• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump speaks at Values Voter Summit ; pledges homophobic views will not be silenced

louiedog

Kevin Sorbo is speaking at this thing. I wasn't aware he's one of those people.

He's been a known piece of shit for awhile. Even his career pivoted into "Christians defeat atheist strawmen and godlessness" movies you almost never hear about unless you're part of that crowd.

SiteSeer

But GAF told me on November 10 that he's actually progressive on LGBT issues.

Remember?

5818b1d9150000d80453109b.jpeg
same face a five year makes when he’s thinking ‘i don’t wanna’

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
This is what the right have wanted for so long, and they finally have a dipshit brazen enough to do it without a single thought to his image.

Orbis

As a gay guy I'm disappointed that the US is probably gonna end up on my 'can't visit' list of countries before long. The fuck happened guys.

The real issue though are the millions of Americans this actually affects. Trump is enabling the absolute worst level of bigotry against just about everyone who isn't white and male. These people have always existed but they will be empowered and they will grow in number.

SeanC

Deplorables all around. I'd expect him to attend a KKK rally by the end of the year.

Any Trump supporter is in line with being a shitty human being. No defense around him, and anyone who does or hand-waives it deserves to be ostracized.

As blatant as he has been with his clear racism, like the both siding of charlottesville, this is on a whole other level!

Is he gonna be at a clan rally next week?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder if history classes would be more effective if different parts of history were taught together with a theme, rather than teaching history sequentially.

It might help, then again people would probably just fuck up the timeline.

I wonder if history classes would be more effective if different parts of history were taught together with a theme, rather than teaching history sequentially.
History needs to focus more on the bad side of history, mainly your own country.

All basic history does in most countries is whitewash your own countries horrific actions while making us look the hero against foreign invaders.

I know that's what causes a lot of the 'great Britain used to rule to world' idiocy that tends to lead to racism.

jryeje29

I dont think ive ever heard read or seen something about this guy that has made me like him. Everything he does or says makes me despise him more. He will very likely go down as the worst president in history and we can only hope he is also the only president to be actually impeached.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So um... Are gay people still supporting this piece of filth?

Rich ones that don't have to worry about things because of their wealth. Just look at Caitlyn Jenner supporting Trump after all the shit he's done.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
1dgEnT7.png

Ah yes, the three sexualities; heteros, lesbians and youth.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Still my favorite Pence gif...the look on his face after Trump gives him his marching orders

64YWIbd.gif

Pence doesn't even grab him because he knows how fragile Donnie's ego is. He just touches him. But Donnie still has to finish what he's doing so he doesn't look weak.
Result: Donnie looking senile and weak.

Seeing this... really hurt me on the inside. I'm afraid about what could happen to us in the LGBT community with this lunatic in charge.

I'm not sure if I should feel angry or I should cry right now.

Makes me sick. Very glad I'm up north and away. My boyfriend and I do not want to visit or see any parts of this country besides the liberal parts of Michigan

Eusis

Even my best hopes post-Pence weren't any good (enabling these kinds of people.) Actively embracing this shit himself isn't surprising, but still very disheartening. I really hate that monster.

Future

The fuck happend USA.

Signed, Europe.

People like Caitlyn Jenner voted against their integrity. They threw themselves to the wolves so that they could vote anti abortion or whatever bullshit they found more important than dignity and respect

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
People like Caitlyn Jenner voted against their integrity. They threw themselves to the wolves so that they could vote anti abortion or whatever bullshit they found more important than dignity and respect

I'm willing to bet tax breaks or an easement of the estate tax was pretty high up on her list of priorities, far ahead of her own identity, dignity, and sexuality.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Holy shit, it's literally the "gay men are disgusting and evil, but lesbian women get a pass cause that shit's hot" written out as a political viewpoint.

I think "gay" practices is dogwhistle for butt stuff.

Pearl-clutching Republicans traumatized by the booty eating revolution.

1dgEnT7.png

Ah yes, the three sexualities; heteros, lesbians and youth.

Lesbians are at risk by imitating gay practices? Even ignoring the inherent idiocy in suggesting that lesbians aren't gay, if the "gay practices" include wanting dick, isn't that something these groups would encourage in lesbians? Be more logical in your bigotry, idiots.

The topic title needs to be changed to reflect the abhorrent bigotry being spewed by these sewer dwellers. This is the face of evil.

Beartruck

The fuck happend USA.

Signed, Europe.
Republicans spent decades feeding their base racist sexist policy to the point where it eventually bubbled over beyond their ability to control it and now the party is being run by the same fringe lunatics they are responsible for creating. Inmates running the asylum.

Duffk1ng

So are all the people at events like that just pretending to be Christian?

Do they not know their own belief system?

I don't get it - he's got a long history of lies, theft, adultery, sexual harassment and probably worse, divorce and greed. He is everything a Christian should hate, but they like him because what? He hates brown people and gay people as much as them? Is that just the way it is for these people? You can be as despicable as you like but as long as you're at least a little bit racist and homophobic it's all ok?

I don't get it - he's got a long history of lies, theft, adultery, divorce and greed. He is everything a Christian should hate, but they like him because what? He hates brown people and gay people as much as them?

He's not even Christian.

Gaardus

I don't get it - he's got a long history of lies, theft, adultery, sexual harassment and probably worse, divorce and greed. He is everything a Christian should hate, but they like him because what? He hates brown people and gay people as much as them? Is that just the way it is for these people? You can be as despicable as you like but as long as you're at least a little bit racist and homophobic it's all ok?
God works in mysterious ways, dammit!

I don't get it - he's got a long history of lies, theft, adultery, divorce and greed. He is everything a Christian should hate, but they like him because what? He hates brown people and gay people as much as them?

Many of these "Christians" have been estranged from the actual Jesus for a while now.

real-jesus-vs-republican-jesus-590x823.jpg

Values Voters. What a fucking oxymoron. Yes, vote for the guy who brags about grabbing women by the pussy, just like Jesus would want. Vote for the guy who is trying to kill people by taking away their health care, just like Jesus would want.

Seeing this... really hurt me on the inside. I'm afraid about what could happen to us in the LGBT community with this lunatic in charge.

I'm not sure if I should feel angry or I should cry right now.
I feel ya. Going from a president that had our backs to this stupid pig who is actively hostile towards our civil rights is the worst fucking feeling. We're in an incredibly vulnerable position right now, but we can't let these shitheads keep us down.

Values Voters. What a fucking oxymoron. Yes, vote for the guy who brags about grabbing women by the pussy, just like Jesus would want. Vote for the guy who is trying to kill people by taking away their health care, just like Jesus would want.

I keep trying to tell all the milquetoast commenters that complain about GAF lumping all GOoPers together: If you still identify as Conservative/ GOP after the past 40 years of fuckery, you're either a moron or you're such an emotional coward that you'll let your views on taxes or abortion, or guns blind you to the fact that you're making common cause with fascist cockroaches.

Ludovico

I keep trying to tell all the milquetoast commenters that complain about GAF lumping all GOoPers together: If you still identify as Conservative/ GOP after the past 40 years of fuckery, you're either a moron or you're such an emotional coward that you'll let your views on taxes or abortion, or guns blind you to the fact that you're making common cause with fascist cockroaches.

Yeah.

"American Taliban" seems more accurate by the day.

Top Bottom