• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UI artist of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy posts video with Xbox prompts - mildshock.gif

So much truth in this post. I said something similar earlier in the thread too. The fact that there isn't a campaign on Twitter or on journalist web sites tells me two things:

1) Xbox fans aren't as passionate about anti-consumer stuff as other fanbases (which is really not a good thing).

2) Other fanbases don't give a shit about something being anti-consumer in general - the only thing that matters is whether or not the game is coming to their console of choice.

Which could explain why the passion against Rise's deal is nowhere to be found with Crash. The people who cried about Rise don't necessarily care if something is anti-consumer - they just wanted the game on their platform.

So because of this it looks like Sony is going to get a huuuuuuge pass on these shenanigans. Crash is a de facto secret timed exclusive and no one is going to make any noise about it. The blame falls on both sides I guess. The hypocrites on one end and the Xbox fanbase on the other end.

I'm not seeing how Sony persuading Acitvision to create new remakes old Playstation classics is somehow anti-consumer. It's not as if Activision have been doing much with Crash over the last five years.

I see it more as Activision raising a trial balloon and taking advantage of Playstation nostalgia and it seems to have worked. They still had the option of a muitiplatform release if it was a big success, and could quietly forget it if it flopped. Taking this approach it's gone about as well as it could have done, Crash is a topic of conversation and an IP they can do something with again.

A single platform release is a valid tactic, especially where the game has close associations with that platform, and a pretty good way to revive an IP. We've certainly moved on from the days where no one liked it as it was never any good.

No, he's not.

The massive outcry that occurred with RoTTR is mysteriously absent in this case despite this being a more disgusting, anti-consumer case.
67b.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
There's no way in hell the N'Sane Trilogy is anything other than a PS4 exclusive. The bullet-proof reasons why are thus...

- the only successful Crash Bandicoot games are the ones that have been exclusive to PlayStation systems. This is a trend Activision have noticed and won't want to buck.

- there's an image of a PS1 memory card on the save menu.

- the official PlayStation Ireland profile on Twitter said it was exclusive.

- it's selling a boatload on the PS4 so it doesn't need to come to other platforms.

Guys, the more you start to believe the collection is coming to other platforms, the more you'll be disappointed when it doesn't. Let it go.

You realize that most of what you said doesn't even remotely matter, right?

The memory card thing has already been proven to be completely irrelevant.

And it's selling well on one system so it doesn't need to come to others? Brilliant logic there.

Caayn

You realize that most of what you said doesn't even remotely matter, right?

The memory card thing has already been proven to be completely irrelevant.

And it's selling well on one system so it doesn't need to come to others? Brilliant logic there.
The joke went over your head
At least I hope
. Those were all arguments used in this or previous threads as to why this game would remain exclusive.

VDenter

Banned
There's no way in hell the N'Sane Trilogy is anything other than a PS4 exclusive. The bullet-proof reasons why are thus...

- the only successful Crash Bandicoot games are the ones that have been exclusive to PlayStation systems. This is a trend Activision have noticed and won't want to buck.

- it's selling a boatload on the PS4 so it doesn't need to come to other platforms.

Guys, the more you start to believe the collection is coming to other platforms, the more you'll be disappointed when it doesn't. Let it go.

- Why should people let it go when it is obviously coming?

- The fact that it has been selling well is precisely why it will come to other platforms.

- Twitter account saying it is exclusive is not a confirmation at all.

- The memory card can easily be changed by the time the game launches on other platforms. Even if it does not it can still appear on other platforms. Not a issue at all.

- Whether or not the N sane trilogy is successful on other platforms remains to be seen. There is no reason from a business perspective to give it a shot. Previous games have no bearing on its success.

c0de

Now I really hope it will be released on everything that is able to compute.

CHC

So it's going to retroactively go back in time and do poorly if they port it to other systems? The game is already a big success. What you're saying doesn't even make sense.... games that do well get more version when possible. Look at Rocket League, Minecraft, Terreria, etc.

There are tons of people who A) don't have a PS4, B) would prioritize their purchase of the trilogy more if it came out on their preferred platform, or C) would double dip.

Feorax

There are people on both sides of the argument in this thread that are coming off as complete nut jobs.

I mean, remember the time when no one wanted Crash and the remakes were destined to be complete failures because nostalgia? Simpler times.

There are people on both sides of the argument in this thread that are coming off as complete nut jobs.

I mean, remember the time when no one wanted Crash and the remakes were destined to be complete failures because nostalgia? Simpler times.

Yuuuuuup!

So is it only gonna be Xbox 1 or PC and Switch as well?

Xbox One and PC surely. Switch you never know with 3rd parties... But you'd think a game like this would do very well on Switch.

lmao.

Do tell.

Cherry-picking and choosing what to quote as we move them goal posts, eh? Sure, I'll bite.

RoTTR was announced for PS4 shortly after the whole Xbox exclusivity thing (which, btw, MS published WW), and people still to this day give Phil shit about being sly about announcing timed exclusivity. Even after we knew it was coming to PS4, you had the Xbox timed exclusivity getting shitted on from great heights, especially here on Neogaf, for months. People said it was traditionally a PlayStation franchise, so this was blasphemous. When confronted with the fact that the original game was multiplatform and Sony struck a deal (read: $$$) to keep the game away from Sega fans (and thereafter the sequels), that was played down because it's the past.

Here, we have a game that everyone knows for a multitude of reasons that it isn't exclusive. I'm not going to get into that because unless you wear tinted shades, you know what they are. Now, because of a financial deal that solely benefits Sony and their shareholders, the questions about what platforms will this come to and when will it come are always avoided, but at the same time you can see in media there is some clause at hand, such as, but not limited to:

• Ireland Twitter saying it's exclusive, the deleting the tweet and apologizing
  • Various videos being taken down
  • Various signage that say "only on PlayStation," "PlayStation console exclusive," or "one year exclusive (Best Buy) being taken down

People that played the originals in their childhood are actively buying PS4's for this game, hence the reason Sony has a bundle with it. Other people who can't afford a PS4 or prefer other systems are getting screwed over, and we can't even get a definitive answer as to if the game will be released elsewhere, even though we know it's coming. When it releases (if retailers are to be believed, in December) for other platforms, it's going to get dwarfed by other games releasing at the same time, and people that really wanted to play it will have already purchased a PS4(if they can) to play it.

I said that is more anti-consumer that RoTTR, and it is. Waiting for you to prove me wrong.

Magwik

Banned
So is it only gonna be Xbox 1 or PC and Switch as well?

X1 and PC are pretty much a lock.
They might have green lighted a Switch port the second they saw how well it could do on the system.
Cherry-picking and choosing what to quote as we move them goal posts, eh? Sure, I'll bite.

RoTTR was announced for PS4 shortly after the whole Xbox exclusivity thing (which, btw, MS published WW), and people still to this day give Phil shit about being sly about announcing timed exclusivity. Even after we knew it was coming to PS4, you had the Xbox timed exclusivity getting shitted on from great heights, especially here on Neogaf, for months. People said it was traditionally a PlayStation franchise, so this was blasphemous. When confronted with the fact that the original game was multiplatform and Sony struck a deal (read: $$$) to keep the game away from Sega fans (and thereafter the sequels), that was played down because it's the past.

Here, we have a game that everyone knows for a multitude of reasons that it isn't exclusive. I'm not going to get into that because unless you wear tinted shades, you know what they are. Now, because of a financial deal that solely benefits Sony and their shareholders, the questions about what platforms will this come to and when will it come are always avoided, but at the same time you can see in media there is some clause at hand, such as, but not limited to:

• Ireland Twitter saying it's exclusive, the deleting the tweet and apologizing
  • Various videos being taken down
  • Various signage that say "only on PlayStation," "PlayStation console exclusive," or "one year exclusive (Best Buy) being taken down

People that played the originals in their childhood are actively buying PS4's for this game, hence the reason Sony has a bundle with it. Other people who can't afford a PS4 or prefer other systems are getting screwed over, and we can't even get a definitive answer as to if the game will be released elsewhere, even though we know it's coming. When it releases (if retailers are to be believed, in December) for other platforms, it's going to get dwarfed by other games releasing at the same time, and people that really wanted to play it will have already purchased a PS4(if they can) to play it.

I said that is more anti-consumer that RoTTR, and it is. Waiting for you to prove me wrong.

It shouldn't even be a debate.
Not letting customers know the game is coming to other platforms is much worse than telling them it is.
Like come on.

TP-DK

What are you guys doing in here in this thread? You should be out demonstrating in the streets, infront of Activisions building, infront of Sonys building, infront of the developers building, infront of their homes!

Someone needs to answer for this,cant they see that gamers feelings and lives are being ruined by this!

Companies should always tell us about all their plans no matter how far away in the future they are. So that might mean games will be revealed way too early, but no gamer have ever complained about that.

borges

Banned

I have two wonderful news for you:

- Its coming to Xbox
- One X version is going to be best version

illK6U.gif

ZeoVGM

Banned

RoTTR was going to happen either way. This wasn't. Sony was involved in this existing.

Simple as that, really.

Calling this "anti-consumer" is ridiculous hyperbole. Relax. You're making this into way too big of a deal than it is.

blakep267

I'm not seeing how Sony persuading Acitvision to create new remakes old Playstation classics is somehow anti-consumer. It's not as if Activision have been doing much with Crash over the last five years.

I see it more as Activision raising a trial balloon and taking advantage of Playstation nostalgia and it seems to have worked. They still had the option of a muitiplatform release if it was a big success, and could quietly forget it if it flopped. Taking this approach it's gone about as well as it could have done, Crash is a topic of conversation and an IP they can do something with again.

A single platform release is a valid tactic, especially where the game has close associations with that platform, and a pretty good way to revive an IP. We've certainly moved on from the days where no one liked it as it was never any good.
Activision isn't a small publisher at all. The only reason EA acti etc release exclusive games are deals. They don't need to test waters as they've seen the classics have been doing well

Solrac

get over, it gonna be released even on the original game boy...sony once again tricked us, now wait for the yakuza, persona, and maybe nioh coming to the pc and we had only a couple real exclusive this year... disgusting

ZeoVGM

Banned
get over, it gonna be released even on the original game boy...sony once again tricked us, now wait for the yakuza, persona, and maybe nioh coming to the pc and we had only a couple real exclusive this year... disgusting

I can't tell if some of these posts are satire at this point.

Like, this might be satire but you also might be responding to satire.

The world is a crazy place these days.

RoTTR was going to happen either way. This wasn't. Sony was involved in this existing.

Simple as that, really.

Calling this "anti-consumer" is ridiculous hyperbole. Relax. You're making this into way too big of a deal than it is.

How do you know that?

And even if that's true, unless they paid for like half of the budget, their push for Activision to do Crash again is just that. A push. I actually agree that's a just a bit anti-consumer to not clearly state that it is or isn't exclusive.

AHA-Lambda

Please tell me this is a joke post cos all of those reasons are terrible

blakep267

Regarding 1) Xbox fans are just not a big user base to have their voice known, many probably are not Xbox fans after the xbone reveal. Even here when you try to voice the concern or point out the hypocrisy you get shut down by condescending posts or so many gold medalists in mental gymnastics coming up with reasons as to why it's OK when Sony does it, so that never reaches a point that anyone has to address.

And it's not just about that game. Any game isn't announced for xbone. Fans complain everyone (who doesn't own an Xbox of course) is like: Bah, the game would never do any good on xbone anyway, just shut up.

Any game is announced for Xbox only and not a ps4 and the developer is making the mistake of their lives and the outrageous is so big that the developer eventually has to confirm the game will release on PS4.
yup. Like mention why any JRPG game isn't coming to Xbox and your told because it'll bomb and shut up. And then a game like Cuphead is exclusive and you have people in the "developers mortgaged their house" thread questioning the developers decision making and pretty much saying outright it'll bomb. not taking any other possibilities into account

Wamb0wneD

Yeah, pesky Sony making it more difficult for you to make list wars really is outrageous.
"Tricked us"..lmao.

David___

Banned
yup. Like mention why any JRPG game isn't coming to Xbox and your told because it'll bomb and shut up. And then a game like Cuphead is exclusive and you have people in the "developers mortgaged their house" thread questioning the developers decision making and pretty much saying outright it'll bomb. not taking any other possibilities into account

I'll give you the second point, but the first point is actually backed up by sales data one way or another. Add that to the fact people here, unless they have inside knowledge of what goes on in the companies, can't possibly know any other reason why JRPG x isnt releasing on the Xbox other than sales from other JRPGs + the minimum print MS requires, they just leave it at the most probable reasons

lol

cakely

There's still no official announcement of any other versions of the trilogy.

The game is selling really well on a single platform so like it or not, it looks like Sony and Activision made the correct choice.

Microsoft made a mistake by making an announcement at Gamescom 2014 that Rise of the Tomb Raider was going to be a timed exclusive. The announcement was greeted with backlash and criticism from both gamers and journalists, and the game went on to disappointing sales, probably from being released on the same week as Fallout 4.

Sony somehow managed to avoid all this, probably by not making a big deal out of exclusivity , offering a budget price, and not releasing it in the middle of a packed holiday season. I'm sure they're very pleased with how it all turned out.

Christ, this might be the most "but muh exclusives" thread ive ever seen. We all knew this was coming to other systems, and cool they are great games and not everyone who grew up with a ps1 decided to buy a ps4. And yes, lets not beat around the bush here, there is a double standard, more people own ps4's particularly on gaf, im sure it would be the same way if more people here owned xboxes and that was on top. There isnt a bias, its just more of the vocal
Minority own ps4's than xbox ones so when something skips that system or sony does something its not going to get called out as much as say a rise of the tomb raider scenario would

Christ, this might be the most "but muh exclusives" thread ive ever seen. We all knew this was coming to other systems, and cool they are great games and not everyone who grew up with a ps1 decided to buy a ps4. And yes, lets not beat around the bush here, there is a double standard, more people own ps4's particularly on gaf, im sure it would be the same way if more people here owned xboxes and that was on top. There isnt a bias, its just more of the vocal
Minority own ps4's than xbox ones so when something skips that system or sony does something its not going to get called out as much as say a rise of the tomb raider scenario would

I don't know why people get crazy about this kind of thing. If Sony suddenly announced tomorrow that they were releasing a legit port of TLoU on PC, many here would lose their fucking minds. Why? If you liked the game and already enjoyed it, what difference does it make? People pretend as if they can't enjoy something as much the moment it's no longer exclusive. I've seen it here on GAF many times. A game that was once exclusive to a platform goes elsewhere and you begin seeing stuff like "It wasn't as good as I remember" "I played it again recently and got bored after an hour. They can have it" "How old is this game? Who cares"

The butthurt just gets unreal. It's fucking video games. lol

Magwik

Banned
I don't know why people get crazy about this kind of thing. If Sony suddenly announced tomorrow that they were releasing a legit port of TLoU on PC, many here would lose their fucking minds. Why? If you liked the game and already enjoyed it, what difference does it make? People pretend as if they can't enjoy something as much the moment it's no longer exclusive. I've seen it here on GAF many times. A game that was once exclusive to a platform goes elsewhere and you begin seeing stuff like "It wasn't as good as I remember" "I played it again recently and got bored after an hour. They can have it" "How old is this game? Who cares"

The butthurt just gets unreal. It's fucking video games. lol
Console wars are serious business
How else are you supposed to feel Superior to your fellow nerds?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Why are so many Neogaf users incapable of realizing when a post is being sarcastic?

Sarcasm like this?

There are plenty of people who make ridiculous posts that should be sarcasm but aren't. Also, sarcasm doesn't always work well via text.

Maybe people should stop making "joke posts" instead of others having to figure out if it's serious or not.

Top Bottom