• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Refuses to Support Paul Ryan, McCain, in Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

But... after all this, what if this guy wins the election...?

tumblr_ll9oqdpJJ71qes00so1_400.gif

Betty

Banned
I didn't see an answer.......what would happen if Trump dropped out of the race? What would the Republicans be able to do

Apologize to their party and their voters for fucking up so badly.

Then blame their voters for pushing a toxic turnip like Trump in the first place.

In other words, they break down.

Can anyone explain the tweets? I read it a few times, but I don't really follow what is being said. :/

It sounds like Manafort was trying to pull the campaign into some semblance of a working program but that's no longer happening. He's phoning it in, as in, he's not making any real effort to win anymore, just doing whatever is necessary to avoid tanking his career (and staying out of Trump's way in the meantime). And apparently the overall mood among the staff is worse than we can even realize.

I feel like those tweets are new thread-worthy once we have a proper news item to clip to them.

Kenai

Watching the GoP implode from the inside out after all their hateful rhetoric and discriminatory practices throughout the years is even more delightful than i thought it would be. It really does take all kinds. I cannot stand Trump, but i also cannot deny the good he's unintentionally doing.

Loxley

I didn't see an answer.......what would happen if Drumpf dropped out of the race? What would the Republicans be able to do

They would appoint a new nominee for the party. Not Cruz though, not after he probably burned a bunch of bridges by refusing to tow the party-line by not endorsing Trump. They would probably go back to Romney and beg him to run again.

Arc

They would appoint a new nominee for the party. Not Cruz though, not after he probably burned a bunch of bridges by refusing to tow the party-line by not endorsing Trump. They would probably go back to Romney and beg him to run again.

No way, Cruz would come out of this situation with a huge boost from the "I told you so" angle he could take.

I wonder how generic Republican would do with a couple months against Clinton

Looks like Trump case against his University is going to happen.

Dude is gonna lose it. Whatever there is left to lose.

The date is set a few weeks after the election, it's going to be amazing if he loses the election and then immediately loses in court afterwards.

She would very likely lose.

Disagree. The person might do better than Trump may do, but there is no way a person jumping into the race with less than 100 days is going to be able to will infrastructure into existence. Trump's base is so rabid, if he would so much as hint that they forced him out, they would burn the GOP to the ground.

There is no good answer here.

Disagree. The person might do better than Trump may do, but there is no way a person jumping into the race with less than 100 days is going to be able to will infrastructure into existence. Trump's base is so rabid, if he would so much as hint that they forced him out, they would burn the GOP to the ground.

There is no good answer here.

If he willingly drops out, there's no reason why his supporters would be upset. Clinton is a remarkably weak candidate and would probably be trailing a generic Republican at this moment.

TyrantII

Wow. Wow wow. There are still 100 days left. We are going to witness a political party being literally clawed to pieces.

Don't underestimate the caliphate that is the Solid South.

I think we very well could see a election where one candidate gets below 40% of the popular vote while also winning all of Dixie and a good chunk of the west still, so not too far behind EV wise.

We'll see a popular vote trouncing worse than Reagan/Carter, but EV not even close to a nap that looks like 1980.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If he willingly drops out, there's no reason why his supporters would be upset. Clinton is a remarkably weak candidate and would probably be trailing a generic Republican at this moment.

This entire post is false (IMO) - Trump supporters would cry establishment conspiracy and only vote for another fuckbag. Pence and Christie are probably the closest you're going to get to palatable for that crowd and Hillary is emerging as tenacious and credible, ironically due to Trump comparisons. That would linger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom