• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK:TF's first week sales on XB1 is more than the double amount TF2 sold on PS4&XB1

Bollocks

I'm more interested in the numbers for Tomb Raider, Titanfall alienated PlayStation Nation, so they don't give a fuck any more, but Tomb Raider is a fan favourite but they also turned their backs on them.

Compsiox

Banned
Now you know how God of War fans feel when people refer to Gears of War as GoW.

People won't be using TF2 in reference to Titanfall for very long.

I bought it and Im enjoying it but I regret buying. I knew the PC community would be small but less than 1000 people is unacceptable.

Kyrios

ms did a great job marketing it last time, i have yet to see any tf2 adverts. i bet the beta turned off a few people too, i lost all hype for it since

Titanfall 2 commercials aired a lot during NFL games. That's the only time I've seen them though.

Edit: literally one playing right now on ESPN 2

duxstar

Funnily enough i went to target for the b2g1 free deal yesterday and they had 1 copy of titanfall 2 on PS4 left in the store, meanwhile they had like 30 or 40 copies left of the xbox one version. I was pissed because the last ps4 copy was the $80 deluxe edition one

Seems like alot of people are blaming EA for this. Sure it was a bad decision to release it when they did, but at the end of the day the game just isn't that great.

As someone who regards the first as one of the best shooters as all times, TitanFall 2 just feels dull by comparison.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
TF released on a much larger install base of consoles, though.

Also I think the exclusive-effect tends to increase the perceived value of the game by the owners of the console.

New002

Seems like alot of people are blaming EA for this. Sure it was a bad decision to release it when they did, but at the end of the day the game just isn't that great.

As someone who regards the first as one of the best shooters as all times, TitanFall 2 just feels dull by comparison.

I loved the first, admittedly haven't had a chance to play the second, but that sounds like the minority opinion? I know that was the word during the beta, but all I'm hearing for this game is praise.

TheKevn

Yikes. Hopefully word of mouth will create more sales. It worked for Rainbow Six Seige. Seems ignorant sending a young franchise out between two long time ones (Battlefield and COD)

Chris1

TF released on a much larger install base of consoles, though.

Also I think the exclusive-effect tends to increase the perceived value of the game by the owners of the console.

Titanfall XB1 outsold XB1 + PS4 + PC by just under 4x still. That's not counting the PC or 360 versions of TF1.

Titanfall 1 XB1 only = 117k

Titanfall 2 XB1 + PS4 + PC =31K

yeah, i'm a HUGE R1 fan [played it, and only it, every day for 1.5 years after release on PC], and while i LOVE the campaign in R2, i'm just not a fan of its MP.

that DOES seem to be a minority opinion, so i'm happy for the reception it's receiving, but i'm not enjoying it much myself.

I loved the first, admittedly haven't had a chance to play the second, but that sounds like the minority opinion? I know that was the word during the beta, but all I'm hearing for this game is praise.

Yeah most impressions I've seen are really positive about Titanfall 2. Meanwhile I think a lot of people, myself and my friends included, who played Titanfall 1 found it to be half a game, that while being a great start with some very innovative ideas, was ultimately half-baked and not really worthy of our time long term. I really think this, more than anything soured people on the sequel. All the ridiculous overhyping made it be perceived even worse I think.

Mechazawa

People won't be using TF2 in reference to Titanfall for very long.

I bought it and Im enjoying it but I regret buying. I knew the PC community would be small but less than 1000 people is unacceptable.

I don't know where the hell you pulled this number from, but there were literally 10,000 people playing this Monday morning on PC.

Yeowch. Please don't bomb on PC. I guess at least there we get the chance it will be put on Origin Access so it will always have a dedicated, if small, community.

Gator86

With even more competition and less marketing post launch?

Yeah, I don't see it either. People keep using Seige as the comparison, but they're only superficially similar. Seige had a much, much easier road to relevance. In the OT Respawn employees said they're going to announce a road map in the near future, but it's probably not great they're posting on message boards instead of doing PR to help convert buyers on the fence before it's too late.

Chris1

Yeah, I don't see it either. People keep using Seige as the comparison, but they're only superficially similar. Seige had a much, much easier road to relevance. In the OT Respawn employees said they're going to announce a road map in the near future, but it's probably not great they're posting on message boards instead of doing PR to help convert buyers on the fence before it's too late.

To be fair he was asked a question and answered it. And I'm pretty sure Rayme is a programmer so he wouldn't be doing any PR anyways.

I did not see that many online last night. It said 630 last night.

that will be in that specific playlist and in your region, the total number is said above the game mode selection

Compsiox

Banned
To be fair he was asked a question and answered it. And I'm pretty sure Rayme is a programmer so he wouldn't be doing any PR anyways.

that will be in that specific playlist and in your region, the total number is said above the game mode selection

Apologies. Was too busy having fun.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Then only praise you're hearing is for the campaign. This is the problem.

We're hearing next to no praise for the multiplayer. Which we all know exactly why.

Gator86

Not hating on Respawn for engaging here, but people in the OT already love the game. They need to be talking about it in other places and giving other people more reasons to drop cash on it. Launch interest and positive word of mouth don't last forever and, unlike Seige, they're not the only game in town. COD and other heavy hitters are coming.

shingi70

Banned
Titanfall 1 didnt hold a audience like it should have. The writing was on the wall from there.

Also never releasing the first game on PS4 permanently kneecapped the franchise ever being a big thing. I think a year late port on PS4 would have gone a long way for the future of the franchise. Making that exclusivity permanent benefited nobody in the end. Zempella knew it too. I think he tweeted such when that deal was made permanent behind the studios back.

Didn't benefit respawn, the last hours documentary for the game said EA was going to can the prior to getting Microsoft to come in and fund the game.

Pein

Banned
Titanfall was hailed as a revolutionary shooter when it released and was marketed and hyped to hell by Microsoft. TF2 has nowhere near the same hype and it's releasing between BF1 and COD, EA fucked up. Should have held it back instead of releasing it against the biggest shooters in the industry, especially since BF1 is there own damn game.

razzel

Bad release window, but Respawn should have catered to fans of the original instead of alienating them.

Seems like the new fan base they were going after didn't actually show up to buy the game.

Top Bottom