• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UI artist of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy posts video with Xbox prompts - mildshock.gif

Lorul2

Some random Youtuber is evidence - what...

Helping fellow Gaffers realize what they post can come back to haunt them..

What was said:

(in case you missed it the first time.)

Its not. No one ever said it was ever exclusive ever in the year between the reveal and release

/chapter.

who wants it to be exclusive?

I mean

• Nobody ever called it an exclusive. Ever.
  • Except for PSIreland twitter that deleted their tweet minutes later again
  • A PR spokesperson avoided answering wether it is exclsuvie or not when asked in favor of saying "It's going to release on Playstation 4 in June"
  • The marketing of this game has always been using 60FPS footage, despite PS4 and PS4Pro rendering it at 30FPS
  • Now the UI artist uploaded a version with xbox prompts.

Do we really need more evidence lol?

Hektor

What was said:

It should've been rather self explanatory that these statements were made in regards to the games marketing

A memory card is nothing. How many console games use a floppy disk as a save logo despite not being compatible? There's no hiding that this is a remake of an original PlayStation game from 20 years ago. A lot of current Xbox players had PS1. It's not like the memory card has the PS logo on it. It's a nice touch to pull the same nostalgic strings, no matter the platform.

Why would the Xbox port show the ps1 memory card?

Could it be that some Xbox owners used to own PS1 consoles in a generation where there was no Xbox consoles...
n8VZXgx-_reasonably_small.jpg

What was said:

I don't think any of the posters claimed that literally no one in the world ever said the game was gonna be exclusive. Do we have to point out the obvious?

pixelation

why do people want it to be exclusive...

Personally speaking, i know Crash was created with the Playstation in mind. They wanted for him to become the official mascot, personally speaking i cannot disassociate the OG Crash games and Playstation. Seeing them on a non-Playstation console seems borderline sacrilegious to me... i'd have no beef if we were talking about the sup-par sequels though.

Loris146

Not surprised. I think they will port the game to Xbox and PC, maybe even Switch down the road. Oh the game will bomb extremely hard on Xbox.

So someone writes something on GAF and "we" are suppose to "understand" we cant take what they write literally?

laughter.gif

Are you being willfully dense right now or you honestly don't get it? That was not part of their point at all. No one who's actually related to the game (marketing team, PR, developer or other) has come out and said the game is exclusive. No one wondered if some rando on the internet jumped to conclusions and thought the game is exclusive.

Beep boop, robot logic.

I wonder how this will sell on Xbox.
I feel that everyone who owns both consoles got it on PS4 already. But I bet there are people with just an Xbox One who are looking forward to this!

Personally speaking, i know Crash was created with the Playstation in mind. They wanted for him to become the official mascot, personally speaking i cannot disassociate the OG Crash games and Playstation. Seeing them on a non-Playstation console seems borderline sacrilegious to me... i'd have no beef if we were talking about the sup-par sequels though.
Now you know how Tomb Raider fans felt seeing their pure waifu on the filthy Playstation instead of the Saturn, her natural habitat.

Montresor

I wonder how this will sell on Xbox.
I feel that everyone who owns both consoles got it on PS4 already. But I bet there are people with just an Xbox One who are looking forward to this!

*raises hand*

I'm going to buy the hell out of this game on Xbox. And depending on how late it releases, play it on the XB1X.

I used to love playing Crash Bandicoot 1 on the original PSX.

Edit: That's if it even comes out on Xbox lol... I mean... there's no confirmation of everything. Just speculation. :/

borges

Banned

Stupid thinking.
Its just anecdotical, but I owned a PS1, and now Im Xbox only. Heretics are allowed to use it?

blakep267

there's been a Crash game on every Xbox console so it makes sense. What doesnt make sense is why is this a secret?
Well it's probably a timed exclusivity deal. It wouldn't be the first time a game coming to other platforms wasn't acknowledged. Also I didn't see any major gaming outlets asking tbh. Microsoft and Rise of the tomb raider was asked about almost immediately. If nobody would've cared to ask, I doubt They would've willfully come out and said it's coming to other platforms

Neith

Banned
Watch this release on Xone X with 4K and there will be more than mild shock from PS4 fans LOL.

I would still pick this up on PC though.

I myself will be pissed if other versions have 60FPS without the Pro doing it. I would be more than pissed.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So someone writes something on GAF and "we" are suppose to "understand" we cant take what they write literally?

laughter.gif

Dude you are probably the only one who don't understand what those posters mean. Don't fight the losing battle.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Still surprised people think this was going to be exclusive when it has never been publicly said by Sony or Activision.

There'll be no announcements. It'll just show up in stores one day.

Top Bottom