• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ubi-Conf] Watch_Dogs Announced (Video/screens added) [Up: Xbox 360/PS3/PC]

Corto

So, during the demo, do you think the car accident part was optional? If that car sped through the traffic light without you messing around with it, would you be given a big FAIL and reset until you switched the light?

I'm almost certain it was optional and triggered by the player. Just crazy.... real time manipulation of the environment by that level... crazy.

Looks great, I swear we had a thread on here asking for an open world game like this. It reminded me of that show person of interest, With all the stuff popping up in people.

POI.jpg

glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.

taoofjord

Love it! And it looks like we'll be getting an awesome cyberpunk game out of it before cyberpunk gets run into the ground by the me-too's and corporate suits of the industry.

So, during the demo, do you think the car accident part was optional? If that car sped through the traffic light without you messing around with it, would you be given a big FAIL and reset until you switched the light?

Seemed scripted to me but who knows.

We need more details about this game, people are freaking out too much.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
If this is a launch game for next gen and also a landmark for the quality of other games that will release at launch I'm gonna pass out....

Ubi causually drops a next gen title.... I can't believe it...

Pachimari

I don't even think Ubisoft Montreal knows the answer to this question yet. It seems like it's in the concept stages and that they're still experimenting.

Best game of the show so far though.

By the way, a commenter on CVG says this:
The gameplay trailer on youtube does not have the ending that explains this game has multiplayer and actual players will be trying to stop you from achieving your goals or you will be stopping them. Exciting stuff.

We know this for sure?

I'm a little worried after the player name of that character showed up at the end.

PLEASE don't be multiplayer only or some shit. Please...please please please...

Epcott

I was hoping they would talk about Beyond Good and Evil 2... after watching Watch-Dogs, I forgot all about that game. Wow, game is amazing.

I wonder if it has drop in-drop out multiplayer?
Edit: Thanks Frisbee of Freedom

sn00zer

Im guessing this is HL2 tech demo levels of scripted, but I dont doubt that Ubi could pull this off epsecially with what they have accomplished with Assassins Creed

Derrick01

Banned
I can confirm this game is running on PS3 and 360 at this point in time.

What the fuck kind of sorcery did Ubisoft pull off? That's an impossible amount of detail for even a 360 game which has more memory than ps3. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

mxgt

Banned
game of the show so far

in fact it's the only game shown so far thats original or interesting, a real breath of fresh air if they pull it off

Cake Boss

Banned
Fuuuccckkk this just saved E3.

Finally something interesting.

I cant believe the Ubi is the conference to beat right now. AC3, WatchDogs and Rayman wow.

sTeLioSco

Banned
If this is next gen I'll be very, very disappointed.

At best it looks like a PC version of a current gen game.

this is an open world game......

the corridor shooters will be even better,but you can see technology differences already from this video.

jvalioli

If it's a 'next gen' game, it'd have to be for Wii U considering there is no 720 or announcements of PS4 thus far

I thought I saw a PS3 controller, but I could be wrong as the stream was only SD and the shot was very brief and it was dark.

Why would they use a black 360 controller? :p Maybe just a dev build then.

Still, I don't care if it's ps360wiiu so long as pc gets it

I thought I saw a PS3 controller on the stream also, along with X and O buttons.

I don't know how people think this is current gen. No way, not looking like that. At best we'd get PS360 ports, but they won't look like that. Check out the lighting, reflections, and effects in the 2nd half of the demo. Far better than most open world titles this generation.

A great pick me up after the shitty MS conf. and mediocre EA one.

Game looks amazing. Cannot wait to find out more about it.

pargonta

what I loved most was the finger on the pulse of humanity aspect.

Each person's personal info... HIV positive, occupation and income... that is some good exploration of real human conditions. Love love love it.

I feel like this game is right for me, as long as the guns are not too prevalant.

watchdogs_screen_01tcm2153798.jpg

watchdogs_screen_02tcm2153800.jpg

watchdogs_screen_03tcm2153972.jpg

lolz at anyone thinking this is for PS360 or Wii U.

Does this hint at a surprise announcement at the Sony conference maybe? Kind of odd to be showing off a next-gen game when no systems have been announced. Or maybe it's just a high-end PC version of a current-gen game?

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
We are 7 years into this gen and still people are confused on what´s possible on current gen consoles and what´s obviously NOT.

Top Bottom