• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UI artist of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy posts video with Xbox prompts - mildshock.gif

Caayn

That's what myself and others were stating. Why not just come out and say one way or the other?
pick one:
- Sony paid Acti to keep their mouth shut about non-Playstation versions.
- Multiple people fucked up (PR folks, Marketing somehow had a non-existent 60fps version, UI artist fucked up by accidentally releasing footage with incorrect models, etc.)
- Sony paid (resources) for full exclusivity.

Anyhow; With this title "Sony is clear about game exclusivity" nonsense we had a while a go goes out the window.

A) The game is full exclusive and a Sony higher up should've confirmed it.
B) The game is not an exclusive and Sony has been dishonest with us about the exclusivity of the game.

SNURB

I think it's the default setting for the Alchemy engine, I don't know if it's any proof for an Xbox port then again I could be wrong.

How do you know that?

And even if that's true, unless they paid for like half of the budget, their push for Activision to do Crash again is just that. A push. I actually agree that's a just a bit anti-consumer to not clearly state that it is or isn't exclusive.

The game director Dan Tanguay went on to say numerous times that Activision and Sony made a deal and reached out to VV to handle the remakes. You can find it in essentially every interview involving N. Sane.

They're also acknowledged in the credits (8:06 mark):
https://youtu.be/FPn-ZRFfFpk

I wonder if there was a "sales level agreement" with exclusivity.

If the game manages to sell a certain number of copies, it wouldn't come to other platforms.

RoTTR was going to happen either way. This wasn't. Sony was involved in this existing.

Simple as that, really.

Proof? Sounds like tales from your ass. Notice you never really refute the points I throw at you, because you cannot.

Edit: I see people already said this to you lmao

It's gonna be funny if this actually is fully exclusive.

"Hahaha so funny muh exclusives lolol"

It's not going to be exclusive, so not sure why you would even say that.

Yeah haha people don't get to play a video game without spending $300 so funny!

Here is my 2 cents on the whole mess.

We know from interviews Sony was the one who went to activision and pitched the project. This isnt strange. First parties do this all the time even if its for multiplat games. Elder Scrolls Online is a example where Sony went to Bethesda and that got the ball rolling for console ports example.

We kinda know Sony/Naughty Dog still had some small stake in those first 3 games. Maybe Activison could have done something with them if they wanted but it would be a lot easier with a sign off from Sony.

In the end I guess Sony was willing to give up whatever stake they had and help out to get the project made in change they got a window of exclusivity which I am gonna assume is 6 months or 1 year.

Aspiring

I font care if it comes or not i own the game so yeah. But Sony Australias playstation facebook has numerous photos that state its console exclusive and they posted them days before and after the game launch.

M7jPDxK.jpg

sPSMO4S.jpg

thelastword

Banned
This is a SONY pitched project. I can see PC getting it sometime later after crash has sold gangbusters and saturated on PS4, but certainly not before, Also, CTR is coming and we know that XBOX has no chance of getting CTR.

Fj0823

It's not exclusive, it's not coming to Xbox.

This looks like a SFV situation were Sony is cool with it being on PC, maybe Switch too.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
There's no way in hell the N'Sane Trilogy is anything other than a PS4 exclusive. The bullet-proof reasons why are thus...

- the only successful Crash Bandicoot games are the ones that have been exclusive to PlayStation systems. This is a trend Activision have noticed and won't want to buck.

- there's an image of a PS1 memory card on the save menu.

- the official PlayStation Ireland profile on Twitter said it was exclusive.

- it's selling a boatload on the PS4 so it doesn't need to come to other platforms.

Guys, the more you start to believe the collection is coming to other platforms, the more you'll be disappointed when it doesn't. Let it go.

mXyupD1.gif

Dev builds running on pc typically use xbox controllers

I doubt they would bother with the button prompts for a dev build.

Sony doesn't own crash or any of its games

Activision loves money, Sony already paid them for destiny x call of duty DLC and have it plastered everywhere before its release
Had Sony paid for this to be exclusive you'd hear it already

PeterGAF

Banned
There's no way in hell the N'Sane Trilogy is anything other than a PS4 exclusive. The bullet-proof reasons why are thus...

- the only successful Crash Bandicoot games are the ones that have been exclusive to PlayStation systems. This is a trend Activision have noticed and won't want to buck.

- there's an image of a PS1 memory card on the save menu.

- the official PlayStation Ireland profile on Twitter said it was exclusive.

- it's selling a boatload on the PS4 so it doesn't need to come to other platforms.

Guys, the more you start to believe the collection is coming to other platforms, the more you'll be disappointed when it doesn't. Let it go.
This is actually the dumbest argument for why the game won't appear on Xbox. You're really grasping for straws if this is what you're thinking. A lot of people have already pointed it out, but in Banjo Kazooie there is a gameboy.

Your other arguments are pretty bad too. Especially the one about Activision noticing that the only good crash games have been PS exclusive (lol). But the bolded one is just dumb and shows a lack of knowledge on the subject.

I hope this is a troll post. If it is you got me.

xealo

This is a SONY pitched project. I can see PC getting it sometime later after crash has sold gangbusters and saturated on PS4, but certainly not before, Also, CTR is coming and we know that XBOX has no chance of getting CTR.

Sony does not own the IP to Crash anymore. What's far more likely is that there was a timed exclusive deal for releasing a remaster for PS4 first.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This is actually the dumbest argument for why the game won't appear on Xbox. You're really grasping for straws if this is what you're thinking. A lot of people have already pointed it out, but in Banjo Kazooie there is a gameboy.

No, the dumbest argument by a country mile and the reason I want to believe that was a troll post is that it sold well on PS4, so there's no point in releasing it anywhere else

freefornow

I font care if it comes or not i own the game so yeah. But Sony Australias playstation facebook has numerous photos that state its console exclusive and they posted them days before and after the game launch.

I still find it interesting that there is no mention of this on the retail game cover. My AU copy doesnt have this branding at all. Not even "Only on Playstation" printed on the blue header.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is a SONY pitched project.

That Sony convinced Acti to greenlight remakes doesn't mean anything as far as potential future platforms are concerned, and Acti, being one of the largest and most successful publishers in the world, wouldn't accept a bag of cash for temporary exclusivity with the caveat that Sony has a say where the game can go after [x amount of time]. That would mean Acti loses some control over its own product, that exists within its own IP, to a third party; it has absolutely no reason to agree to such a condition (and, indeed, has yet to do so).

It's not exclusive, it's not coming to Xbox.

This looks like a SFV situation were Sony is cool with it being on PC, maybe Switch too.

It looks like a traditional temporary exclusivity deal from where I'm sitting. In addition to what I said just above, the remakes are of Acti-owned games, were developed by an Acti-owned studio, belong to an Acti-owned IP and were published by Acti. I'd say the Switch is more likely to miss out than the X1 simply by virtue of it being a platform that Acti has thus far expressed exactly zero interest in outside of Skylanders.

Sony doesn't own crash or any of its games.

Actually, Sony does own CTR. A remake would most definitely be a hard exclusive.

So PC then.

I wouldn't place much stock in that as the messaging hasn't exactly been consistent. PlayStation IE's correction merely says "coming to PS4 and PS4 Pro first" rather than something more definitive, for instance.

I'll be more than happy to "eat crow" if the X1 completely misses out when the inevitable multiplatform announcement is made (when I'm wrong, I'm wrong and don't shy away from admitting it), but I remain confident that won't happen. Acti has never been one to arbitrarily give up control over one of its products, with the obvious quasi-exception of accepting temporary exclusivity offers.

Aspiring

I still find it interesting that there is no mention of this on the retail game cover. My AU copy doesnt have this branding at all. Not even "Only on Playstation" printed on the blue header.

Mine is the same. Ita just something i noticed on their facebook. In pretty sure people asked on the photos as well but of course no answer.

And you would assume as they posted this when the game was out that they would know if it was console exclusive or not.

DrkSage

M7jPDxK.jpg

sPSMO4S.jpg

This is why I have ignored this thread. It's like... people forget you can use console controllers on PC :eek: ..... and that they have to add different button layouts for you pad of choice :eek:....

If this changes then I'll gladly eat crow

No, he's not.

The massive outcry that occurred with RoTTR is mysteriously absent in this case despite this being a more disgusting, anti-consumer case.
I think the reason why RoTTR had such a massive outcry was because it was a sequel to a long running series that had always released on Sony platforms. Crash 1-3 are remasters of games that have never released on a Microsoft platform.

So I'm not sure why you say it's "more disgusting". It's two completely different scenarios.

daman824

I think the reason why RoTTR had such a massive outcry was because it was a sequel to a long running series that had always released on Sony platforms. Crash 1-3 are remasters of games that have never released on a Microsoft platform.

So I'm not sure why you say it's "more disgusting". It's two completely different scenarios.
Didn't titanfall get crazy backlash too?

Chris1

Didn't titanfall get crazy backlash too?
I remember a lot of backlash over Titanfall's exclusivity.

Sunset Overdrive had a little backlash too I think but IIRC that was more about the developer than the game itself (and was also nowhere near to the extreme those 2 were)

If you would have bothered to keep reading, you'd see I explained my post in full, and even had people quote me agreeing because it's not even a contest.

What you think doesn't mean anything, because this isn't the only time an Xbox exclusive received backlash for not releasing on PS4 (like the guy posting below you coincidentally said). The other way around, though? You hear a ton less noise from Xbox fans, ESPECIALLY here on NeoGAF.

Chris1

The interesting thing about the Titanfall situation is that Respawn found out around the same time as everybody else. That must mean there's a virtually complete PS3 version gathering digital dust.

The game was always timed exclusive tho. The backlash came way before it was perm exclusive which was like a month from launch, and to be fair, MS pretty much saved the game and funded a large part of it, I'm more surprised it wasn't permanent in the first place. I could be wrong but I don't think there's a PS3/PS4 version out there, just that it could have came to it after launch (they would have ported it once they got XB1 out there - you have to remember Respawn was a team of like 60 people back then)

Regardless I have a hard time believing the CEO of a company didn't know anything about a lifetime exclusive deal was going on until they announced it publicly. I mean they went back to EA yet again for Titanfall 2 and even doubled down on their partnership with the Star Wars game, not something you usually do when they supposedly just fucked you over. I honestly think that was just him attempting to save face. Wether he wanted it or not is another matter but I call bullshit on him knowing nothing about it until it was made public.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The game was always timed exclusive tho.

Yeah, I know and have clarified as much. I did read the tweet I linked to. ;)

I mean they went back to EA yet again for Titanfall 2 and even doubled down on their partnership with the Star Wars game, not something you usually do when they supposedly just fucked you over.

Well, I'd imagine EA has right of first refusal on Titanfall sequels, and there being no exclusivity shenanigans with Titanfall 2 likely played a part in Respawn accepting a Star Wars gig it could have passed on. Better to attempt to repair a bridge than let it burn, especially when you're independent.

If you would have bothered to keep reading, you'd see I explained my post in full, and even had people quote me agreeing because it's not even a contest.

What you think doesn't mean anything, because this isn't the only time an Xbox exclusive received backlash for not releasing on PS4 (like the guy posting below you coincidentally said). The other way around, though? You hear a ton less noise from Xbox fans, ESPECIALLY here on NeoGAF.
I did read the rest of your post and I agree that it's shitty how people are treating you and others for wanting Crash to release on your preferred platform. I was simply pointing out the fact that the Tomb Raider and Crash situations aren't comparable.

Man you can really tell when people are hurt by past antics on this forum. The fact that the ROTR situation is STILL brought up years later and compared to every timed exclusive situation is hilarious.

I should bring up Lego City Undercover. Nintendo fully worked on that, yet it eventually got ported. Anything's possible.

Note Nintendo wasn't in the copyright (they are for Bayonetta 2 FYI), same as here where Sony isn't in the copyright in the Crash trilogy.

Man you can really tell when people are hurt by past antics on this forum. The fact that the ROTR situation is STILL brought up years later and compared to every timed exclusive situation is hilarious.
ROTR should be how all fans react to garbage anti consumer situations. It should be the standard. Especially ambiguous exclusives like this garbage which forces people to potentially spend money on another console for no reason

ROTR should be how all fans react to garbage anti consumer situations. It should be the standard. Especially ambiguous exclusives like this garbage which forces people to potentially spend money on another console for no reason
I personally get amused when people demand the forum to act a certain way based on their preferences. Never gonna happen.

I did read the rest of your post and I agree that it's shitty how people are treating you and others for wanting Crash to release on your preferred platform. I was simply pointing out the fact that the Tomb Raider and Crash situations aren't comparable.

Eh, I'll take it, but FYI at the bolded, I never said it was my preferred platform even in the slightest. My preferred platform is the NS and I doubt it'll even see the light of day on there.

ROTR should be how all fans react to garbage anti consumer situations. It should be the standard.
It's a pity people weren't this mad when Sony moneyhatted the Tomb Raider series, which started on Saturn, and made the entire series a timed exclusive (PC notwithstanding) until 2000.

Purest 78

I would think unless A person is strictly a PC gamer. The high majority of people that would be interested in crash likely own a ps4. Considering the game is synonymous with the PS brand. It would be interesting to see how many copies would sell on X1.

Top Bottom