• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UI artist of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy posts video with Xbox prompts - mildshock.gif

Phoenixus

Having a lack of couch gaming time might actually pay off if this heads to a certain portable at some point. Otherwise I'll get around to it on PS4 eventually. :D

Switch or Vita I don't care, love Warped so damn much.

iskeledz

Banned
crash.jpg
They didn't print this banner for no reason. And yes, I know they later said it was a "mistake".

This trend of not releasing all versions at the same time needs to stop. I know it's paid exclusivity in this case, but come on. Everyone knows they have the PC version ready to ship (60 FPS trailers!), but they won't let us have it.

Rockstar is the worst when it comes to this (even though it's for a different reason). GTA V - buy it on PS3, buy it on PS4, buy it on PC. RDR2 is going to be the same (no PC version at release). Fuck that.

They didn't print this banner for no reason. And yes, I know they later said it was a "mistake".

This trend of not releasing all versions at the same time needs to stop. I know it's paid exclusivity in this case, but come on. Everyone knows they have the PC version ready to ship (60 FPS trailers!), but they won't let us have it.

Rockstar is the worst when it comes to this (even though it's for a different reason). GTA V - buy it on PS3, buy it on PS4, buy it on PC. RDR2 is going to be the same (no PC version at release). Fuck that.

I actually believe the year exclusivity is real. Basically the same as Goldeneye Wii.

Caayn

Well, that's nice. It's going to be odd seeing Crash on Steam, I've always seen it as an exclusive franchise.
Why? Only the PS1 games were exclusives. Everything after that was multiplatform.
Some of the people who swore their life to this game staying exclusive are now pretending that this news doesn't shock them.

Also, when RoTR was announced as exclusive for Xbox, a large part of the forum made a big fuss about it, spamming the devs and publishers with "we need clarity!! Is it a timer exclisive?? Be honest!!!" etc, pressuring even Phil Spencer into answering if RoTR would come to PS or not. If only I would have seen that passion for finding the answer for this game. Oh well, can't say I'm surprised.
Welcome to NeoGaf.

Sony

Nintendo
Some of the people who swore their life to this game staying exclusive are now pretending that this news doesn't shock them.

Also, when RoTR was announced as exclusive for Xbox, a large part of the forum made a big fuss about it, spamming the devs and publishers with "we need clarity!! Is it a timer exclisive?? Be honest!!!" etc, pressuring even Phil Spencer into answering if RoTR would come to PS or not. If only I would have seen that passion for finding the answer for this game. Oh well, can't say I'm surprised.

Stygr

Banned
Well, that's nice. It's going to be odd seeing Crash on Steam, I've always seen it as an exclusive franchise.

I think they will most likely release Crash N.Sane Trilogy on Battlenet if Destiny 2 will be a success.
Probably, even COD 2018 will be on Battlenet.

Truth.

Sponge

Banned
It's funny. I still have huge doubts this is going to get ported to the Switch, yet the Crash and Cortex Skylanders work on the Wii U and Switch versions of Imaginators.

tumblr_of8sarRgkT1s071aro1_1280.jpg

cortex-bowser.jpg

Solrac

i knew it...

sony should be ashamed, with all the revenue they are getting, why dont put some of that money to make this game exclusive...

Why is your username Sony, your tag Nintendo and your avatar Microsoft?

Dunkley

Cool looking forward to potentially play this on PC. Love the original Crash games and it'll be really interesting to play them with analogue controls.

But on that note I wonder, can you still use the D-Pad to play on the PS4 version?

Stygr

Banned
i knew it...

sony should be ashamed, with all the revenue they are getting, why dont put some of that money to make this game exclusive...

Lmao
Are you serious or what? Do you really think Activision will agree to keep Crash an exclusive title for PS4?

Wamb0wneD

There were looots of people yelling at others for entertaining the idea it might come to other consoles, especially at people who would want a Switch version.

"Everybody who thought this wasn't PS exclusive needs to eat crow!" as a mild example and other bs.

All those Sony drones from those other Crash threads. "muh exclusives"

Pathetic

Lmao exactly.

i knew it...

Yeah god help us if anybody but PS4 owners and rabid Sony fanboys would be able enjoy these games. The insanity!

Montresor

So much truth in this post. I said something similar earlier in the thread too. The fact that there isn't a campaign on Twitter or on journalist web sites tells me two things:

1) Xbox fans aren't as passionate about anti-consumer stuff as other fanbases (which is really not a good thing).

2) Other fanbases don't give a shit about something being anti-consumer in general - the only thing that matters is whether or not the game is coming to their console of choice.

Which could explain why the passion against Rise's deal is nowhere to be found with Crash. The people who cried about Rise don't necessarily care if something is anti-consumer - they just wanted the game on their platform.

So because of this it looks like Sony is going to get a huuuuuuge pass on these shenanigans. Crash is a de facto secret timed exclusive and no one is going to make any noise about it. The blame falls on both sides I guess. The hypocrites on one end and the Xbox fanbase on the other end.

Dynomutt

Idk but it's really annoying and anti consumer

But it's not anti profit lol I mean with Crash and that Summer Play initiative they did just have one heck of a June!

I'm really curious what this means for a CTR game which is a Sony property. Will Sony make their own game and can they with Activation owning the Crash name and characters or will they come to some compromise? I'm confused and excited!

ZeoVGM

Banned
So much truth in this post. I said something similar earlier in the thread too. The fact that there isn't a campaign on Twitter or on journalist web sites tells me two things:

1) Xbox fans aren't as passionate about anti-consumer stuff as other fanbases (which is really not a good thing).

2) Other fanbases don't give a shit about something being anti-consumer in general - the only thing that matters is whether or not the game is coming to their console of choice.

Which could explain why the passion against Rise's deal is nowhere to be found with Crash. The people who cried about Rise don't necessarily care if something is anti-consumer - they just wanted the game on their platform.

So because of this it looks like Sony is going to get a huuuuuuge pass on these shenanigans. Crash is a de facto secret timed exclusive and no one is going to make any noise about it. The blame falls on both sides I guess. The hypocrites on one end and the Xbox fanbase on the other end.

... What.

More games are always better, but I wouldn't buy this if it came to xbone. I didn't liked the originals that much back then and this remaster seems to have broken physics on top of that.
If it isn't 60 on the Pro don't expect it to be on the X.
But honestly in this case there's nothing justifying it not being 60fps even on base ps4, except for the graphical fidelity,which is easier to accommodate for 60fps specially on more powerful consoles. (like pro and X)

Ivan 3414

It's funny. I still have huge doubts this is going to get ported to the Switch, yet the Crash and Cortex Skylanders work on the Wii U and Switch versions of Imaginators.

tumblr_of8sarRgkT1s071aro1_1280.jpg

cortex-bowser.jpg

Still can't believe that that is possible...technically it's a Mario/Crash crossover

black070

Or it could just be different people ? Lol.

Regarding 1) Xbox fans are just not a big user base to have their voice known, many probably are not Xbox fans after the xbone reveal. Even here when you try to voice the concern or point out the hypocrisy you get shut down by condescending posts or so many gold medalists in mental gymnastics coming up with reasons as to why it's OK when Sony does it, so that never reaches a point that anyone has to address.

And it's not just about that game. Any game isn't announced for xbone. Fans complain everyone (who doesn't own an Xbox of course) is like: Bah, the game would never do any good on xbone anyway, just shut up.

Any game is announced for Xbox only and not a ps4 and the developer is making the mistake of their lives and the outrageous is so big that the developer eventually has to confirm the game will release on PS4.

Yes, he is.

Because it's nonsense that makes no sense.

No, he's not.

The massive outcry that occurred with RoTTR is mysteriously absent in this case despite this being a more disgusting, anti-consumer case. In fact, if you look at other threads, people, including myself, have gotten attacked and/or laughed at for implying this will not be exclusive for the obvious plethora of reasons, and people such as TheBeardOfKnowledge would be bending over backwards taking bullets for Sony by defending this action (whilst putting down posters who rightfully inquired about a port).

I don't necessarily agree with the part about Xbox users not being as passionate about anti-consumer practices, because on other sites you see it en masse. It's just here, on Neogaf, Xbox fans are vastly outnumbered and have a very small voice.

His other points remain valid.

Regarding 1) Xbox fans are just not a big user base to have their voice known, many probably are not Xbox fans after the xbone reveal. Even here when you try to voice the concern or point out the hypocrisy you get shut down by condescending posts or so many gold medalists in mental gymnastics coming up with reasons as to why it's OK when Sony does it, so that never reaches a point that anyone has to address.

And it's not just about that game. Any game isn't announced for xbone. Fans complain everyone (who doesn't own an Xbox of course) is like: Bah, the game would never do any good on xbone anyway, just shut up.

Any game is announced for Xbox only and not a ps4 and the developer is making the mistake of their lives and the outrageous is so big that the developer eventually has to confirm the game will release on PS4.

Exactly.

But it's not anti profit lol I mean with Crash and that Summer Play initiative they did just have one heck of a June!

I'm really curious what this means for a CTR game which is a Sony property. Will Sony make their own game and can they with Activation owning the Crash name and characters or will they come to some compromise? I'm confused and excited!
I mean I don't have Sony or Activision shares why should I care about this 0_o

No, he's not.

The massive outcry that occurred with RoTTR is mysteriously absent in this case despite this being a more disgusting, anti-consumer case. In fact, if you look at other threads, people, including myself, have gotten attacked and/or laughed at for implying this will not be exclusive for the obvious plethora of reasons, and people such as TheBeardOfKnowledge would be bending over backwards taking bullets for Sony by defending this action (whilst putting down posters who rightfully inquired about a port).

I don't necessarily agree with the part about Xbox users not being as passionate about anti-consumer practices, because on other sites you see it en masse. It's just here, on Neogaf, Xbox fans are vastly outnumbered and have a very small voice.

His other points remain valid.
I think it's safe to say neogaf favors Sony by far over any of the other console manufacturers. It's why you won't see witchhunts for most of the egregious anti-consumer things(such as this and destiny dlc) that sony does but you will for nintendo/ms.

There's no way in hell the N'Sane Trilogy is anything other than a PS4 exclusive. The bullet-proof reasons why are thus...

- the only successful Crash Bandicoot games are the ones that have been exclusive to PlayStation systems. This is a trend Activision have noticed and won't want to buck.

- there's an image of a PS1 memory card on the save menu.

- the official PlayStation Ireland profile on Twitter said it was exclusive.

- it's selling a boatload on the PS4 so it doesn't need to come to other platforms.

Guys, the more you start to believe the collection is coming to other platforms, the more you'll be disappointed when it doesn't. Let it go.

Top Bottom