• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ubi-Conf] Watch_Dogs Announced (Video/screens added) [Up: Xbox 360/PS3/PC]

RyL

Banned
no way this gen consoles can pull this off... I even doubt a state of the art gaming PC could do this (maybe with 2xGeForce GTX 690)

sixghost

What the fuck kind of sorcery did Ubisoft pull off? That's an impossible amount of detail for even a 360 game which has more memory than ps3. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

He just said the game runs on those platforms, not that the demo was using those platforms. There were plenty of generation-straddling games between the PS2/PS3 eras that ran on both, but looked like shit on the previous consoles.

Sethos

Banned
Please don't tell me this is current-gen, it'll be marred with limitations and trickery to make it look good :(

no way this gen consoles can pull this off... I even doubt a state of the art gaming PC could do this (maybe with 2xGeForce GTX 690)

lol c'mon son, it looked nice but it wasn't exactly an insane tech demo.

Osaka15

Banned
Lol Ubisoft set the bar high for Sony and Nintendo with this game. But, such a bar does not have to be met by Sony, unless they show a next Gen title, as this game(watch dog) is obviously a next Gen title.

Kunan

Who is he and what cred does he have for us to believe him?

Either way, it was way too high end to be running on current gen HW while looking that good.
I work at Ubisoft Montreal. Take it or leave it. I can't talk about anything else of course as nothing else is official.

Cipherr

Holy fuck this is the best thing to come out of this shitty E3 yet.

FINALLY something interesting. FINALLY. Jesus Christ if I saw one more goddamn cliche shooter war covert zombie bullshit game I was going to toss my monitors.

Montreal has basically all the world's best developers in the world in one place. Not surprising.

Ubisoft has shit the bed at just about every E3 in recent memory though. Mr. Caffine, lazer tag, their Vitality sensor, Micheal Jackson : The Experience, annoying hosts, and generally just no real games.

Derrick01

Banned
Does this hint at a surprise announcement at the Sony conference maybe? Kind of odd to be showing off a next-gen game when no systems have been announced. Or maybe it's just a high-end PC version of a current-gen game?

PC ports don't look THAT much better than their console counterparts. They look clearly better, but not enough to look clearly next gen in most cases. For a Ubisoft game who always ports to PC, there's no way it's just a high end PC version.

Thoraxes

Soo, which is it?

My money is on the guy who works for Ubi.

But that's just me.

PC ports don't look THAT much better than their console counterparts. They look clearly better, but not enough to look clearly next gen in most cases. For a Ubisoft game who always ports to PC, there's no way it's just a high end PC version.
It's probably been in development for years. It's totally possible.

No, I'm guessing demarco would arrive at the club and animate to a position by the bar or something, where you could engage him
I hope its more like that.
It looks REALLY nice but I don't like getting too hyped about a new IP so early... cause... what if it ends up being bad?

Goldrusher

I can confirm this game is running on PS3 and 360 at this point in time.

ibbOyUVKvYVEoI.gif

jett

D-Member
It's a high res current gen game. Just looks like PC screens. Are people seriously this impressed?

PCs demolish consoles.The quality of the lighting and the character detail is beyond any game on the PS360.

The animation was the most impressive part for me tho, it was almost perfect.

That trench coat alone at the start made me think it wasnt for current gen.

But man, two years into development and it probably wont be out for another year. This game must be expensive as fuck.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Environmental effects looked next gen (rain, trees in wind).

I'm sure textures, etc. will be more crispy as time goes on.
It's not necessarily "next-gen". This is a high end PC game right now that may get PS360 ports that will be reduced.

Remember, Doom 3 and HL2 came out on Xbox.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
That looked amazing until he started shooting

imagine a Hitman style game like this with all the phone stuff.

AngryMoth

Done remember the last time I had such a strong reaction to a demo, maybe the original Assassins Creed. New IP, fantastic story premise, innovative gameplay ideas, unbelievable production values. Even if there's a version for current gen consoles I'm calling it now that this is a nextgen launch title. Holy fuck! Don't see how anything else could possibly beat this for my game of show

Scotch

I really don't care about the graphics. I'm just pumped that it's something NEW.

This is why we need new consoles. Because a new console cycle brings with it lots of new IP's.

I don't see how this is so unbelievable to be on the PS3 and 360. Looks like it is running off the new anvil engine and PC screens of AC3 look way better than the console versions as well. This is entirely possible for current HD consoles.

Looks really good and can't wait to see more.

kodt

Banned
Looks awesome. Also, the city is clearly Chicago. Not sure why the OP says New York, unless it takes place in multiple cities.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It looked like it was being played with a Wii U Pro Controller. At least that's what it looked like based on the position of the sticks.

Unless it was just some other generic controller entirely.

Top Bottom