• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Twin Peaks Podcast released our review on episodes 3 and 4... I'm really scared of the fan backlash over the next week. Hope we weren't too hard on the episodes but we don't want to be dishonest and pretend we absolutely loved them.

I feel like we're the only podcast out there with even a remotely negative opinion or feeling of disappointment. Pretty lonely position to be in, especially when I get hateful messages for my lack of enjoyment of a TV show that I was looking forward to for so long.

http://twinpeakspodcast.blogspot.ca/2017/06/episode-50-return-part-03-has-been.html

Stay true to your opinions, regardless of how you think people will react. Good discussion is always welcome!

Maligna

Banned
Don't worry, I didn't love them either. I enjoyed 1 and 2 a lot but 3 and 4 weren't great television in my opinion. Very, very slow, and not in a great way.

I do think you guys are too obsessed with ideas on what Twin Peaks was, but I totally understand why and screw anyone who shits on you guys personally for being honest - don't let them get to you. The way I see it, this is Twin Peaks doing to modern TV what the first series did for TV at the time it aired and trying the same thing would be kinda pointless.

That said, I thought Part 3 and 4 were Twin Peaks as hell in the way it presented the odd world and characters. Even the start of part 3 reminded me of the first time the red room was shown and how strange it was.

Great podcast btw, I've enjoyed you guys for a few years now!

Stay true to your opinions, regardless of how you think people will react. Good discussion is always welcome!

Thank you. Even though I've been upset about what this show is, I am slowly coming around to it and I'm confident that in the end the show will grab me. It will just take me a little longer than most, I think.

I am keep relistening to I'm Deranged by David Bowie from the Lost Highway soundtrack. Ofcourse movies are really subjective in terms of what people like and what they don't but for me Lost Highway is my favorite Lynch movie followed by Mulholland Drive. And I read a interview with Lynch Miguel Ferrer the actor who plays Albert is unfortunately already dead and so is Catherine E. Coulson who plays the log lady. Which makes me sad for both of them. Btw I almost never do rewatches with movies and even tv shows. But maybe tomorrow I will rewatch episode 1,2 and myabe 3 and 4. Because I won't be seeing episode 5 untill this thuesday :(

Listen to I'm Deranged from Bowie's album "Outside" if you haven't already. The Lost Highway OST shortens it by 2 minutes or so.

Lost Highway is my personal favorite too.

Yep, David Nevins from Showtime said "Cooper's odyssey back to Twin Peaks" is the core of the season. Which is fine with me! The Cooper/Doppelgänger/BOB story is the one I'm most interested in by far.

They have to explore that extensively if the idea is Cooper has been stuck in the Lodge for 25 years and his Doppelgänger has been out. It would be a disservice to spend a relatively short amount of time not following the repercussions of that.

Yep, David Nevins from Showtime said "Cooper's odyssey back to Twin Peaks" is the core of the season. Which is fine with me! The Cooper/Doppelgänger/BOB story is the one I'm most interested in by far.

Yeah. I'm surprised when people enquire about this. Almost every scene so far is either directly tied to good Coop or bad Coop, other than a handful of scenes in Twin Peaks.

The Twin Peaks Podcast released our review on episodes 3 and 4... I'm really scared of the fan backlash over the next week. Hope we weren't too hard on the episodes but we don't want to be dishonest and pretend we absolutely loved them.

I feel like we're the only podcast out there with even a remotely negative opinion or feeling of disappointment. Pretty lonely position to be in, especially when I get hateful messages for my lack of enjoyment of a TV show that I was looking forward to for so long.

http://twinpeakspodcast.blogspot.ca/2017/06/episode-50-return-part-03-has-been.html

I understand that you guys don't love it, and your reasoning is sound... but I don't think anyone is phantom menacing themselves here. I struggled with Part 3, as I've said on here, but it doesn't sound to me like people trying to convince themselves that they liked something they didn't.

I'm only a few minutes in to the podcast, but that's my initial reaction.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I understand that you guys don't love it, and your reasoning is sound... but I don't think anyone is phantom menacing themselves here. I struggled with Part 3, as I've said on here, but it doesn't sound to me like people trying to convince themselves that they liked something they didn't.

I'm only a few minutes in to the podcast, but that's my initial reaction.
'People can't like something I don't like, they must only be pretending' is such an awful line to take.

Blader

I only started watching Twin Peaks this year and my anticipation over wondering what comes next after the S2 ending lasted all of six weeks, so there's no years-long fascination I have with this show forcing me to delude myself into liking anything. I just genuinely really enjoy it so far and think the first two episodes are collectively my favorite Lynch production.

Love the character concepts, but I'm not a fan of the plotting. But then I don't know that I could accept any plotting that isn't Lynch and Frost, or my own (now redundant of course) ideas.

I always liked the idea of Audrey never having been found after the explosion at the bank as you set up here, to give all the fans hope, but then I'd have had her dead body turn up in some kind of messed up shrine.

Finished season 2 Thursday, watched FWWM last night, starting the new stuff tonight. I'm not sure what exactly is going on but I love everything about this. Lynch so good.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Less than 36 hours until Part 5!

Finished season 2 Thursday, watched FWWM last night, starting the new stuff tonight. I'm not sure what exactly is going on but I love everything about this. Lynch so good.

Hope you enjoy the new season, it's a total delve into the Lynch (and Frost).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ugggggh. After a 4-hour launch, an hour a week is going to be painful.

Solo

Just thinking about this now....is Audrey the only remaining major returning character we haven't seen yet?

Dusk Golem

Just thinking about this now....is Audrey the only remaining major returning character we haven't seen yet?

Well keep in mind we don't know what characters are 'major' and which are not this season, but...

We haven't seen Doc Hayward, Norma, Ed, or Nadine yet.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member

As much as I've enjoyed the series so far, I think you're right on the money about Denise and Gordon/Tamara. Some of those scenes made me a bit uncomfortable and I'm surprised not to have heard more criticism about that.

Dusk Golem

has this been linked in here yet lol

https://twitter.com/dominicknero/status/869340356390813696

also, is there a new episode this weekend?

Hadn't seen that, a bit amusing.

And yes, tomorrow night Part 5 will air. We'll from here on out being getting a new part every Sunday, though we skip July 2nd (no new episode airs that week, so that'll be a fun 2-week wait after Part 8 airs), and then the series finale will air on September 3rd, and it'll be two parts aired together like 1&2 and 3&4 were (but with 17&18).

brinstar

That's pretty good, but he should have replaced Kramer with a tree.

hah

And yes, tomorrow night Part 5 will air. We'll from here on out being getting a new part every Sunday, though we skip July 2nd (no new episode airs that week, so that'll be a fun 2-week wait after Part 8 airs), and then the series finale will air on September 3rd, and it'll be two parts aired together like 1&2 and 3&4 were (but with 17&18).

Awesome, thanks!

Just listening to the second half of the Twin Peaks Podcast and they talk about the dispatch console... that's still super old dispatch tech for anyone wondering (I do IT for a dispatch center).

Dusk Golem

Just listening to the second half of the Twin Peaks Podcast and they talk about the dispatch console... that's still super old dispatch tech for anyone wondering (I do IT for a dispatch center).

Do most dispatch consoles have such disorganized folders on the desktop like we see in the Twin Peaks station?

Do most dispatch consoles have such disorganized folders on the desktop like we see in the Twin Peaks station?

Each of our dispatchers have roaming profiles with their own desktops.

So what do you think?

Edit: Not agreeing with the opinions in the Twin Peaks Podcast, but enjoying the comedy and banter. Espescially the talk of James taking Wally under his wing. That stuff was hilarious.

I loved it. That conversation with Albert is probably the best Gordon moment in the entire series for me (so far).

i beg to differ
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom