• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

RobRSG

『Inaba Resident』;165355784 said:
So I just tried playing without the patch and didn't notice anything different.
Just thought I'd let everybody know.

This is gross. Maybe the patch doesn't even work... So they might patch the patch.

nikos

『Inaba Resident』;165355784 said:
So I just tried playing without the patch and didn't notice anything different.
Just thought I'd let everybody know.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure if it's the Lab Zero driver adding input lag, but I'm using a DualShock 4 PCB in my stick (wired) and the input lag was instantly noticeable offline. If it is the driver causing it, it's not exclusive to PS3 sticks.

Are you kidding me? Sheesh, glad I stuck to my 'Don't buy shit at launch anymore ever, wait to see how it performs first' plan, I almost made the jump.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure if it's the Lab Zero driver adding input lag, but I'm using a DualShock 4 PCB in my stick (wired) and the input lag was instantly noticeable offline. If it is the driver causing it, it's not exclusive to PS3 sticks.

I'm starting to think its both at this point. Some sticks have input lag in both this and MKX. While using a DualShock 4 I noticed that it still doesn't feel 100% perfect offline while my Qanba is giving me a noticeable amount lag. I'm thinking that the driver is causing input lag for some sticks while the game itself has native lag as well.

AmyS

Saw this:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/196074/usf4-on-ps4/p5

buyproduct said:
the input lag comes from the lab zero driver. You notice the same thing when using the driver in MKX. I have a ps4 stick and was going to test this but decided to wait for patch. But in MKX if I press the same attack on my ps4 and ps3 stick, the ps4 stick beats the ps3 stick every time.

I only ran through the training and the arcade mode with Decapre, but so far I didn't encounter any single bug, lag or sound problem.

The fact that the menu is slower is certainly not on purpose but can hardly be considered as a bug since you don't even notice it if you don't have the old version close by.

Took a random video of my beginning Decapre being raped by Cammy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xND1-8AUpfY

nikos

『Inaba Resident』;165357044 said:
I'm starting to think its both at this point. Some sticks have input lag in both this and MKX. While using a DualShock 4 I noticed that it still doesn't feel 100% perfect offline while my Qanba is giving me a noticeable amount lag. I'm thinking that the driver is causing input lag for some sticks while the game itself has native lag as well.

Yeah, it seems to be a combination of the driver and the game itself. I have a feeling the driver is always on because I'm getting input lag even with a DS4. It would be nice to have a prompt when the game starts to enable/disable the driver, even if it worked 100%.

Contacting Sony Support for a refund...

Eder: Let me tell you, according to play Station agreement all sales are final once you download the content. I recommend use wired connection and restore default settings in safe mode in order to fix the issue.
You: that's not going to fix the problem
You: it's a broken game
Eder: Please follow steps here: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5044/kw/safe mode
Eder: In this case I recommend you delete the game, take PS4 in safe mode and then select rebuild data base, after that redownload the game.
Eder: In case the issue persist contact us back.
Eder: I recommend you used wired connection.
You: That's not going to help

Gotta say, Microsoft is way better at handling customer service. They have the exact same no refund policy but refunded an accidental purchase I made on 360 a couple years back.

FiggyCal

Banned
Contacting Sony Support for a refund...

Gotta say, Microsoft is way better at handling customer service. They have the exact same no refund policy but refunded an accidental purchase I made on 360 a couple years back.

I think sony support is some of the worse I've had to deal with.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yes and Capcom has nothing to do with the port, their fault is trusting the IP to another company (Sony) without checking on it. Sony paid for the port and Sony hired Other Ocean.

So Capcom has nothing to do with the port...but is insisting that it be used for their Pro Tour?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Has anyone from Capcom, Sony, or Other Ocean even acknowledged all the problems that this game has yet?

EDIT: Hey, Ono! ^^^^

Neff

Is it really beyond repair? I mean, if the goal is to at least have parity with the 360, we have a lot of work that needs to be done. Just imagine if that Evil Ryu moment happened in a tournament. There is no telling how many screwy things they have going on in here.

Not at all. It just needs the supervision of a team who knows what they're doing and gives a shit. But my fear is that if Sony stays with Other Ocean, demanding they sort out what may be beyond their comprehension or talent to fix, that this situation will go around in circles for a long time, which is time SFIV doesn't have. And will also mean I'll have wasted my money.

While it's fair to say that there are many ports from a Digital Eclipse/Backbone background that are competent enough for the asking price, there are also just as many with cut corners, unfaithful elements and bugs, usually passed off with the excuses of "There wasn't enough time to sort it out," or "There were problems we couldn't solve." And that's what we've got here. And with an audience like SFIV's, nothing but the best is acceptable.

They should have hired a Japanese team or an exceptional Western team to port it, and I hope this is how this port will end up being fixed.

Extremely disappointing for all of us who've paid for this.

jett

D-Member
A patch is not going to help this disaster. Capcom/Sony is going to have to hire another porting-house to redo this shit, ZOE2HD style.

AmyS

A patch is not going to help this disaster. Capcom/Sony is going to have to hire another porting-house to redo this shit, ZOE2HD style.

I would be willing to bet that's exactly what is going to be needed.

Yeah, it seems to be a combination of the driver and the game itself. I have a feeling the driver is always on because I'm getting input lag even with a DS4. It would be nice to have a prompt when the game starts to enable/disable the driver, even if it worked 100%.

And didn't that driver come with the day one patch?

Yet those who have retried it without are saying they don't really notice a difference. - I suppose it's a bit too early to know, definitively, everything that is wrong and what is causing it.

FiggyCal

Banned

I don't necessarily think that's the case. The biggest problem will probably be identifying all the gameplay changes that have been created during the porting. And then maybe if they have time, they should change the dishonest "start" menu.

jett

D-Member
Actually, it probably could and would.

There are not only technical issues in this game, also gameplay-related shit that is literally breaking characters. It's like the people in charge had no idea what they were doing.

No, this is a total mess.

Kikujiro

So Capcom has nothing to do with the port...but is insisting that it be used for their Pro Tour?

Capcom doesn't make consoles. Sony put 500,000 on their Pro Tour and it's co-funding SFV, it's Sony that wants SFIV to be running on PS4 at Evo and the rest of the tour.

roknin

There are not only technical issues in this game, also gameplay-related shit that is literally breaking characters. It's like the people in charge had no idea what they were doing.

No, this is a total mess.

Pretty much.

If it was just say, menu lag and sound issues that'd be one thing.

When you have deeper rooted things like disappearing projectiles, crashes and E.Ryu's U2 glitch... there's no telling how many smaller interactions will have bugs and that absolutely cannot happen at a tourney level.

The reason time is not on their side is because before they can even begin to properly fix all this, they have to actually identify all the problems to begin with, then fix them.

Considering problems keep arising and EVO is only less than two months away... it is not looking good.

nikos

I would be willing to bet that's exactly what is going to be needed.

And didn't that driver come with the day one patch?

Yet those who have retried it without are saying they don't really notice a difference. - I suppose it's a bit too early to know, definitively, everything that is wrong and what is causing it.

Oh yeah, that's true. People who have tested it without the patch are still experiencing input lag. If that patch is the driver, than there's a separate issue.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If Sony is really fully in charge of the port I'm not sure if that makes this better or worse.

Capcom seems to watch what the players are saying but they can really drag their feet on follow through. Like how it took almost a year for a big patch for 3rd Strike Online to be put through their own Q/A process. They can also be cheap.

Sony on the other hand seems to randomly ignore what's happening and has terrible customer support. This may depend on whether Sony fully realizes what they've gotten into by pledging support to the tournament scene. This is an audience you can't treat like uninformed or casual consumers who don't understand when something has issues.

BadWolf

I seriously hope tournament organizers refuse to run this unless it is fully fixed, players should not be held back by garbage like this.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
They had a patch set out day one? They already already knew it was fucked up lol. Come on Sony, just get a good studio to port this and that's it. Kinda sad how Capcom or Sony haven't replied to this issue last time I checked.

Elginer

Glad I waited this one out. Was going to impulse buy too. Told a buddy of mine and he was pissed as he was downloading it from work to his console.

Xpliskin

Pretty much.

If it was just say, menu lag and sound issues that'd be one thing.

When you have deeper rooted things like disappearing projectiles, crashes and E.Ryu's U2 glitch... there's no telling how many smaller interactions will have bugs and that absolutely cannot happen at a tourney level.

The reason time is not on their side is because before they can even begin to properly fix all this, they have to actually identify all the problems to begin with, then fix them.

Considering problems keep arising and EVO is only less than two months away... it is not looking good.

Curious, any footage of this ?

Like, the game crashes ?

Allowing critical bugs to go through like that would put Other Ocean on a new tier.

The more you guys document the more data they have, so do capture these instead of hyperboling it out of proportion.

They had a patch set out day one? They already already knew it was fucked up lol. Come on Sony, just get a good studio to port this and that's it. Kinda sad how Capcom or Sony haven't replied to this issue last time I checked.

The only thing we have at this point is Ono saying that he's going to talk to Sony about this.
And the day one patch really doesn't change anything from what I've noticed.

The more you guys document the more data they have, so do capture these instead of hyperboling it out of proportion.
The specific things he is listing are documented and have footage on Youtube. That's how we know they're present. (There's more footage than this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wxkyhNy6fY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmKqBdAVYPs&feature=youtu.be&a
CGAdyWNWEAEupfj.jpg

Absolutely no hyperbole here.

The blame is on sony, capcom got nothing to do with this. They're busy working on SFV if you got a beef attack sony for being cheap and hiring ocean. Why not hire iron galaxy or bluepoint? Sony are the ones pushing for Ultra to be played on ps4 at evo not capcom.

Sony shouldn't have hired Other Ocean
SF is Capcom's IP. They should have been looking over this port closely.
Other Ocean did a fucking terrible job porting it.
Like I said, the blame is on everybody.

『Inaba Resident』;165360203 said:
This is on everybody's hands.

The blame is on sony, capcom got nothing to do with this. They're busy working on SFV if you got a beef attack sony for being cheap and hiring ocean. Why not hire iron galaxy or bluepoint? Sony are the ones pushing for Ultra to be played on ps4 at evo not capcom.

Boke1879

Honestly Capcom should have had the for sight to dedicate a small team to this. And I'm honestly shocked people at Capcom didn't have testers on hand to try this out when it was going through QA.

All parties involved are to blame.

jbug617

Banned

Like, the game crashes ?

Allowing critical bugs to go through like that would put Other Ocean on a new tier.

I had the game crash on me in training mode.

I seen this on Twitter.
CF-12OOWIAEx4ef.jpg

How easy is it recreate these problems by the way?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd say High Voltage, but the frame rate seems to be fine, so it can't be their incompetent asses...

You joke, but it's an internal/outsourced Sony team that did the port for Sony. Which makes this entire saga funny. Capcom only okayed someone doing the port.

We'll see if Evo uses this version, but I kinda think Mr. Wizard and the other dude will go "oh hell naw" on this with Evo being two months(?) away. Unless Sony pays them hardcore, in which case: welp.

Kyoufu

Like, the game crashes ?

Projectile glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkm84zBl4ug

Madness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3_uTlgodXE

I thought the complaints were just technical stuff like slow menus (which I couldn't notice) but it runs far deeper than that as shown in the videos above.

RobRSG

The blame is on sony, capcom got nothing to do with this. They're busy working on SFV if you got a beef attack sony for being cheap and hiring ocean. Why not hire iron galaxy or bluepoint?

Capcom has the fighting game know-how. They know how accurate a fighting game must be.

Letting it fully on Other Ocean hands is simply inexcusable. Maybe they should remove Capcom's logo if they're not partially responsible for this.

Boke1879

Sony has always been an official sponsor of Evo and PS4 is a requirement of the Capcom pro tour. Which means Capcom is just as involved in the deal. I also believe Capcom does get some blame seeing as this is one of their big IPs

Top Bottom