• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Santar

The marked almost being flooded with remasters is one thing, but when 85% of them are poorly optimized ports it makes it even worse. When somebody pick up a last gen game on the PS4box one4 I think they expect the games to run and look better.

Is it really beyond repair? I mean, if the goal is to at least have parity with the 360, we have a lot of work that needs to be done. Just imagine if that Evil Ryu moment happened in a tournament. There is no telling how many screwy things they have going on in here.

They can and probably will fix it.

But it wont be any time soon I think. Wouldnt be shocked if they do a Zone of the Enders 2 and bring in a proper studio to fix it.

Is it really beyond repair? I mean, if the goal is to at least have parity with the 360, we have a lot of work that needs to be done. Just imagine if that Evil Ryu moment happened in a tournament. There is no telling how many screwy things they have going on in here.

This is the main thing. Before it can be properly patched and fixed, we need to know about everything that's wrong. In just one day, we've found a large chunk of issues fairly quickly so its no telling how many issues are left.

Crapcom. Wonder how much they scammed from Sony for SFV exclusivity.

lol.

No. Saying it is beyond repair is some bullshit hyperbole.
I didn't think it was, but I guess my question is...is it even worth it? Would any tourny players even trust to use this version when there are already others that don't need any work? I'd be antsy if I actually had shit on the line and knew this was the one I had to use.

Piccoro

Your video shows the slow menus clearly.

Here's your PS4 video vs. the game on PS3.

ps4.gif7uoxm.gif
ps3bnpik.gif

It's like it's going at half speed

This gif pretty much clears things for people who were still doubting the menu lag.
I hope Digital Foundry analyses this port in order to understand better what went wrong...

It's repairable. The real question is can it be done before EVO? It's less than 2 months from Now. If going by the PC version, I say no. I really can't wait to see what happens at EVO now. This version is not tournament ready at all.

I didn't think it was, but I guess my question is...is it even worth it? Would any tourny players even trust to use this version when there are already others that don't need any work? I'd be antsy if I actually had shit on the line and knew this was the one I had to use.
Yes? Who doesn't want a complete definitive version at a good price? This will all be fixed I'm sure. It's just about how long it will take.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
has it been mentioned that the trophy for this game has a Super Street Fighter 4 icon?
That's because the trophies for AE and Ultra are handled as add ons here.
Game crashed my PS4 two times now when I tried looking for trophies :-(

AmyS

They can and probably will fix it.

But it wont be any time soon I think. Wouldnt be shocked if they do a Zone of the Enders 2 and bring in a proper studio to fix it.

I'm not a programmer but (forgive the analogy) one would think 'total heart transplant' rather than stents or even bypass.

mbpm1

Nothing is irreparable.

The issue is getting it done on time.

IF they really want to a lot of people are going to have to buckle down and pull some OT, I think.

Syntsui

What E. Ryu moment?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

But people were looking forward to shelving the 360 version due to its sound glitch, too. I remember half-sarcastically, half-seriously asking them what makes them think that the PS4 version would have fewer issues.

Got my copy yesterday and while it's the good ol Street Fighter, it does have problems which are fucking frustrating.

I actually play SF pretty much online only to challenge people and not once i could get in a game. The "Press Start" is also weird, menu lag is also real...

As a fan and someone who was waiting for this version badly, i'm disappointed. Not only this is an old game that has been done many times before but it's also a shitty port on a new shiny console that is more than capable. If Sony are serious about being a major player in tounaments, they need to fix this asap.

vg260

『Inaba Resident』;165344573 said:
Compared to how it should be, the menus in this port are painfully slow.

This gif pretty much clears things for people who were still doubting the menu lag.
I hope Digital Foundry analyses this port in order to understand better what went wrong...

Yes, it's not input lag or lower framerate. Everything seem to be moving at about half speed with anything UI-related.

For a game that's been around for so long that people have spend hundreds of hours using with a quick, snappy interface, this is just not acceptable.

This is a very valid point. For pros, at want point do you begin trusting this is behaving normally? What if they patch it up within a few weeks. Are people going to be comfortable putting their EVO fate on the line for this?

I thought it was crazy how they were forcing this out as a standard, and still farmed it out to a random third party, with how big the Capcom Pro Tour has become. That takes some guts.

lupinko

why not the ps3 version?

PS3 has input lag and bad stages (latter is avoidable because they just play training stage anyway, applies to 360 too).

360 doesn't have input lag but also has bad stages and now the sound crashing glitch.

Don't think they can scrape together many PCs right away so the 360 is the only option since the ps4 version is worst than garbage.

Dat Backbone quality still lives on with Other Ocean.

Imm0rt4l

I'd be interested in a proper lag test with the 360 version, and also when using a native PS4 stick vs DS4 vs PS3 stick.
Me too, but the 360 version is purportedly not arcade perfect. Which I don't understand since the 360 version is THE version to get. If they're going for truly arcade perfect who will be able to run that test?

lupinko

Me too, but the 360 version is purportedly not arcade perfect. Which I don't understand since the 360 version is THE version to get. If they're going for truly arcade perfect who will be able to run that test?

Have the arcade version side by side with the console versions? It's not hard for Capcom to do it. And their community manager Pete Rosas is an actual fgc member who can vouch for it.

The 360 version is de facto because the west doesn't have arcades, and it's the only version that is least terrible.

The Japanese players who travel to play in world tourneys also play on console because it is the one used globally.

Also SF4 nowadays is a console game.

Lyriell

Live in Aus but ysed US account to download. Now I'm not ginding anyone here to play with even though I set my region as any... all I seem to end up with is US and JPN players??

Imm0rt4l

Have the arcade version side by side with the console versions? It's not hard for Capcom to do it. And their community manager Pete Rosas is an actual fgc member who can vouch for it.

The 360 version is de facto because the west doesn't have arcades, and it's the only version that is least terrible.

The Japanese players who travel to play in world tourneys also play on console because it is the one used globally.

Also SF4 nowadays is a console game.
yeah, I'm a little incredulous that capcom would have that sort of transparency. But maybe running a test against ultra in Japan isn't necessary, maybe the same test could be run on an ssf4 cabinet in the West.

yeah, I'm a little incredulous that capcom would have that sort of transparency. But maybe running a test against ultra in Japan isn't necessary, maybe the same test could be run on an ssf4 cabinet in the West.

Should be fine, you can even choose the AE version of characters (or Super if that's what your arcade is running) to keep it as close as possible.

That's great, but there are numerous factors that can lead to the bug happening. This isn't about Sony/Other Ocean not knowing that the game has bugs, rather seeing the repro steps can lead to a better understanding of what's causing the issue and being able to isolate/fix it.

That's great, but I don't have any understanding reserved for situations like this. This is a 6 year old game that has been ported and updated a billion times and is now being handled by Sony, who could certainly afford to put out a competent version and should know how to get a port working on their own damn system. People are running into stuff left and right. Nobody should waste a second coming up with a formal bug report. This isn't some indie team who needs help because they did their best before launch but physically and financially couldn't do a full 100% bug test or whatever.

There's a time and place for abrasive bitching and it's now because they just knowingly sold people a piece of trash after deceiving them about its quality.

Cathcart

Ug. Didn't even think about checking GAF first, just saw the game up on the store last night and grabbed it. All the no input lag talk got me hyped up, lol.

Oh well, I don't really play online and I'm not running a tournament. Also I suck at fighting games but I just like playing them. Maybe these problems won't be so noticeable for me.

Still, I hate to reward the dev for a sloppy port. Can you return stuff on PSN? If so maybe I'll do that until they fix it.

PhatSaqs

Banned
So much for PS4 taking over tourney duties (for now). Sloppy ports always suck.

I remember the DC stayed on the tourney scene for a while due to sloppy ports.

vg260

So much for PS4 taking over tourney duties (for now). Sloppy ports always suck.

I remember the DC stayed on the tourney scene for a while due to sloppy ports.

It's also disappointing because it creates a stigma about the version. Even if they fix they issues, it's got terrible word of mouth. I was hoping a lot of people would gravitate towards it from the old versions, but this could hurt adoption. For example after Valve updated the Steam client, which addressed the PC port issues, a lot of people don't know or still think it's broken. It might just be the best version.

Top Bottom