• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch streaming coming to Xbox One March 11

Mikey Jr.

A big part of streaming on ps4 seems to be ustream streaming. People just sitting in front of the camera and shooting the shit.

Wonder if Xbox is ever going to have that.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
About damn time, considering that it was announced first on XB1.

Interface looks much nicer too, and I think they gave the impression that it was coming at the end of the year so I'm glad that it's far earlier than that.

Just waiting on a big price drop and certain games to come out and then I'm in. Good to see that Twitch streaming will be ready for whenever that'll be, since it was my number one non-game want.

Prine

Banned
At this point I'm surprised they didn't name the console after Respawn/Titanfall. The second major patch is centered around getting things fixed ahead of the game, Respawn worked with MS to "fix" the controller, the newly announced bundle, and now getting Twitch broadcasting up and running for the game launch. I remember seeing articles that said the broadcasting could be gone until around E3 so good for them on getting it out sooner.

Your right...I remember reading an article that Bungie helped with OG Xbox control pad (it seems as if that controller was only made for Halo), Epic had a major say with Xbox360 system (RAM) but Respawn/Titan Fall are on another level, as if they're running MS atm.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I also don't get all the 'looks way better than PS4' comments. Of course the published images will look better, they are idealised and/or photoshopped. The game window is smaller so for the person playing that isn't ideal - but at least you have more space for chat.

I'd call them pretty even - at the end of the day you are both streaming with a thumbnail from a camera feed and comments.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Was there a rumour that this console was supposed to launch in spring with Titanfall as a launch title? It's like the software and os is finally going to be ready by March. Seems really like that was the initial plan to me.

Good to hear that both will now have streaming capabilities now. I do like how they are gonna utelize it better on PS4 with the Interactive feature.

I just hope it dont lag, it dont lag on ps4

yeah that was pretty cool since I have so so internet speeds and my bro was online while I was streaming with no problems , just the 10-15 second delay which is ok with me

finally its here B^) I've been wanting stream support for ages. would have been better if I still had dead rising 3

Krilekk

Banned
No, it means they are going all out to bring this stuff before/with Titanfall.

They should've just postponed launch until March 11 which was pretty obviously their original plan until Sony decided to launch earlier than anticipated. But I guess they did profit from lack of PS4s around christmas.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
About damn time, considering that it was announced first on XB1.

Interface looks much nicer too, and I think they gave the impression that it was coming at the end of the year so I'm glad that it's far earlier than that.

Just waiting on a big price drop and certain games to come out and then I'm in. Good to see that Twitch streaming will be ready for whenever that'll be, since it was my number one non-game want.

They only announced Twitch first. Sony announced the streaming of games through Ustream first and clearly were in talks with Twitch.

EagleEyes

Microsoft is stepping to the plate and getting things done. Now we need Sony to step up and get some of the things they promised like suspend/resume as I use that all the time on X1 and its a nice feature indeed.

Interfectum

v7phn7U.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Well thankfully they finally caught up here, hopefully MS running to catch up with features Sony adds isn't going to be the story of this generation though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I also don't get all the 'looks way better than PS4' comments. Of course the published images will look better, they are idealised and/or photoshopped. The game window is smaller so for the person playing that isn't ideal - but at least you have more space for chat.

I'd call them pretty even - at the end of the day you are both streaming with a thumbnail from a camera feed and comments.

This comes out in two weeks - why would it not look like the picture shown?

If you find that they look even, that's great - I'm not going to argue opinions with you or anyone else.

They only announced Twitch first. Sony announced the streaming of games through Ustream first and clearly were in talks with Twitch.

I never mentioned streaming in general, I'm talking specifically about Twitch, like the topic is about. I watched all of the announcements for all of the console makers and I knew Ustream was the first stream deal announced already.

ekim

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-twitch-broadcasting

New Information:
Only with Twitch on Xbox One can you broadcast and watch your favorite games live by simply saying “Xbox, Broadcast.” Once you’re done broadcasting, you can use Twitch to watch the games you love, chat with the players you follow, or even join a broadcaster’s game. Xbox One is the only next-gen console that allows you to archive your Twitch broadcasts and view live Twitch streams regardless of their original source.

Thanks to Kinect, Xbox One owners that have completed a one-time setup of their Twitch account can begin live streaming their game of choice simply by saying "Xbox, Broadcast" at any point during their time playing it. Kinect also allows you to easily include your picture-in-picture video feed and audio commentary along with the game broadcast, making it the perfect way to connect with your friends and followers. Xbox One's Twitch app is a great way to meet new friends, too, as you'll be able to view the gamer card of anyone streaming from Xbox One and begin following them.

Your Twitch activity will appear right in the friends app and activity feed of your followers, giving everyone a real-time update on what you're broadcasting or watching. You can even set up notifications for a heads-up when one of your favorites begins broadcasting. During the broadcast, broadcasters and viewers will be able to interact (viewers can post comments in the chat stream, while the broadcaster verbally responds or assigns a moderator to keep chat running smoothly while they're busy playing). Xbox One is the only next-gen console offering a complete Twitch chat experience, offering 10 lines in the chat stream and allowing viewers to choose their name color and post emoticons. As an added bonus, broadcasters can invite friends into a private party from the chat stream, allowing them to voice chat outside of the broadcast.

In addition to the ability to use Kinect's voice commands to begin (and finish!) broadcasting, a number of other special features make the Twitch experience on Xbox One a unique one. You'll have access to the all of the live broadcasts, as well as exclusive content. Unlike other Twitch console experiences, you can also broadcast a full-screen view of the game you're playing or use an on-screen viewer indicator to keep an eye on how popular your live broadcast is. You can even earn Media Achievements just by spectating as you normally would or, we hope, by checking out any of the Xbox One games you haven't seen before.

The best part of the first truly next-gen Twitch experience coming to Xbox One is that it will be here in time for the release of "Titanfall" on March 11. It's fitting that the first truly next-gen multiplayer game will be making a Titan-sized splash on the first truly next-gen Twitch experience.

Alan Smithee

Neo Member
While we're on the subject of Titanfall and Twitch I tried streaming the beta while I was on PC but it was weird, it would show the menus but nothing else, no game footage, at least from the Twitch archive footage. I asked r/titanfall and got zeroed immediately, seriously fuck reddit sometimes

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Only with Twitch on Xbox One can you broadcast and watch your favorite games live by simply saying “Xbox, Broadcast.”

I hate the way PR just has to try and make things sound exclusive. Sure, Xbox one is the only way to broadcast via twitch by saying 'Xbox broadcast'. On the PS4 you press the share button that is right there. On the PC you do something else.

Archiving streams is pretty good though, as is this
Offering 10 lines in the chat stream and allowing viewers to choose their name color and post emoticons. As an added bonus, broadcasters can invite friends into a private party from the chat stream, allowing them to voice chat outside of the broadcast.

Hyunickel

Neo Member
"Unlike other Twitch console experiences, you can also broadcast a full-screen view of the game you're playing or use an on-screen viewer indicator to keep an eye on how popular your live broadcast is."

This!!!

RulkezX

This is pretty good news. One of my favourite PS4 features is going into the broadcasting section and watching some games being played before a purchase.

It's probably going to be just as huge on X1

Hyunickel

Neo Member
Can you stream without snapping ?

This seems to indicated so:

"Unlike other Twitch console experiences, you can also broadcast a full-screen view of the game you're playing or use an on-screen viewer indicator to keep an eye on how popular your live broadcast is."

madmackem

Microsoft is stepping to the plate and getting things done. Now we need Sony to step up and get some of the things they promised like suspend/resume as I use that all the time on X1 and its a nice feature indeed.

I use it all the time on ps4 play a game watch netflix come back to game resume.

madmackem

This seems to indicated so:

You can stream full screen on ps4?.

I'm not saying it isn't correct, I'd just like more information than something that on the surface sounds like a PR comment.

Twitch on Xbox One has at least one feature unavailable on PlayStation 4: the ability to archive streams right from the console.

It's complete integration," Shear says. "It's exciting because we've never had the ability to broadcast from a console like this with such a deep level of integration. The concept of being able to join a broadcasters' party is really cool, and it's another step in the direction of interacting more closely with broadcasters."

Dragon

Banned
Twitch on Xbox One has at least one feature unavailable on PlayStation 4: the ability to archive streams right from the console.

It's complete integration," Shear says. "It's exciting because we've never had the ability to broadcast from a console like this with such a deep level of integration. The concept of being able to join a broadcasters' party is really cool, and it's another step in the direction of interacting more closely with broadcasters."

And Playstation 4 has at least one feature unavailable on Xbox One as far as I can tell. The ability to tell people to die definitively in Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

Top Bottom