• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Around 10 hours until Part 5 airs, consider me excited.

The part is titled, "Case Files," and all the titles/descriptions are quotes said in the episode which play a big role into the part itself, so I'm expecting this part may have a lot to do with the FBI (also the send-off in Part 4 helps this).

PolishQ

Around 10 hours until Part 5 airs, consider me excited.

The part is titled, "Case Files," and all the titles/descriptions are quotes said in the episode which play a big role into the part itself, so I'm expecting this part may have a lot to do with the FBI (also the send-off in Part 4 helps this).
I was thinking the Laura Palmer files at the Sheriff's Department. Hopefully they get a lead on what's missing, hopefully our old Cooper starts to come back, and hopefully we meet Diane!

grumpy

Wow. Found this on my FB newsfeed from the official Star Trek page.

The surprising Star Trek II - Twin Peaks connection

O7hriAE.jpg

RIP Catherine Coulson :(

Sarah Palmer to me is less likely with Albert's "I know where she drinks", not more likely.

That's not what you'd say about someone who drinks at home, alone by themselves. And she hasn't gone anywhere. So why would Gordon ask "Do you know where she is?" when she is where she has always been, living in the same house she has been living in for more than four decades!

Dusk Golem

I don't think Mr. C is Windom Earle, a big part to this being I don't think Lynch really liked what they did with Earle (intuition and how Lynch treated the character when he got control of him tell me this). However, I will say I think Coop's Doppelganger and Windom Earel share similarities, like one of Earl's initial characteristics was he was the "agent gone wrong" who was close to Cooper, and Coop's opposite. So by that merit, a doppelganger of Cooper who is legitimately his opposite and darker side would share some similarities with Windom Earle.

Sarah Palmer to me is less likely with Albert's "I know where she drinks", not more likely.

That's not what you'd say about someone who drinks at home, alone by themselves. And she hasn't gone anywhere. So why would Gordon ask "Do you know where she is?" when she is where she has always been, living in the same house she has been living in for more than four decades!

That's fair, but we're close to knowing regardless.

Then he acts uncomfortable about her talking about issues relating to her hormones.

On a rewatch, I thought his wince was because Denise said "screaming" hormones because of his loud setting on his hearing aids. Which sets up the end conversation with Albert. I might be trying to find a way to make the line non offensive though.

As rude as it was for Gordon to bring up Denise's past life to pat himself on the back, I will be forever grateful for "fix your hearts or die!" I'll be using that line in my life.

Edit: oh man, tonight's the NIGHT!

Worst two weeks ever, at least until the fourth of July.

On a rewatch, I thought his wince was because Denise said "screaming" hormones because of his loud setting on his hearing aids. Which sets up the end conversation with Albert. I might be trying to find a way to make the line non offensive though.

As rude as it was for Gordon to bring up Denise's past life to pat himself on the back, I will be forever grateful for "fix your hearts or die!" I'll be using that line in my life.
Minor point, that doesn't help the scene get any less problematic, but he brings up Denise's time as Dennis to hand wave away his horndog behaviour towards Tammy.

Denise sure seems to be into men these days. At least that's how I take her fanning herself after Gordon basically hits on her.

Minor point, that doesn't help the scene get any less problematic, but he brings up Denise's time as Dennis to hand wave away his horndog behaviour towards Tammy.

Yeah, I agree.

Denise sure seems to be into men these days. At least that's how I take her fanning herself after Gordon basically hits on her.

I don't think I'd take her fanning herself to be an implication of her being into men though. I thought that was just a playful reaction to the compliment she got about being beautiful. I've done it before too responding to friends that I don't have an attraction for.

Zoe

I took that as him reminding her that he looks out for his people rather than using dirt against them as others might.

hormones = hot flashes

I took that as him reminding her that he looks out for his people rather than using dirt against them as others might.
Two separate points. He makes that point second.

hormones = hot flashes
You can take it that way. I'll focus on the shy smile and that it comes right on the heels of Denise calling Gordon sweet.

I mean it's not as though home is the only place she can drink (it's one scene), and like I said earlier when they were filming
she was spotted going into the Bang Bang Bar. Maybe not for drinking but what else would she be doing there? Probably not cozying up to Chromatics :p

Unless that woman in on house arrest she's probably sipping from at least one watering hole in town in addition to the home drinking with her carnivore programming she seems to enjoy so much.

Fair enough about the knowing where she is part though.

Flipyap

I mean it's not as though home is the only place she can drink (it's one scene), and like I said earlier when they were filming
she was spotted going into the Bang Bang Bar. Maybe not for drinking but what else would she be doing there? Probably not cozying up to Chromatics :p
Margaret used to hang out around the bar for other reasons, so why can't Sarah? Who knows, maybe her bottle has something to say.

Maligna

Banned
Twin Peaks: Season 3 scene done in Seasons 1&2 Style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukzvjrYw_GQ&feature=youtu.be

I just thought I'd try this as an exercise to see if it can be done. I noticed that there is so much silence and lingering shots in this new season of Twin Peaks that it would be fairly easy to edit down one of the long, drawn out season 3 scenes and make it a bit more snappy to make it feel a bit closer to classic Twin Peaks. Adding Angelo Badalamenti's music completes the package.

It's not perfect, but it's just an experiment. Overall I cut the scene down by about 45 seconds.And for the record, I'm not saying this is better than what Lynch did. I was just wondering if I could do it.

Dusk Golem

If you have Comcast Xfinity On Demand, it looks like they've uploaded Part 5 early (at least in some territories).

Dammit, I used to have this but no longer do. Well, whatever. It airs in less than four hours as it is, so want to watch live with everyone.

Supposed to Go live at 6pm pst on CraveTV A for my fellow Canadians.

(This streaming service is pretty mediocre)

Going from Netflix 4K to CraveTV is really rough. The Xbox One app seems to have the best quality but goddamn is it bad compared to Netflix.

I'm glad that it's "airing" in Canada though in some way.

robotrock

Banned
fucked up and ate way too much food. think i need to sleep it off and miss twin peaks tonight. hope the episode is good

for the record i'll say i think laura dern is gonna be diane

It's like this was built for a gif. I hope to get some use out of it at E3 by dropping some footage in there on the TV.

Hell, the show itself will provide much fodder for this gif I am sure.

r5mDt7f.gif

Smidget

I just subscribed to the showtime trial. Can't watch until a little past 9. Do they have instant on demand for the episode or only after it airs?

Yamibito

Staying up until 2am in the UK for it

Same. Glad I work from home so I can get away with waking up late. Knowing a little bit of what we're getting now that the series is ongoing has made me VERY excited for this part/ep, rather than the nervous feeling I had this time two weeks ago lol.

Linkura

A little LTTP but just finished watching the first episode on Youtube. This is me right now:

tys7xr5.jpg

And some ancedotes:
-Damn Lucy aged beautifully.
-Lol @ Deputy Brennan's hair still being ridiculous.
-Hawk still a badass.
-Ben Horne not looking too bad but Jerry, Jesus. He's basically unrecognizable with the beard.
-Seeing Matthew Lillard as a middle-aged guy is weird. Makes me feel old. Apparently he's 47. WHAT
-No fucking idea how any of this is connected at all.
-Log Lady. ;_; She must have been in bad shape, but decided to be a part of it anyway. Really fucking awesome for her to take part despite her health problems. RIP Catherine Coulson.
-Not as strange as I could imagine Lynch would be, but I still don't have any idea what is really going on.
-What the shit was in the trunk at the end.

On to Episode 2 for now I guess. Because I'm extremely cheap, I'll probably just wait to get a Showtime trial until all the episodes are complete.

Dusk Golem

A little LTTP but just finished watching the first episode on Youtube. This is me right now:

tys7xr5.jpg

And some ancedotes:
-Hawk still a badass.
-Ben Horne not looking too bad but Jerry, Jesus. He's basically unrecognizable with the beard.
-Seeing Matthew Lillard as a middle-aged guy is weird. Makes me feel old. Apparently he's 47. WHAT
-Log Lady. ;_; She must have been in bad shape, but decided to be a part of it anyway. Really fucking awesome for her to take part despite her health problems. RIP Catherine Coulson.
-Not as strange as I could imagine Lynch would be, but I still don't have any idea what is really going on.

On to Episode 2 for now I guess. Because I'm extremely cheap, I'll probably just wait to get a Showtime trial until all the episodes are complete.

Have fun with Part 2, Part 1 & 2 were aired together as a seamless episode when they're watched live so may go deeper into some things.

And some ancedotes:
-Hawk still a badass.

I had to rewatch SLC Punk this week to try and bleach that out, its indeed weird. That said, aside from Coop he's probably the one I most want to see more of based on what we've seen. Dude can act.

Anybody know when the new episode will show up on Amazon? I'm hoping it's not a "next day" thing (which usually seems to be the case with Amazon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom