• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One / PlayStation 4) - Jan 28 2014

pargonta

got up to shanty town on a ps3 rental... look forward to a full play through on ps4.
it was turning full shooter at that point which soured me, but overall i was having fun.
can't wait to have fun again.

jmcoo7

Banned
Depends on price, won't pay more than £29.99, if more will wait a few months till bargain bin material which in UK isn't long lol.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
This makes me happy because I never got around to playing it on PS3 and now I'll have something to play on my PS4 in January.

So when they say 'Definitive edition' that would be the PS4 version then.

Because are we getting another 720/900p, fluctuating framerate, over-sharpening filter mess on XB1 that be a 'poppin in the visual stakes? :p

No PC version? Or is it the "definitive" version because of the visual upgrade only which is already on PC making a new release pointless?

sith ewok

Really liked this one on the 360 - will most likely double dip on the One for the achievements.

Edit: Would be nice if these cross gen games would have different achievements/trophies on next gen, just for variety.

The multiplayer was pretty crap in this game. And after beating the single player and doing most of the things I could, I really am not excited for this.

I mean, if they gave it to me for free on next gen since I beat it on last gen . . . sure. But paying to go through a single player experience that I already beat again? No thanks.

abracadaver

They should be able to get 60 fps easily without tressfx

I doubt it

trbwaoam.jpg

dEvAnGeL

finished the game on PC and loved it, will probably buy it on ps4 for the MP, depending on price of course, if it is 60 good luck with that

I have it on 360 and PC.

If the price is right and it comes with a lot of new single player content then I would gladly buy it. But I'm pretty sure it's only a visual upgrade and all the mmultiplayer DLC.

olimpia84

I got this for the PS3 on black friday and I'm having a great time with the game. Not sure if I'll want to double dip but for those that haven't played the game yet should be a good deal considering the drought of next gen games coming up.

Harlequin

I have it on 360 and PC.

If the price is right and it comes with a lot of new single player content then I would gladly buy it. But I'm pretty sure it's only a visual upgrade and all the mmultiplayer DLC.

I would love new singleplayer content. Well, if that new singleplayer content were new tombs. However, I seriously doubt there'll be any new content :(. It'll probably just be the PC version on ultra settings with all the DLC.

ksdixon

So it can be done with retail PS3 games, retooling them for PS4 release. I will totally re-buy Tomb Raider and TLOS for PS4 in the future, they are my two favorate games from 2013. They both represent new beginnings with development teams and I, after not liking previous TR games, nor Uncharted.

Cubed

I love how this irritates some people.

1. Some of us abandoned last gen but still miss a few games, this way we can play better version of PS3/360 games we've ditched.

2. These types of quick cash-ins help developers and help fund other projects with little effort.

3. YOU DON'T HAVE TO RE-BUY THE GAME.

Why do people feel the need to crap on something that in NO WAY negatively affects them?

Jimez

Banned
I played it on the 360, was a damn fine game indeed. A nomination for my Game of the Year for 2013. A definitive edition for PS4, as long as it's not full price (aka for UK gamers, £50) i may look into this. A game which came out 1 year ago on last gen and near enough pushed the boundaries for what was possible on the consoles should not be sold for more than say £30.

ShinAmano

So when they say 'Definitive edition' that would be the PS4 version then.

Because are we getting another 720/900p, fluctuating framerate, over-sharpening filter mess on XB1 that be a 'poppin in the visual stakes? :p

You've played them? Tells us more about what is included.

Or get out of here with those posts.

Kydd BlaZe

Played through this on 360 and earned all of the singleplayer achievements. I also own this on Steam in completely maxed out 60 fps 1080p glory. With that said though, I'm definitely down for a third round just to see how the new consoles can run the game.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Well then I am glad that I didn't buy it when it was released and I will get it when I get a PS4.

Assuming they put in the TressFX in the game.

This is bullshit.... just bought PS3 version from Amazon for $15 last week ;_;

But there was rumour of it getting ported to next gen for a while, hell Square-Enix even confirmed it.

Kikujiro

Meh.
A waste of time, I hope this does not become a trend.

I hope it becomes a trend, I'd buy a GTAV, Bioshock Infinite, Dark Souls 2 and The Last of Us definitive version for next-gen in a heartbeat.

It sucks that TR only has multiplayer DLCs.

ksdixon

Someone in the VGX thread a while back mentioned a Batman collection. Now that I would greatly enjoy, even if I did already play all 3 on PC with the settings cranked up.

Now that I would be interested in, all three games with all dlc's (including Joker Challenge Maps from B:AA), and possibly digital if it's available.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
And so the HD HD ports start

You're making some assumptions here.

Personally, I'll be surprised if it's even 1080p. And if it is, I'll be surprised if it runs at a steady 30fps. And I do not expect the fancy hair at all on either platform.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Missed it last gen so I'd quite happily grab this for ps4

Top Bottom