• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

SkylineRKR

Yeah this is a solid release. All in all it didn't take that long to fix and who knows if they had left it in the oven for longer, they might've been unaware of certain issues.

I guess an early demo of this would've been ideal.

Imm0rt4l

Really, is the input lag the exact same or better than on 360? If it's just 1 frame worse than Capcom is once again telling lies for the sake of Sony money. If it is just 1 frame worse it is not the definitive version despite Sony throwing money at it. "On par with" is too vague.
It's the same meaning you aren't going to notice a difference.

Everyhting is fixed now, nice! And bought! Only 11 hours left waiting until my download is finished...hahahaha!! PS4 download speed is a fucking joke, it annoy the shit out me. My internet speed is ultra fast and I own one of the fastest routers available (Netgear Nighthawk AC1900).

My PS3 and Xbox 360 are MUCH faster with downloading. MUCH FASTER. With a wired and wireless connection.
My Xbox One speed is a little better than PS4 but still SLOW AS HELL. Even on 5GHz.

Come the fuck on Sony and MS, this bullshit download speed of your new consoles are totally unacceptable in 2015!

Aenima

Everyhting is fixed now, nice! And bought! Only 11 hours left waiting until my download is finished...hahahaha!! PS4 download speed is a fucking joke, it annoy the shit out me. My internet speed is ultra fast and I own one of the fastest routers available (Netgear Nighthawk AC1900).

My PS3 and Xbox 360 are MUCH faster with downloading. MUCH FASTER. With a wired and wireless connection.
My Xbox One speed is a little better than PS4 but still SLOW AS HELL. Even on 5GHz.

Come the fuck on Sony and MS, this bullshit speed of your new consoles are unacceptable in 2015!

Put the download on Pause and then resume it again. It will become much faster if its too slow.

I still remember some ridiculous and stupid post in the original thread saying this version is beyond fixing and no patches can fix it. Hyperbole as usual. (day one this game was shit thought.)

I finally downloaded this game after all these hours, damn you PSN... But USFIV looks good and feels responsive on PS4 and the loading times are fast! This game is great now. Definitely feels as smooth as the 360 version and the IQ is clear with good AA and AF. This is now the best version after those patches, what a turnaround, lol.

Another thing I think is that the D-pad of the DS4 probably is the best ever made. For me it beats that of the Vita, Saturn and Madcatz Fightpad. There is enough room for the thumb and the plastic feels just right without being slippery. I was spamming moves like crazy in the training room and I didn't miss a single one. Great!

The D-Pad one on the Xbox One controller feels like crap to me though, it isn't accurate enough and I hate that loud clicky sound. I also own a Xbox One and tried it with Killer Instinct. You could better use the analog stick (or a arcade stick of course).

The DS4 D-pad is criminally underrated on GAF! ;-)

Durden77

Glad to hear this is a great version now. Finally bought it today and I'm loving it. Feels great and I didn't expect to have all the alternate costumes and such. I haven't upgraded since Arcade Edition because I was getting sick of hooking up my 360, so this is a hell of an upgrade for the price.

Means I gotta get a new stick though. And my as well get a PS4 one for SF5. 200$....poof!

Wow at the guy unknownsoul006 lol. All he does is run and fireball with Akuma. Anyone else played this guy?

Ryu's theme is loud as shit btw

Ha-ha I played that guy. Troll thru and thru.

After our match I simply said "I hope your wrist is OK".

He responded with" you can't stop me ".

Meh...

I had heard that recommended elsewhere, seems to be common starting advice

Thanks for the link!

Probably the best advice outside of the game - play to learn, don't play to win. Analyze every situation and think about what have you done wrong. Try to find patterns in the opponent's actions - when I started beating people online, it was when I figured that they are not thinking. They had longer combos, punished with a higher damage and stun but they were on autopilot. Find a dent in their style and exploit.

That's the most importatnt thing and you will not learn it at all playing against AI

Onemic

Probably the best advice outside of the game - play to learn, don't play to win. Analyze every situation and think about what have you done wrong. Try to find patterns in the opponent's actions - when I started beating people online, it was when I figured that they are not thinking. They had longer combos, punished with a higher damage and stun but they were on autopilot. Find a dent in their style and exploit.

That's the most importatnt thing and you will not learn it at all playing against AI

Playing against the AI is still good though

RedAssedApe

Banned
It's 25 with all dlc included... that's pretty cheap.

eh...dlc is just costumes and omega mode (which no one seems to play) no?

i'd buy a base version with no frills. evo is the time of the year where the most eyeballs are on fighting games so i thought maybe they'd throw us a bone after the messy launch :)

Edzi

eh...dlc is just costumes and omega mode (which no one seems to play) no?

i'd buy a base version with no frills. evo is the time of the year where the most eyeballs are on fighting games so i thought maybe they'd throw us a bone after the messy launch :)

A bone was thrown... But it was on PC. It was free this weekend and on sale for $10 on Steam... Made me triple dip, so now I own it on PS3, PS4, and PC. Worth it though, just to be able to play with my friends and the different communities.

vg260

HI ALL,
is this version better than the Xbox360 and will it be used for Evo next year?

Yeah, overall it's better. On par gameplay wise, and much better graphically.

It still has occasional crash issues when playing online and maybe some lobby issues (dunno, I dont' use them). I've mostly seen it between ranked matches, not in-match, but still needs addressing. That's probably why they say all competitive issues have been address and not simply all.

The select button is now mapped to the touchpad button so if you have a non-touchpad controller, you'll lose those.

I'm hoping the userbase migrates over now that it's becoming the tourney standard.

Worth the purchase now.

Seik

Banned
I'm glad to see all the main issues were fixed that quickly, in fact, I'd even say that's impressive!

After the whole 'me never being able to access the beta during the entire time' fiasco, I'm tempted to switch my SFIV stuff to PS4...now sounds like a nice time. I'm hungry for some next gen fighting game. :D

EDIT: Oh man...sorry for the bump, just noticed thread was lying around since 5 days. D:

Top Bottom