• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

This port is beyond saving imo. this garbage should be taken off PSN so more people dont get scammed imo. The amount of problem present here is not fixable even with 10 patches.
I also feel like the game is not running at 60fps.
No it's not, relax with the hyperbole. This version is frustrating to those that waited for the definitive version but I'm sure with Sony and Capcom's involvement they will fix it, hopefully before Evo.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just loaded up the game now. Doesn't seem to be any input lag on my end, hitting Evil Ryu's 1f links very consistently. Using a HRAP V4 Kai.

Lack of AF is disgusting though, will test out online later on.

Neff

Unless not noticing the 30fps wasn't the only mistake

I made several recordings, and the PS4 version definitely has more lag than the PS3 version, itself already slower than the 360 version.

I'm not ruling out the idea that it could be the game's stick driver causing it, but it's still unsatisfactory and needs to be brought to attention.

I made several recordings, and the PS4 version definitely has more lag than the PS3 version, itself already slower than the 360 version.

I'm not ruling out the idea that it could be the game's stick driver causing it, but it's still unsatisfactory and needs to be brought to attention

i'm starting to think this too, as I have no issues but i'm just using a normal ps4 controller

I agree, there's too many problems here for some users, but man, some of you are really really harsh on the developers who ported this.

My menus were slower and 3 bars gave lag like last gen's 2 bars. but I love having all the costumes, definitely would say 1-frame links are actually possible on pad for me now, and overall like having this downloaded on my HDD. I noticed the problems, and just said "whoops, this needs a few patches to be perfect". This earth shattering hatred for the team and all this turmoil though, man, its' like we're not playing video games anymore.

So dramatic...Really turns me off to GAF sometimes.

Ya'll aint' true SF fans -_-

has everyone who has problems with the game been using fight sticks?
and those like myself who haven't had problems with the game used a normal ps4 controller?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I agree, there's too many problems here for some users, but man, some of you are really really harsh on the developers who ported this.
It's a port of an engine designed for much less powerful hardware. It's a game that has been iterated upon many times over across multiple platforms. It has a flawless PC port. This should have been a slam dunk.

You don't advertise something as the "definitive version" and then release something with so many issues.

They dropped the ball hard.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned

My menus were slower and 3 bars gave lag like last gen's 2 bars. but I love having all the costumes, definitely would say 1-frame links are actually possible on pad for me now, and overall like having this downloaded on my HDD. I noticed the problems, and just said "whoops, this needs a few patches to be perfect". This earth shattering hatred for the team and all this turmoil though, man, its' like we're not playing video games anymore.

So dramatic...Really turns me off to GAF sometimes.

Ya'll aint' true SF fans -_-

A streetfighter game should goto final release as completely competent. Ive played for years. I'm not allowed to be angry? It should be delayed. Or ship pretty much perfect. The games is years old. Ultra has been out for nearly a Year. This is embarrassing. I paid my money expecting quality. I'm sorry but I'm allowed to be annoyed.

Git

Neo Member
Thx for your feedback. I was looking after this port but I've read horrible things about it. Shame on Capcom.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
It's a port of an engine designed for much less powerful hardware. It's a game that has been iterated upon many times over across multiple platforms. It has a flawless PC port. This should have been a slam dunk.

You don't advertise something as the "definitive version" and then release something with so many issues.

They dropped the ball hard.

Flawless pc port? nah. At least not after the steam conversion, agree with everything else though.

game seems to run ok to me. got my ass handed to me online though. first time playing street fighter in years and with a controller, what do you expect.

Csr

What's wrong with the PC version at this point?

I think right now the pc version is the best one but it has two issues, the skill filter for ranked matches doesn't work and the bars for the quality of the connections are very unreliable.

This port is beyond saving imo. this garbage should be taken off PSN so more people dont get scammed imo. The amount of problem present here is not fixable even with 10 patches.
I also feel like the game is not running at 60fps.

The game is running at 60fps. Stop talking out of your arse, bro. This post is ridiculous and full of hyperbole for the sake of it. That thread the other day was spot on. This is exactly the sort of shit I hate.

The port is not beyond saving, and can be fixed in far less than 10 patches.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think right now the pc version is the best one but it has two issues, the skill filter for ranked matches doesn't work and the bars for the quality of the connections are very unreliable.

We are discussing technical issues, which PC has none. As of now it is the definitive edition.

jiggles

Banned
I've sent Sony this email to try and salvage my £20:

Hello,

Yesterday, I purchased a copy of Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4 from the Sony Entertainment Network Store (order number XXXXXXXXX).

However, the game is not of satisfactory quality. I own the title on PS3 and PC already, but this version is riddled with issues that neither of those versions have. The menus are slow and unresponsive, there are text issues everywhere when playing online, the online performance is significantly worse than the other versions of the game I own, the gameplay is less responsive than on PS3, and within just an hour's play I've encountered no fewer than 5 bugs affecting gameplay that weren't present in any other version of the game.

I am aware that your policy is to not offer refunds on digital content, unless required to by local law. Here in the UK, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 dictates that digital content must:

• be of satisfactory quality,
  • be fit for purpose, and
  • meet any description.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...here-under-a-digital-content-contract/enacted

The description on the online storefront promises smoother gameplay than the PS3 version:
"Enjoy smoother gameplay, refined through PS3™ fan feedback."

With this in mind, I draw your attention to the following clauses:

34 (2)The quality of digital content is satisfactory if it meets the standard that a reasonable person would consider satisfactory, taking account of—
(a)any description of the digital content,

34 (3)The quality of digital content includes its state and condition; and the following aspects (among others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of digital content—
(b)freedom from minor defects;

34 (8)In a contract to supply digital content a term about the quality of the digital content may be treated as included as a matter of custom.

36 (1) Every contract to supply digital content is to be treated as including a term that the digital content will match any description of it given by the trader to the consumer.

I therefore request that you refund this purchase immediately.

Regards,

It's my first time flexing the new Consumer Rights Act, so I'm more curious to see if I *can*, really.

Csr

We are discussing technical issues, which PC has none. As of now it is the definitive edition.

How is the filter not working and wrong bars not a technical issue? Even if it wasn't any problem with the port is relevant to the discussion.

Edit: plus i already said it is the best version.

SgtCobra

I'm very upset at hearing this. Sf is like one if my favourite franchises. Ive bought the te sticks and invested a lot, like many I'm sure. Sorry to hear Sony didn't treat this with respect
Pretty much, they really dropped the ball and lost lots of respect from me. I wanted to retire my 360 bit it seems it will keep chugging along till SFV releases or they completely fix this bad port.

My ps3 version is much more polished but I can't go back to the inconvenience of plugging in my ps3 and playing at 720p. I know this will be fixed by patching because it's front and center at evo but I hope it's withing a couple of weeks.

Percy

Banned
I've sent Sony this email to try and salvage my £20:

It's my first time flexing the new Consumer Rights Act, so I'm more curious to see if I *can*, really.

Oh... should be interesting to see how they respond to this. Keep us informed of how you get on with this, would you? I'm curious to see how the new CRA goes down in situations like this.

Afrikan

I know this is a broad question... but how much does it usually cost to port a game to PS4?...let's say from a PS3 version? Would a port from a PC version be specifically cheaper?

how much could've Sony/Capcom saved by choosing this dev over say Bluepoint Games?

now don't get me wrong, not trying to bash any dev...but I'm trying to get an idea of the cost to port games to PS4/Xboxone.

there is a game I want ported, and I'm trying to get an idea of how much money I might need to gather.

And here I was, wondering why it doesn't look much better than the PS3 version.

That was before I read about these other issues here...

It's a sad affair..

This game deserves better..

pastrami

What a joke. I appreciate what Third Party Productions tries to do (I'm assuming this fell to them) in matching developers with others to get ports to the PS4, but they really need to ensure that the quality is there.

A day later and my mind is still unable to fully comprehend how you screw up a port of a game that is literally on pretty much every other platform, including handheld.

I understand netcode problems, but this shit isn't even tournament ready.

RobRSG

It can be patched, let's put it in mind. It took several updates to make it right on PC if you guys don't remember.

I'm wondering if there was Capcom's QA on the port. Seems like Ono is redirecting the fault to Sony, but doesn't seems correct since it's a common practice to watch ports of your IPs closely.

zoobzone

Just got the game shared from a friend.

Man the character selection screen is in slow-mo, the time it takes for the characters portraits to appear takes 3x longer.

Also the sound volume seems quite inconsistent, sometimes it can be quite loud and sometimes its normal.

Top Bottom