• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Once again, I said it last night but I'll say it again: game appeared to PLAY fine. I only saw problems with the menus.

Cause you aren't a real sf player. Stop saying that it's fine when it's not. This must be like your 100th post saying that it's fine. Just cause you repeat yourself over and over again doesn't mean problems go away like magic.

Seik

Banned
This is an embarrassment for everyone involved.

Especially as they advertised this as tournament ready.

Yeah, this.

Wasn't it advertised to be the version to be played at EVO, too?

If nothing is fixed by then, I wonder if they'll stick to it. In a scenario where the organizers can't backtrack, this is going to be a weird EVO. :lol

Auctopus

I know the PR team are just doing their job but Playstation Europe hyping people up with gifs and links to the store page is sorta crummy.

Houndi101

Yeah, this.

Wasn't it advertised to be the version to be played at EVO, too?

If nothing is fixed by then, I wonder if they'll stick to it. In a scenario where the organizers can't backtrack, this is going to be a weird EVO. :lol

They said they're going back to Xbox 360 version if it's not fixed.

jiggles

Banned
Oh... should be interesting to see how they respond to this. Keep us informed of how you get on with this, would you? I'm curious to see how the new CRA goes down in situations like this.

Will do, but I'm not expecting a reply any time soon, based on the auto-reply. If the thread's dead by then, I'll PM you.

delSai

"Unable to join session" is going to be my most read message ever.. and if i'm lucky enough to get into a game it's pretty laggy. Urgh, guess this wont replace Injustice for now.

zoobzone

Apparently, you need to plug a controller, sync the stick, plug the second controller, sync the second stick. All this at VS screen.

That sounds awfully troublesome for tournaments to setup.

PS: I'm downloading the game on my 2nd PS4, I notice there is a 66.98MB update (was this there the whole time?).

"Unable to join session" is going to be my most read message ever.. and if i'm lucky enough to get into a game it's pretty laggy. Urgh, guess this wont replace Injustice for now.

I just create my own ranked lobbies instead, as I had the same issues. Managed to have a nice steady stream of matches with no issues (one match was a tad choppy but that was it).

That sounds awfully troublesome for tournaments to setup.

PS: I'm downloading the game on my 2nd PS4, I notice there is a 66.98MB update (was this there the whole time?).
It was always there. I downloaded that as well yesterday when it released, though I have no idea what it did. Nothing we needed apparently lol

Kikujiro

A day later and my mind is still unable to fully comprehend how you screw up a port of a game that is literally on pretty much every other platform, including handheld.

I understand netcode problems, but this shit isn't even tournament ready.

You screw up when you hire a bunch of unreliable developers, it's baffling how Sony put 500,000$ for the Capcom Cup and went cheap for this port, did they really think it was going to work?

It's good to know that the community will go back to the X360 version if this won't be fixed in time. At least now I can just laugh at this port till it get fixed.

Anung

Un Rama
I haven't been able to join a single match from the quick search but whenever I create and host one people join me fine.

Syntsui

Its an enourmous irresponsibility to announce a game that was not even released as the official version of EVO. The organizers will have to change this ASAP, the community will go nuts and this may be a catastrophe.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
My game says Version 1.01

Following features added

1.05 content

Several Bug Fixes

So yeah pretty weird.
wat8bck7p.jpg

jiggles

Banned
I had no patch and when I tried to search for a patch it says my game is up to date at version 1.00, UK psn btw.

I'm sure I didn't get a patch either (same version). I was looking at the download list for ages, too, because it was taking so damn long and I was also trying to download Life Is Strange.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Its an enourmous irresponsibility to announce a game that was not even released as the official version of EVO. The organizers will have to change this ASAP, the community will go nuts and this may be a catastrophe.
wiz has already confirmed its back to 360 version if this isn't cleaned up fast

Im having no issues at all on 1.00

Really?
Well, I guess I'll test out deleting the patch then.
Gotta delete the whole game, start downloading it again, and then stop the update from installing.
I'll let everybody know how it goes when its done.

You can't even deletethe patch gotta redownload and stop it from downloading but I'm not willing to take that hit lol

I got you covered lol. Its not like I can even enjoy the game in its current state so I might as well try.

PadPoet

505 Games Ltd
A small update from my side.

UK PSN here. Version 1.00 of the game. I haven't played the Xbox 360 version of the game but input wise this feels way better than the PS3 port I have.

Checking for updates brings up nothing.

Using DS4. No sticks here.

『Inaba Resident』;165342492 said:
Really?
Well, I guess I'll test out deleting the patch then.
Gotta delete the whole game, start downloading it again, and then stop the update from installing.
I'll let everybody know how it goes when its done.
Yeah there's no patch out on UK psn for the game so ukers are running 1.00 and I'm having no issues, I posted a YouTube vid a page or so back that shows that

c'mon sons

As if we needed more examples of USF4 on the PS4 being broken.

I honestly believe that the success of Skullgirls and Killer Instinct, despite all of negatives that went against both releases, it a really good argument for developing top-flight online play. Where would both of those communities be if the games online play was as bad as MvC3s?

Top Bottom