• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UI artist of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy posts video with Xbox prompts - mildshock.gif

Zubz

Banned
Guess all those port beg bans might feel somewhat vindicated knowing this is going multiplatform. I might double-dip for a Switch version, myself.

Head.spawn

Guess all those port beg bans might feel somewhat vindicated knowing this is going multiplatform. I might double-dip for a Switch version, myself.

People got banned over Crash?

Even after we had the thread here a while ago where PS4 Twitter at first said it was exclusive, then deleted that statement and made a clear statement saying that it's just "coming to PS4 and PS4 Pro first" or something along those lines?

There was even a release date leak a few months back (Dec 8th).

The vast majority of PC games post-XB1 release have used Xbox One button icons if using an Xbox controller.

Agreed, but even if these particular screens are from the PC version, it shows that a version or versions are being held back; which has long been the rumor since right after it was announced.

LAA

It's clear it's not going to be exclusive...
Anyone notice the "only on PlayStation" banner missing on the box?

Surprised Activision went along with the "act" really. Seemingly told to not mention it'll be on other platforms and Sony themselves have been contradicting and vague on its exclusivity status, certainly wanted to create an image Crash is a PS thing and they succeeded really.

Seeing a lot of people bring up the PS1 memory card. I really don't think it would be a problem having that on other platforms. The XBLA ports of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie have a Gameboy and N64 in them.

1 year exclusivity.
This thing is Goldeneye Wii all over again.
"Nintendo own the original game on N64, games release on Wii only. 1 year later, day for day, it gets released on PS360"

Surprised Activision went along with the "act" really. Seemingly told to not mention it'll be on other platforms and Sony themselves have been contradicting and vague on its exclusivity status, certainly wanted to create an image Crash is a PS thing and they succeeded really.

You're surprised they held their end of the bargain?

As I said, it's not a first AT ALL for Activision.
This is 100% like Goldeneye Wii:
-Classic video game, tied to a console identity, owned by a first party
-Gets a remake by Activision, timed exclusive for a year

AHA-Lambda

Personally speaking, i know Crash was created with the Playstation in mind. They wanted for him to become the official mascot, personally speaking i cannot disassociate the OG Crash games and Playstation. Seeing them on a non-Playstation console seems borderline sacrilegious to me... i'd have no beef if we were talking about the sup-par sequels though.

Oh for the love of... >_>

Personally speaking, i know Crash was created with the Playstation in mind. They wanted for him to become the official mascot, personally speaking i cannot disassociate the OG Crash games and Playstation. Seeing them on a non-Playstation console seems borderline sacrilegious to me... i'd have no beef if we were talking about the sup-par sequels though.

It's nearly a religion at this point.

Mohasus

The bumpers are depicted as Xbox One style instead of 360 style. Unless representing icons with the XB1 versions instead of the 360 versions have become more common place on PC these days?

They have, mostly because 360 versions aren't made anymore so it is easier to reuse those icons for the PC version.

It was crystal clear that the one version is coming the day it got released on PS4. It's published by Activision and there is no Sony mentioning anywhere.

The bumpers are depicted as Xbox One style instead of 360 style. Unless representing icons with the XB1 versions instead of the 360 versions have become more common place on PC these days?

XB1 inputs are pretty standard across PC now. At least for the menu and home buttons or whatever they're called

Be good to see Crash get some more love, add to that Activision money pile lol. Can't imagine it would have as much backing as the PS4 version did though, what with Crash historically being a PlayStation franchise.

Nevasleep

I wonder if they will overstock this time, past performance may not be indicative of future results. Although until last month (finally got a PS4), I would have been getting it for XB1.

After the sales Activision saw from just putting this on PS4, and Sony not clinching any exclusivity rights, it makes sense to push this to Xbox. More people playing, the more chance we get a fucking CTR remaster.

YEAH YOU HEARD ME. I give up all PlayStation fanboy rights and submit them to the god of gaming in order to get me a sweet, sweet Crash Team Racing remaster.

PLEASE JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN VV.

Nev

Banned
I personally can't wait to play this at 60fps and 2017 load times on my laptop.

Good for the 13 potential Xone buyers too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
After the sales Activision saw from just putting this on PS4, and Sony not clinching any exclusivity rights, it makes sense to push this to Xbox. More people playing, the more chance we get a fucking CTR remaster.

YEAH YOU HEARD ME. I give up all PlayStation fanboy rights and submit them to the god of gaming in order to get me a sweet, sweet Crash Team Racing remaster.

PLEASE JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN VV.

The commercial performance of the non-PS4 versions won't inform the decision of whether to remake CTR. That ball is actually in Sony's court as the original is the one and only Crash game it owns.

black070

Perhaps like other games which launch late on other platforms because of some exclusivity crap.

Probably, paid for timed exclusivity sucks. The standalone release for Modern Warfare Remastered was 30 days timed exclusive too which was mindnumblingly stupid.

c0de

Probably, paid for timed exclusivity sucks. The standalone release for Modern Warfare Remastered was 30 days timed exclusive too which was mindnumblingly stupid.

Given the market situation one might wonder why Sony even does this.

Top Bottom