• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

Card Boy

Banned
Still going to buy, I don't really have much choice in fighting games on the PS4.

I am waiting for Ultimate MKX, already have Injustice and Arksys is a cunt with releases in Australia.

Boke1879

It's called rushing games out the door and not prioritizing anything beyond the most essential parts.

This probably happened due to Evo, but sadly it an increasingly standard practice these days.

I'm also reading Capcom outsourced this to a dev that probably didn't have the chops to do this.

AmyS

http://www.otherocean.com/contact

Lets get this done GAF.

And yes, I bought it.

BHvy6ca.jpg

vg260

Geez, Just flipped between the PS3 version and this and it's like the whole UI is running at half speed, and the lack of texture filtering is laughable. Just look at the training room floor. The PS3 version looks way better, or should I say passable. PS4 floor is a huge blur. Again, it should not have released like this. This is stuff that should have been caught at first glance, like everyone here saw. Haven't even gotten to gameplay yet.

The PS4 High Voltage port of Injustice looks like a better port job than this.

SkylineRKR

Come the fuck on with these download speeds already. I pay a fucking sub and am on 100mbit.

Anyway I bought it since I have no other option to play it. I'm confident they will fix things if this will be the tournament go to version.

The input lag is anything but subtle. It was instantly noticeable.
I havent noticed it. Do you have evidence? Coming from 360, it would have to be 1 frame at most which would put it on par with PS3. They explicitly said there would be no delay so hopefully that gets investigated.

SnakeEyez

Wow... Just seen the menu lag people are referring to during a stream, that's laughably bad. It moseyed on to the screen like it's supposed to be that slow smh.

Geez, Just flipped between the PS3 version and this and it's like the whole UI is running at half speed, and the lack of texture filtering is laughable. Just look at the training room floor. The PS3 version looks way better, or should I say passable. PS4 floor is a huge blur.

Can you post some screenshots?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Seriously, the outrage is about to get hyperbolic here. The game works, the issues are subtle, I have confidence that they will be patched and maybe even before Evo.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like people should be happy with "well it works" when games are becoming less and less polished at release.

def sim

yeah this feels worse than when the PC version initially transitioned over to steamworks

people I run into sending me messages asking if every game has been awful

I don't know, it doesn't seem like people should be happy with "well it works" when games are becoming less and less polished at release.
Im not suggesting people should be happy, I'm saying the issues are getting exaggerated already.

I agree about contacting the devs, I'll do my part.

Coda

So for impressions...

Weirdly laggy menus, it's like once the flames go up during the VS screen something changes and you notice how smoother it gets.

I'm not seeing players names when I fight Ranked, just the letters "jwmi" near my character's icon.

Other than that honestly the 8 online matches I have played all were really smooth and I'm nailing all my combos with Guy so I'm relatively happy.

I'm assuming they'll fix those menu issues at some point.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
No way. This game screams on old PCs with full settings. This is unacceptable.

There is no way this should have been released like this.

Yeah, USFIV runs rock solid 60fps on my ancient core2 duo with 6GB of RAM and a 750ti at 1080p with full effects on. No way a PS4 would be choking on this

Haven't even tried it yet, but it's already bought. If this shit is that busted, I guess I'm only buying games blindly from Nintendo or Kojima.

Lesson learned.

What do people mean by laggy menus? I can navigate through them normally, even in character select.

At the main menu if you choose something sometimes it will lag a little. You press X and nothing happens until a second later. It doesn't happen all the time but I only noticed it at the main menu

thefit

Complete garbage, I play it on pc every day and this ps4 port is just utter garbage. Slow glitchy menus, terrible IQ, molasses fights, everything is bad WTF.

Onemic

Outside of what has been said...played about 10 matches. The game just feels off. Frame delay super obvious in 2 bar matches, around 5-9 frames. Feels slower online compared to PC/360. It's still running at 60, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on. Can feel it, can't explain it.

Crazy black outline around every character, very obvious if you look. Some stages colors are super off, super saturated.

Matchmaking is like early PC, most connection pings are blank.

edit
Can't find a match to save my life for the past 15 minutes. Unable to join session.

Is the outline thing just the ink post-process filter like in the PC version?

Coda

The actual fights seem smooth. I don't know what other people are experiencing but the only thing that's laggy is the menus. It's like the animation is laggy not the inputs though.

On my way home and just bought game online.

What is all this bullshit about game being broken?

Damn you look forward to a game and this is what you get. FUCK YOU CAPCOM

Bizazedo

I'm not seeing players names when I fight Ranked, just the letters "jwmi" near my character's icon.
The first person I fought, his name was on both characters for every ranked match after I fought him. You probably fought someone named jwm something.

Inputs feel slow. Like, at first I thought I was just SUPER rusty / not doing well with the DS 4, but now that I came here....

I dunno, journeyman's boots seem slower....

No its not just the main menu its every menu and everything else also.
Like what? Haha I'm just wondering because outside of a freeze I've had legitimately 0 problems. This is SF4.

Lack of AF affects bg graphics.
Menus are sluggish.
Some colors are locked for most characters.

Im mostly pissed that I dont have my sweet TRex icon yet...
Don't you have to unlock all colors for default characters?

Kyoufu

At the main menu if you choose something sometimes it will lag a little. You press X and nothing happens until a second later. It doesn't happen all the time but I only noticed it at the main menu

Oh, that does happen to me yeah. I thought people meant scrolling up/down etc was slow.

Onemic

Ok if thats what you find funny.

However, my issues isnt PSN download speed. Its PSN with fighting games. Last gen Xbox 360 was the go to console for online play and tournament play. PSN last gen was just didnt perform as well. Now that we are stuck with SFV on PS4 only. Everyone in the FGC is worried.

This was only true for games developed by Capcom, which was not most fighting games.

thefit

Like what? Haha I'm just wondering because outside of a freeze I've had legitimately 0 problems. This is SF4.

Don't you have to unlock all colors for default characters?

I have the steam version and its night and day. I play the steam version on 1080p every day and the difference is immediate.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I preordered DMC4SE, I sincerely hope it's not a bad port either on the PS4 with Capcom developing it and all.

Ports directly handled by Capcom have been fine so far.

Companies really need to start paying attention to who they're giving porting duties. This shit isn't easy and more developers fuck it up than not.

mekes

Cant say I'm noticing anything wrong with the menus and this is the 5th iteration of SF4 I've owned. Game seems fine so far, but probably needs a small patch or 2 for minor things others have mentioned.

Overall tho, seems like a job well done. Would be nice if they could unlock the colors etc through a patch.

Top Bottom