• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft expects Watch Dogs to sell more than 6.2 million units

Mrbob

It is the number one preordered game on PS4 looking at all the charts. Game is on 6 platforms. UBI is low balling expectations.

iNvid02

what platform you guys going for? personally i've pre ordered it for my microwave

was a tough choice between that and my iron let me tell ya

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
with PS3/360/Wii U and PS4/PC/Xbone I can see that happening, 3-4 million across nextgen easy

ButchCat

Let's look at the holiday's lineup this year. Watch Dogs is the freshest AAA game in the mix especially when looking at the next gen launch titles, plus it's open world. I see it easily surpassing 6 million.

Gadirok

It probably will, but I won't add to that number until it hits the $20 bin like most Ubisoft titles do 3 months after they launch.

Blizzard

Banned
To reach that target they better deliver on graphics or else.....
Have games that sell multiple millions traditionally had super high-end graphics?

I don't know sales numbers but I seem to recall Battlefield 3, Crysis, and Diablo 3 were in the multiple millions. Two of those were high end. CoD games of course sell really well, and I'd say those aren't typically as high end.

I'm not convinced that the graphics necessarily correlate to sales, though later on with the PS4 and XBox1 maybe that will be more the case.

Top Bottom