• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UHD Blu-ray Game Consoles shipped in 2013

Is there a human side to you Jeff? What are your likes and dislikes? I want to know the side of Jeff Rigby that doesn't spew indecipherable webs of technojargon and patent links.

Elandyll

Banned
Jeff ...

200_s.gif

The document doesn't say anything about shipped consoles.
True but the Paper's latest version is from 2015 talking about 2013 Game Consoles getting UHD Blu-ray in 2016. You'd think they would edit out or correct if UHD Blu-ray consoles didn't ship in 2013.

Next to the last page has the energy saved in UHD Game consoles from 2013 projected out to 2020 and accesses ******** which tracks console sales. It looks like the latest console sales figures accessed were from 2014.

It was interesting that the leaked specs for the Neo did not mention an upgraded drive.

I'm still hoping my OG PS4 can be firmware updated for UHD BRs. But it makes the Neo a tougher sell.

ZOONAMI

Jeff... Just stop... If ps4 or Xbox launch models ever do support uhd blu-ray, you can make a thread and serve all the crow. I'll take the breast meat.

RCSI

True but the Paper's latest version is from 2015 talking about 2013 Game Consoles getting UHD Blu-ray in 2016. You'd think they would edit out or correct if UHD Blu-ray consoles didn't ship in 2013.

Next to the last page has the energy saved in UHD Game consoles from 2013 projected out to 2020 and accesses ******** which tracks console sales. It looks like the latest console sales figures accessed were from 2014.

All the article proposes is laying out an initiative to meet certain energy objectives for game consoles, not necessarily talking about UHD support in the PS4 and Xbox One.

It was interesting that the leaked specs for the Neo did not mention an upgraded drive.

I'm still hoping my OG PS4 can be firmware updated for UHD BRs. But it makes the Neo a tougher sell.
It wasn't that it wasn't an upgraded drive, the specs were for developers, and developers aren't allowed to do anything that won't work on the old-school PS4. Thus developers can't use the triple-layer discs, since old-school PS4's hardware can't read them. Developers were told to expect to use the same 50GB max size that they have now.

chadskin

True but the Paper's latest version is from 2015 talking about 2013 Game Consoles getting UHD Blu-ray in 2016.

Perhaps I'm just blind but where in the paper is it "talking about 2013 Game Consoles getting UHD Blu-ray in 2016"? All I see are energy cap requirements for High-Definition Games Consoles and Ultra High-Definition Games Consoles, the latter of which come into effect starting January 1, 2016.

It doesn't preclude the (very likely) possibility that this just refers to new (NX) and updated/upgraded consoles (PS4K, Xbox One.5) that'll get released in 2016 and beyond.

sono

op said:
A Tier 3 for Navigation for both HD and UHD that starts for both Jan 2017 @ 70 watts ( Best guess is a firmware update reduces the power needed Jan 2017 )

If there is a firmware update known about in 2013 that reduces power, why not apply that in 2013

Is this where the house of cards falls down ?

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm trying to read between the lines here. What are you really trying to tell us? Are you OK Jeff?

ssshhhhhh

Don't ask him a question, it will lead to a document of some sort and then an indirect answer that doesn't actually have him saying yes!

Jebusman

Banned
Jeff just stop man. It's not funny anymore. You are desperately finding just about anything you can to piece together the mystery of 4K bluray support (or lack thereof), and it's reaching the point of absurdity.

And you still don't seem to understand why people criticize you. You really, REALLY cannot see that your endless speculation and "CONNECT THE DOTS IT ALL MAKES SENSE" statements are not, and will never be, factual declarations.

You continue to make threads with these statements as if you managed to prove it to be true. That last thread title should have been renamed, and this one should be as well.

ZeroX03

Banned
Jeff just stop man. It's not funny anymore. You are desperately finding just about anything you can to piece together the mystery of 4K bluray support (or lack thereof), and it's reaching the point of absurdity.

And you still don't seem to understand why people criticize you. You really, REALLY cannot see that your endless speculation and "CONNECT THE DOTS IT ALL MAKES SENSE" statements are not, and will never be, factual declarations.

You continue to make threads with these statements as if you managed to prove it to be true. That last thread title should have been renamed, and this one should be as well.

This. For the love of God stop making factual declarations. I have no idea why these threads don't get title changes.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

lol are you so desperate for validation and e-cred that you're gonna post that again and again in any slightly related thread? You are, aren't you? :p

Btw I don't want to be mean but you've already been debunked in the last thread and the tl;dr was that if you throw tons of shit at a wall something's gonna stick in the end.
That's without even counting that tweet from that games journo mentioning GDC's lines and overhearing devs mentioning the PS4K ;)

But whatever makes you feel good, I don't think it's a big deal for the rest of us so... hey guys, let's all agree from now on that our fellow member onQ called the whole PS4k first, ok? :)

onQ123

lol are you so desperate for validation and e-cred that you're gonna post that again and again in any slightly related thread? You are, aren't you? :p

Btw I don't want to be mean but you've already been debunked in the last thread and the tl;dr was that if you throw tons of shit at a wall something's gonna stick in the end.
That's without even counting that tweet from that games journo mentioning GDC's lines and overhearing devs mentioning the PS4K ;)

But whatever makes you feel good, I don't think it's a big deal for the rest of us so... hey guys, let's all agree from now on that our fellow member onQ called the whole PS4k first, ok? :)

What was debunked? my thread was from 2011 & 2012

III-V

What I wish Jeff would post is this: A single post in which he cohesively lays out his argument.

1.) Clearly state what is conjecture on your part.
2.) Clearly state what you have read (and think is important) without providing an interpretation of it.
3.) Please provide in powerpoint/pdf/png format with graphs/plots/flow diagrams; whatever we would need to 'see' what you are talking about.

As many people have pointed out, you post in a bizzaro-land John Nash style that isn't conducive to getting your message across.

I would like to hear what your message is, but please, find a way to communicate it.

Lone Wolf

UHD Blu-Ray discs are in stores and online for sale. Sony would have enabled this option if it existed in the PS4. Ps4 and Xbox one are not UHD capable. End of story.

Venom Fox

Banned
I had a lot of faith in your old thread believe it or not, it was too confusing not to believe.

This however I don't believe, Sony especially would be marketing it as a bonus to push 4K, they wouldn't wait nearly 3 years to say "oh yeah this box is also a 4k player". I'm sorry but you have to think logically here.

Dash Kappei

Funnily enough, I was just reading an old article about this, and of the two comments below it, Jeff was one of them, providing links back to his GAF posts as evidence.

Circles within circles.

Hahahahahahaha! Frankly, that's hilariously amazing! XD

Btw, am I the only one who pictures Jeff like this:
RegularShow_1_1.jpg

Dash Kappei

What was debunked? my thread was from 2011 & 2012

I was referring to Polaris 10, I didn't even want to touch with a pogo stick your "I kinda called it", but since you insist...

...Now tell me in what planet making a thread about "would you buy an upgraded PS3 or Xbox 360" and another asking people if 4K support could influence their decision on which next-gen console they'd choose between PS4/xbone equals in any way to "kinda calling it" that Sony would release PS4 Neo while dominating the market with a 40M installed base after less than 3 years on the market.
It's appropriate that you've posted that in a Rigby thread tho, I'll give you that.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
You would think you would have learned after being banned on Beyond3D for the same sort of thing Jeff. This kind of thing is just nonsense my friend, you have to stop driving yourself crazy like this, for your own sanity

Did everyone else guess the OP when they saw the thread title?

I though his old thread with all the diagrams had picked up some steam.

When I opened the thread the first thing I checked was the date.

When I saw that he made this thread today I read through it. This thread is more confusing than the old one.

Jeff where did you find that document?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I was just missing the drama of the PS4K thread. Can we also argue about the difference between upscaling and uprendering? Because that was pretty fun.

LordofPwn

If it's really that easy to make the original Xbox Ones or PS4s play UHD Blu-ray discs by simply updating the firmware, Samsung is going to look really dumb selling the $400 UBD-K8500.
They're going to look really dumb if the PS4K launches at $400 and has a UHD Blu-ray player.

Top Bottom