• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch streaming coming to Xbox One March 11

mmitt

awesome.

and it seems like they also updated the app, you can see your live followers now according to the second picture in the article. that's the bigger news for me :)

madmackem

I think he's talking about the ability to suspend the game when you turn the console off, and then resume it when you turn it back on again.

He might be but I think a lot of people under the impression you can't change from game to something else.

8byte

Banned
Looks better than the ps4 version tbh.

The video looks way cleaner, plus its bigger. Also, it has chat in a logical place. The ps4 chat is moronic with only 2 lines of text, plus the chat looks better.

Hopefully sony revamps it.

Let's wait for a real image before we talk about video quality.

Wereroku

Wait I have used the ps4 streaming and it can go full screen so I am not sure why they are saying only xbo can do that. Anyway should be good to see how this looks because xbo does not have a dedicated video streaming chip like the ps4 so i wonder if it will effect game performance.

Being able to archive is the big news for me.

Funny enough ps4 can also archive but twitch says Sony themselves disabled it. Some streamers are still able to archive though.

8byte

Banned
Wow, the Twotch CEO and MS are spreading tons of FUD About PS4 streaming. Surprised no one here has brought that up.

Autofokus

"Unlike other Twitch console experiences, you can also broadcast a full-screen view of the game you're playing or use an on-screen viewer indicator to keep an eye on how popular your live broadcast is."

This!!!

? It's in the PS4 share options, the full screen stuff I mean.

Trailer is live...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMq_ajNBTy8

BEag1fq.jpg

Hehehehe.

JayEH

The Twitch integration sounds really good.(Archiving!) Seems like the wait for it is going to be worth it. Sony is going to need to update soon.

But man...

I have never seen a console manufacturer do so much for one game on their console...that's not even exclusive. There's this, the controller update, party system changes, the cloud servers integration, up scaler changes all being done for Titanfall's launch.

Ah, yeah apologies.

Looks pretty good for some reason!
Because Forza is actually a good looking game? Not sure why people here think it's not. It looks fantastic on my TV.

Anyways, wow Microsoft is pulling out all the stops for Titanfall. Not even Halo gets this kind of special treatment. Xbox One is now a TitanFallBox until E3.

Hopefully they have improved snapped apps performance... The snapped apps while gaming are so infuriatingly slow, even when the app is pretty much a menu, that makes the feature currently useless for me right now.

Ah, yeah apologies.

Looks pretty good for some reason!

The reason is that the game looks damn good :p

The Twitch integration sounds really good.(Archiving!) Seems like the wait for it is going to be worth it. Sony is going to need to update soon.

But man...

I have never seen a console manufacturer do so much for one game on their console...that's not even exclusive. There's this, the controller update, party system changes, the cloud servers integration, up scaler changes all being done for Titanfall's launch.

You really think those features wouldn't come regardless? Because they would.

Bsigg12

What makes you think it will?

Yesterday we had the Titanfall bundle announced. Today we have Twitch integration coming at the launch of Titanfall. I'm expecting a Titanfall related announcement each day this week and with the page they took down already fully explaining how prepurchasing will work, I am expecting them to "roll the feature out" with Titanfall but then become available for most of if not all games.

Yesterday we had the Titanfall bundle announced. Today we have Twitch integration. I'm expecting a Titanfall related announcement each day this week and with the page they took down already fully explaining how prepurchasing will work, I am expecting them to "roll the feature out" with Titanfall but then become available for most of not all games.

True,nice way to look at it. Smart too to give Titanfall that extra push lol.

iceatcs

I doubt Twitch cares that Sony uses Ustream too. If they really did Twitch would be on the PS4 at all.
Oh they do, the viewer count is what they seeking. That's why Twitch come after Ustream partnership announced.
It will eventually get more streamers. It unlikely will be only Twitch and Ustream forever.

Also. Xbox studio make this official Twitch app. Free project for Twitch.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I wonder how they'll handle the broadcaster accessing the dash or sensitive info. The PS4 has that "please stand by" window with the rotating shapes, and blurs out popups.

Klocker

I'm not saying they wouldn't but they're all coming around the same time primarily to support one game.
yes. And why not have a target date to motivate coders and to improve and capitalize on customer satisfaction on a date where they expect some growth of new users.

they are still in the business of providing service to people in exchange for money. The greater the service the higher chance of growth

watership

Is rather have screen shot functionality that uploads to skydrive but this is cool to I guess.

Yeah, so do I. Where is that? Seems a simple function. "Xbox record that" is the most brilliant function on the new console, if I remember to say it after something big happens.

Top Bottom