as opposed to the ones already used for the PS360 Steelbook).

Definitely not here for one of those "Game of the Year" cover with several "10/10", "Definite action game of the Year", and various other quotes and stickers.

sublimit

Banned
Adventures of Lara Croft now with next gen hair and all multiplayer DLC all in one pack.Seriously what more a Tomb Raider fan could ask for??

Elvick

Banned
Does that mean they removed the multiplayer then? And removed the trophies related to it?

That and the PC hair would make it worth a purchase.

Yea if you haven't played it yet, you definitely should. It's a very fun game. I personally don't see any reason to double dip, though maybe today's trailer will change my mind.

Nethaniah

I hope for console gamers it isn't priced so high, in comparison the pc version was like 10 bucks for everything last week iirc.

Really enjoyed this game. Would probably double dip to see the game in all it's graphical glory.

The only question for me is the resolution on both platforms and whether it runs at 60fps.

Cubed

1080P/60FPS, please.

I'd like the other nice effects, too, like the tressfx, but as long as it's the same game at 1080/60 I'll still double dip.

Now release PS4 versions of GTA V and The Last of Us and I'll never need to go back to my PS3!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
What I can't figure out is why everyone isn't jumping on this bandwagon.

There were plenty of games from late last gen that had superior PC ports that could easily be moved to the PS4/One with improved frame rate, graphics and resolution for cheap and cash in on the new release drought. It's almost free money and you could probably sell 100k copies of a well received game do to that hunger from early adopters.

I for one missed Tomb Raider, so this is pretty much an insta-buy if its sub 30 dollars.

Top Bottom