• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

Storm Swords disappears if Vergil is dead or snapped out or if you tag/DHC out which I guess isn't am option if you play DP. If you are Dark Phoenix you should use this time to rush him down as it takes a while for the Storm Swords to come down, if you get a hit you can easily kill Vergil in a few hits.

At super close range Phoenix can cr.L Vergil out of SS so just stick to him and pressure him into a mix up. If Vergil is not on point and is incoming, it's an easy win for you as he won't survive the trap mix up.

Very few people use Blistering Swords but it is his most terrifying Sword ability. He has longer pressure than SS, you can't remove them from him if you hit him (have to snap him) and he gets instant overhead off it. Oh and they can combo break as well just like Storm Swords.

Skrull: I only play him a little but I like tenderizer with Modok for some easy jamming bomb setups. Stone smite and tenderizer can both work decently for Sentinel and Modok, but I think tenderizer is better. I'm not a fan of Orbital Grudge. I really wish he had Rolling Hook instead.

Akuma: I can't get him to work well with Modok for my playstyle. I do like him for Sentinel though since I can get an easy air S off of Tatsu

Raccoon: I really enjoy Log Trap for Sentinel but I like Spitfire Twice sooooo much more for Modok. I can't play the Raccoon for shit though.

I think with Raccoon you really don't need spitfire twice if you have Drones....they both have really similar purposes. I think I'm gonna try to get something more vertical.

I actually tried out Tenderizer and had some fun with it, but I like something I can spam a bit more. Tatsu fulfills that role a lot, but its a little too vertical for me I think.

Gonna see what I can get going with Strider I think

onionfrog

I think that all assists that cause a ground bounce should cause a forced ground bounce instead.
(Like Nova's centurion rush assist and Deapool's Katanarama assist)

Thoughts?

Dahbomb

I think that all assists that cause a ground bounce should reset the ground bounce count. (Like Nova's centurion rush assist and Deapool's Katanarama assist)

Thoughts?
Those are the only exceptions because they cause a forced ground bounce. And neither of those actually reset the count IIRC they will just ground bounce no matter what.

Sky Dance is a move that resets the ground bounce if you do it right.

Azure J

Those are the only exceptions because they cause a forced ground bounce. And neither of those actually reset the count IIRC they will just ground bounce no matter what.

Speaking of which, Dante is the most hilarious XF2 or higher character in this series free. I have a Sky Dance infinite.

Azure J

Vergil laughs at Dante's XF gimmicks.

Foolishness..

Well of course dagawd is better/more efficient with XF, I'm just having fun "kid in a candy shop" style and seeing that Capcom was pants on head retarded giving Dante any kind of speed boost in kool aid mode.

onionfrog

My bad, forced ground bounce is what I meant.

I think with Raccoon you really don't need spitfire twice if you have Drones....they both have really similar purposes. I think I'm gonna try to get something more vertical.

I actually tried out Tenderizer and had some fun with it, but I like something I can spam a bit more. Tatsu fulfills that role a lot, but its a little too vertical for me I think.

Gonna see what I can get going with Strider I think

I like spitfire twice because it's not a true block string. Then again you aren't using teleporting characters so it may not be as useful, but it can still have a lot of uses.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I just played against the best Morrigan player I've ever payed against. And by that I mean he knew how to throw fireballs and didn't do 54351531454135 cr. Ls. Dude was pretty dumb anyways! You'd figure if you're playing Morrigan/Missiles you'd I dunno learn from Chris G? But no, not this guy. Dude got me down to Strider, instead of mauling my ass he tries to zone. What a doofus. I activate orbs, xfactor, tard charge in and maul him ftw. Now if he was smart (What Would Chris G Do?) he would have tried to like open me up with an incoming mixup. Like, christ, Morrigan has a stupid standing low and stupid shell kick, use it! I can't use orbs if you're on top of me.

fuck

I like spitfire twice because it's not a true block string. Then again you aren't using teleporting characters so it may not be as useful, but it can still have a lot of uses.

My favorite thing about it is when I'm doing a block string with it, and they pushblock wrong, making the second shot not actually hit so it keeps on going anyways giving me another mixup that they caused themselves.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well of course dagawd is better/more efficient with XF, I'm just having fun "kid in a candy shop" style and seeing that Capcom was pants on head retarded giving Dante any kind of speed boost in kool aid mode.

Why is it retarded when so many characters have quicker and more efficient ways of solo killing in XF?

onionfrog

Good Games Slasher!
I absolutely know what you mean now about it being a pain to try out new characters against people. That other guy you invited into the lobby was really good, it looks like he had FoF loops with strange and everything.
You have no idea how bad I wanted to with that last game with my Hsienko Team!
EDIT: I'm also glad I was finally able to consistently get through maya shield with Felicia's command grab.

RoKiN

Neo Member
Is Nova technically in the air when he does Gravimetric Blaster? That might explain it, since hawkeye's Level 3 only hits grounded opponents(and OTG) IIRC.

Gravimetic blaster? you meant Power of the Nova Force right?. I often use a super as a bait and DHC to Power of the Nova Force. Good when anticipating a Dante's Lvl 3!

I was thinking about this more, and maybe these characters are an indicator of who would be in a "Fighters of Capcom" game.
It's not just wishful thinking, I swear!

a "fighters of capcom" game would be awesome if they included the rip-off saturday night slam masters wrestlers and the capcom characters they were influenced off of.

i freaking love slam masters. now that was a top tier wrestling game.

onionfrog

I was thinking about this more, and maybe these characters are an indicator of who would be in a "Fighters of Capcom" game.
It's not just wishful thinking, I swear!
Man I hope Fighters of Capcom is what we think it is, a fighting game with only capcom characters similar to umvc3.

It makes a lot of sense from a business point of view, as capcom can leverage a lot of existing assets to reduce costs and streamline the budget, for example:
-They can make leverage the existing UMVC3 fighting engine, perhaps with some tweaks and new mechanics thrown in.
- They can use the existing capcom roster from umvc3 as a base for the roster.
-They can port characters from TvC and make changes to them for the new game.
-They can bring in characters from SF4 and adapt them for this. (More involved than porting someone from TvC)
-Hell, they could probably reuse some music too.

Here an example of a character roster that leverages existing assets and would only require some characters to be built completely from scratch:

They could recycle characters from umvc3:
1. Ryu
2. Akuma
3. Chun Li
4. C. Viper
5. Morrigan
6. Felicia
7. Hsienko
8. Dante
9. Trish
10. Vergil
11. Chris
12. Wesker
13. Jill
14. Nemesis
15. Arthur
16. Firebrand
17. Tron
18. Zero
19. Haggar
20. Spencer
21. Strider
22. Frank West
23. Phoenix Wright
24. Amaterasu
25. Viewtiful Joe

They could port characters from TvC:
26. Alex
27. Batsu
28. Megaman Voltnutt
29. Roll
30. Saki
31. Soki

Add some characters from SSF4 AE:
32. Fei Long
33. Cammy
34. Guile
35. M. Bison
36. Ibuki
37. Dan Hibiki
38. El Fuerte
39: Guy
40: Cody

Then they could add some brand new characters:
41: Megaman X (They already have a model from umvc3)
42. Sigma
43. Captain Commando
44. Jin
45. Nina(Bof2)
46. Gene
47. Regina (Dino Crisis)
48. Jon Talbain
49. Ruby Heart
50. Rouge (Power Stone)

Please note, I picked a roster with as much reused content as possible, as I feel this is what capcom would do.
Like a lot of the roster in SFxT was ripped from SF4, Kappa

(Probably too many Street Fighter Reps here though, also needs more characters with flight and air dashes[potentially])

Regina isn't even in the card game. Is she in the UMvC3 H&H cards? If not, I think she's a goner. I think being in at least 1 of those is needed to be considered even on life support as a Capcom character. If you're in both, I think there's at least a slim chance of being in a Capcom All-Stars.

I have no idea why you'd add so many Street Fighter characters, haha. At least put interesting characters in.

Logan is still a bum but it looks better.

It's sad that I have more faith in the Wolverine than ASM2 right now T_T

Thank goodness RDJ and the rest of Marvel Studios have got my back. Even though IM3 blowouts have been showing too much now.

Beckx

Sven posted about why there won't be a Marvel patch.

I understand the desire however as it stands at this moment three things are true:

1. Eighting has no bandwidth to work on anything MvC3 related and has not since that team rolled off the project.

2. Our internal people who worked on MvC3 (like NeoG but others as well) are working on other projects and are not available.

3. We currently have no rights that would allow us to make another expansion.

Given 1 and 2, there's no point in addressing 3 right now.

Whether this sitation changes in the future remains to be seen.

Very interesting (and apologies if old). So forget "Marvel is hard to work with" - they apparently don't even have the rights to do anything. Maybe they have a lingering license agreement to produce & sell the existing games, but no license to do anything else.

More interesting is that Eighting has no bandwidth. Is that a pointer toward Fighters of Capcom?

Dahbomb

ASM2 is looking like a shitstorm right now. So much fail going into it. The Wolverine is at least keeping things simple and character-centric, I mean there aren't many characters in it aside Wolverine (Yuriko, Viper and Silver Samurai.. that's pretty much it).

Also from the horse's mouth... concerning how SF4 is getting a new patch and Marvel isn't:

I understand the desire however as it stands at this moment three things are true:

1. Eighting has no bandwidth to work on anything MvC3 related and has not since that team rolled off the project.

2. Our internal people who worked on MvC3 (like NeoG but others as well) are working on other projects and are not available.

3. We currently have no rights that would allow us to make another expansion.

Given 1 and 2, there's no point in addressing 3 right now.

Whether this situation changes in the future remains to be seen.

So yea Sven basically confirms they don't have the rights to Marvel anymore.

Edit: Beaten like Latif versus Infiltration.

onionfrog

Regina isn't even in the card game. Is she in the UMvC3 H&H cards? If not, I think she's a goner. I think being in at least 1 of those is needed to be considered even on life support as a Capcom character. If you're in both, I think there's at least a slim chance of being in a Capcom All-Stars.
Fair enough, I didn't think about that.
I have no idea why you'd add so many Street Fighter characters, haha. At least put interesting characters in.
I only put in so many Street Fighter characters because I'm assuming that capcom would be as lazy as possible when making the roster.

Guy and Cody can be counted as Final Fight characters technically.

I agree that there are much better choices from other franchises, instead of so many SF characters.

Fair enough, I didn't think about that.

I only put in so many Street Fighter characters because I'm assuming that capcom would be as lazy as possible when making the roster.

Guy and Cody can be counted as Final Fight characters technically.

I agree that there are much better choices from other franchises, instead of Sinanthropus SF characters.
I can see 10 Street Fighter characters making it in, and 4-5 Darkstalkers.

I just don't want this to end up like TvC2. I could not main that game and be satisfied. So nothing shitty El Fuerte. I want M. Bison back with teleports and projectiles like in MvC2. Focus on Street Fighter characters who have crazy stuff to offer, like Dhalsim. E. Honda would suck, too. Guy and Cody offer nothing. Some Street Fighter characters that could be interesting (non-UMvC3):

M. Bison
Juri
Urien
Blanka
Dhalsim
Vega
Cammy
Rose

Ryu is enough "regular guy" for everyone. We'd probably get Ken, too, since he's the second most popular SF character.

onionfrog

e. honda or bust.
E Honda would be cool.

So nothing shitty El Fuerte. Focus on Street Fighter characters who have crazy stuff to offer, ...
Some Street Fighter characters that could be interesting (non-UMvC3):

M. Bison
Juri
Urien
Blanka
Dhalsim
Vega
Cammy
Rose
These all seem like good choices.

Profound Sadness. :(
Maybe they have a lingering license agreement to produce & sell the existing games, but no license to do anything else.
Capcom fucked up hard when negotiating the license for MVC3 then, it should've at least had stipulations that they could make balance changes.

Of course, they fucked up equally as hard when announcing/releasing umvc3 so close to mvc3. That alienated a lot of people and hurt sales significantly. It even pissed me off when UMVC3 was announced, and I love the game!
More interesting is that Eighting has no bandwidth. Is that a pointer toward Fighters of Capcom?
God I hope so.

Good Games Slasher!
I absolutely know what you mean now about it being a pain to try out new characters against people. That other guy you invited into the lobby was really good, it looks like he had FoF loops with strange and everything.
You have no idea how bad I wanted to with that last game with my Hsienko Team!
EDIT: I'm also glad I was finally able to consistently get through maya shield with Felicia's command grab.

Dude hsienko powered up is annoying as fuck and I don't have many means to punish it. I was kinda afraid. I don't know how to fight this character at all.

Good Games Yesterday Slasher and Onion!. We should play more often :)

Indeed you were very good. I was getting a little salty with so many nail biting matches.

Is that a pointer toward Fighters of Capcom?

God I hope so. Marvel style gameplay with only Capcom characters. It's a dream. Plus they could use all of current Marvel Capcom characters and maybe even the Tatsunko characters as well.

onionfrog

Dude hsienko powered up is annoying as fuck and I don't have many means to punish it. I was kinda afraid.
Hahaha.
Your response has renewed my confidence in that team. Hsienko is actually pretty fun as long as I don't get zoned out.
The safe DHC of gold armor -> devil trigger is also really nice.
I don't know how to fight this character at all.
Now you know how people feel when they fight your team, so unconventional!
Indeed you were very good. I was getting a little salty with so many nail biting matches.
I was getting pretty damn salty fighting both of you guys yesterday.

I just don't want this to end up like TvC2. I could not main that game and be satisfied. So nothing shitty El Fuerte. I want M. Bison back with teleports and projectiles like in MvC2. Focus on Street Fighter characters who have crazy stuff to offer, like Dhalsim. E. Honda would suck, too. Guy and Cody offer nothing. Some Street Fighter characters that could be interesting (non-UMvC3):

M. Bison
Juri
Urien
Blanka
Dhalsim
Vega
Cammy
Rose

Ryu is enough "regular guy" for everyone. We'd probably get Ken, too, since he's the second most popular SF character.

Cody offers nothing? He's got a dodge as well as sand and wind attacks! Guy would be X-23 with an air to air command grab.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";51735180]Cody offers nothing? He's got a dodge as well as sand and wind attacks! Guy would be X-23 with an air to air command grab.[/QUOTE]
That's a whole lot of nothing.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";51737799]About as many tools as Felicia has. But I don't want them in the game either. I want Gill.[/QUOTE]
Gill would be cool, but of the naked man trio I'd take Urien first, and then Gill.

Then again, Gill would be the perfect filler character for Phoenix, just like Megaman would be the new Dr. Doom.

Felicia has an interesting aesthetic going on, too, and that counts in a fighting game. Her moveset incorporates her aesthetics well. Cody is just a guy who punches and...wind comes out for some reason. It's lame.

ASM2 is looking like a shitstorm right now. So much fail going into it. The Wolverine is at least keeping things simple and character-centric, I mean there aren't many characters in it aside Wolverine (Yuriko, Viper and Silver Samurai.. that's pretty much it).

Also from the horse's mouth... concerning how SF4 is getting a new patch and Marvel isn't:

So yea Sven basically confirms they don't have the rights to Marvel anymore.

Edit: Beaten like Latif versus Infiltration.

That sounds Sven's Careful Wording dictionary getting a workout though.

They have no rights to an expansion. He never mentioned they have no rights to Marvel at all. And Marvel are notoriously gunshy on deals since they got screwed by Fox and Activision that they probably would have clauses regarding patching and DLC till they could trust a company.

Call it a hunch, but between the seeming stall on Fighters Of Capcom (Capcom Usually shows off their new FG this time of the year) and Marvel's positive reaction to the fan demand for an expansion. It seems that instead of an expansion, maybe we're going Fourth soon? Hell, Would people accept the fourth coming? Interesting times, no?

Top Bottom