• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UI artist of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy posts video with Xbox prompts - mildshock.gif

Tizoc

Why wouldn't it? It's a cartoon drawing of a memory card with no branding whatsoever.

It has been on the "not exclusive" category for anybody capable of logical thought for quite a while now.

And to add, Activision won't lose much from making it multiplat.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why Sony and Activision are still not saying anything, when it's so obviously not a permanent exclusive is just annoying at this point.
The game has probably sold more than it ever will on Xbox, PC or Switch individually, so they can't be too worried about lost sale at this point.

Probably a contractual thing.

Not that it hasn't been obvious as hell from the start anyway.

timberger

I know absolutely no one in this thread has expressed any desire for the game to remain exclusive but why does everyone want it to be exclusive?

Same shit every time.

im_shocked.gif

Magwik

Banned
Activision and Sony have probably one of the most anti consumer partnerships out there.

From this, to Destiny content, to the initial standalone of launch for MW:R being PS exclusive for a month.

It benefits nobody.

Activision and Sony have probably one of the most anti consumer partnerships out there.

From this, to Destiny content, to the initial standalone of launch for MW:R being PS exclusive for a month.

It benefits nobody.

Well it obviously benefits Sony or they wouldn't keep doing it.

It benefits nobody.
For sure shits straight up disgusting. They haven't even discussed this game being on other systems when it's clearly a moneyhat. This might be the worst and ugliest moneyhat I ever seen

Taker34

Banned
I know absolutely no one in this thread has expressed any desire for the game to remain exclusive but why does everyone want it to be exclusive?

Same shit every time.

It's always "them agains us"...

It wouldn't make even sense to care about it from a fanboy perspective, especially after being released exclusively on one platform. PC and Xbox releases would make sense and is beneficial to everyone.

Montresor

Man it feels to me like there's been no backlash at all with the way this game has been handled. It's a game for which the timed exclusivity has been kept secret and I've seen this happen to other games with a lot more noise (like Dead Rising 4 or Rise of the Tomb Raider, Inside, etc...). I guess Rise is its own aninmal in terms of being a bad idea but I know with Dead Rising 4 and Inside we found out really really quick that those games would eventually come to PS4.

Personally I am really really annoyed that the timed exclusivity is secret for Crash.

And actually we don't even really know at this point. Just speculating.

Fuck, why the he'll aren't Activision just coming out and saying whether or not this is timed exclusive or not? Just spit it out for goodness sake. Where are the journalists that should be asking Activision this question?

Magwik

Banned
Man it feels to me like there's been no backlash at all with the way this game has been handled. It's a game for which the timed exclusivity has been kept secret and I've seen this happent other games with a lot more noise (like Dead Rising 4 or Rise of the Tomb Raider). Personally I am really really annoyed that the timed exclusivity is secret.

Fuck, why the he'll aren't Activision just coming out and saying whether or not this is timed exclusive or not? Just spit it out for goodness sake. Where are the journalists that should be asking Activision this question?
Seems like an even shittier version of Neir on PC not being acknowledged until the day of release essentially.

The best guess is Sony $$$$

Seems like an even shittier version of Neir on PC not being acknowledged until the day of release essentially.

The best guess is Sony $$$$
Reminds me of how Diablo 3 wasn't confirmed for Xbox one until close to release. These tactics for console sales are disgusting and should not be accepted

blakep267

Man it feels to me like there's been no backlash at all with the way this game has been handled. It's a game for which the timed exclusivity has been kept secret and I've seen this happen to other games with a lot more noise (like Dead Rising 4 or Rise of the Tomb Raider, Inside, etc...). I guess Rise is its own aninmal in terms of being a bad idea but I know with Dead Rising 4 and Inside we found out really really quick that those games would eventually come to PS4.

Personally I am really really annoyed that the timed exclusivity is secret for Crash.

Well ya see, people are hypocrites

Kilau

Man it feels to me like there's been no backlash at all with the way this game has been handled. It's a game for which the timed exclusivity has been kept secret and I've seen this happen to other games with a lot more noise (like Dead Rising 4 or Rise of the Tomb Raider, Inside, etc...). I guess Rise is its own best in terms of being a bad idea but I know with Dead Rising 4 and Inside we found out really really quick that those games would eventually come to PS4.

Personally I am really really annoyed that the timed exclusivity is secret for Crash. M

Well Tomb Raider at least isn't an apples to apples comparison. These crash games are remakes of PS1 games not the new game in a long running multiplatform series.

Not to defend how this has been handled, because it sucks, it just doesn't seem the same to me.

BroBot

Guys just think of this as a funding for Spyro!!! PC/Xbone funds are probably going straight toward a Spyro remake!

I haven't been keeping up with all this but i simply presumed it was releasing on other platforms this holiday.
What with the new updated crash being in skylanders and being popular on wii u and xbox.
I had no idea this was still being kept a secret but i'm guessing it's due to a contract with sony which is only fair i guess given the trilogy origins are so tied with playstation but it's good to see it coming to other platforms.
Hope it sells well so we might see the developers try their own original platform game with the experience and the funds to back them up.

The God

Neither Sony or Acti have been using the word "exclusive"

You already have your answer

AHA-Lambda

giphy.gif

Why would the Xbox port show the ps1 memory card?

cos it doesn't matter?
There's no PS branding on it, so no one at any corporate level is going to raise an eyebrow.

There have been late PC ports from PS platforms that still have PS elements in them (e.g. the new PC port of Danganronpa UDG has PSVita references in it)

i'm not shocked, just disappointed

Umm...why?? =/

Pretty obvious x more obvious after the huge success it's had since releasing

The years and years of people wanting Crash had the price high and Sony wasn't going to pay for that to have it be exclusive or own the property

Activision loves money, the price was too much

Expect switch x Xbox one x pc by the end of the year

13ruce

Banned
There's a portrait with Nathan Drake on it in Crash 3. Wonder what would replace it if it went multi-platform.

Uncharted 4 is why i bought the remaster no kidding i found that little gameplay segment very fun in that game. And a pretty neat way to reference the crash games. Never played the ps1 games ever before.

mortal

Gold Member
Video game gets ported to video game console, more people are now able to enjoy said video game.

Crash hasn't been a Sony IP since CTR on PS1.

LiamExe

Who cares? I didn't see anyone complaining about the GameCube being present in Resident Evil HD
resident-evil-2.jpg

The HD ports modified the image slightly so it was more of a vague looking machine and not directly tied to the Gamecube design.

This is what it looked like originally:

Though it was quite a small touch-up. I could see them doing some small edits here and there in the same style if porting it over to other platforms so it looks more like a generic device than a memory card.

Jawmuncher

It doesn't even have Exclusive on the box. Stuff like the memory card and Nathan Drake can easily be swapped out. Hell they probably already have the other versions done and are just sitting on them.

Don't @ me. I got the game on PS4 and already beat it.

Lorul2

Its not. No one ever said it was ever exclusive ever in the year between the reveal and release

/chapter.

who wants it to be exclusive?

I mean

• Nobody ever called it an exclusive. Ever.
  • Except for PSIreland twitter that deleted their tweet minutes later again
  • A PR spokesperson avoided answering wether it is exclsuvie or not when asked in favor of saying "It's going to release on Playstation 4 in June"
  • The marketing of this game has always been using 60FPS footage, despite PS4 and PS4Pro rendering it at 30FPS
  • Now the UI artist uploaded a version with xbox prompts.

Do we really need more evidence lol?

bandicam%2B2017-07-29%2B19-18-05-731.jpg

Just saying...

Fuchsdh

I want this to be true, just because that makes it slightly more likely if we get a Spyro 1-3 remaster it ends up on Xbox too.

FZW

there's been a Crash game on every Xbox console so it makes sense. What doesnt make sense is why is this a secret?

Top Bottom