• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Have you been living under a rock? When is the last time a game has been released completed with no bugs on release day? I'm glad they fix the game because I can honestly say that 70% of my PS3 Collection were not completely fixed or fixed at all and yes games should release in working condition but it's a fools dre to hope for such thing now.

See 99% of first party Nintendo titles.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yes, PS3 sticks still have input delay. Greenbar online feels like yellowbar elsewhere.

The PS3 driver probably needs to be integrated differently.

Sound mix is still all sorts of jacked too.

Really? I havent felt such input lag. Im using a based Qanba Q4

Updated it and first thing I did was create a lobby with only 2 players and 1 private slot. I didn't intend to play, I only wanted to see if the "Ready" button was now in high res, and it was. Definitive version confirmed.

Tripon

It's pretty hilarious that people are trying to argue that it is okay for the PS4 port to be so buggy at release. The fact is that the PS4 port came a year later than the other versions and Ultra is an expansion on a 8 year old game.

This shit anit hard. Or at least shouldnt be.

ZeroX03

Banned
Took some comparison images, big changes. EVERYONE BUY THIS GAME!

kzH6Bya.png

V6U0cvG.png

hawk2025

It's pretty hilarious that people are trying to argue that it is okay for the PS4 port to be so buggy at release. The fact is that the PS4 port came a year later than the other versions and Ultra is an expansion on a 8 year old game.

This shit anit hard. Or at least shouldnt be.

Who said that?

Robot Pants

I'd love to rebuy this so I don't have to pay for Xbox live anymore but my ps4 is in my
Big tv and the input lag dear lord.
I'd just end up breaking things

Dr. Kaos

Banned
I'd like them to fix the broken network issue when coming back from hibernation (I need to close the game and re-open it before I can play online again). And I'm using a static IP and DMZ on my router to completely rule out anything but the PS4.

I'd also like them to get the connection bars working properly in the matchmaking interface. Once you successfully get into a room, then they work fine, but before that, 90% of them are either bkinking green or at 0 bars erroneously...

Input lag can and should be reduced by a frame or two.

The graphics look fine to me. Street Fighter V is where I'm getting my graphics kick anyways :)

vg260

Just for the heck of it, some comparisons to the previous shots (images scaled down a bit):
PC:
PC_1.png

PS4 (1.04):
PS4_104_1.jpg

PS4 (1.03):
PS4_1.jpg

PC:
PC_2.jpg

PS4 (1.04):
PS4_104_2.jpg

PS4 (1.03):
PS4_2.jpg

PS4 (1.04)
PS4_104_3.jpg

PS4 (1.03):
PS_3.jpg

I'd like them to fix the broken network issue when coming back from hibernation (I need to close the game and re-open it before I can play online again). And I'm using a static IP and DMZ on my router to completely rule out anything but the PS4.

I'd also like them to get the connection bars working properly in the matchmaking interface. Once you successfully get into a room, then they work fine, but before that, 90% of them are either bkinking green or at 0 bars erroneously...

Input lag can and should be reduced by a frame or two.

The graphics look fine to me. Street Fighter V is where I'm getting my graphics kick anyways :)

The graphics are finally fine now, close enough or same as PC. Obviously dated, but at least this is where they should have been.

Seems like this was mostly a graphical issue pass. Hopefully there's one more being worked on to fix the network quirks. I played a bunch recently and got sporadic crashes after matches online. I submitted the error reports, so hopefully they see those.

It's been argued here that they shouldn't try to reduce the lag further, but I don't necessarily agree. Seems like it's pretty much the same as every other fighter on PS4, so it's probably fine.

It could be my imagination, but I feel like some inputs may have been dropped on occasion online. I'm not one to blame execution sloppiness on that, but I swear I didn't get some focus attacks on occasion.

A touchpad workaround would be nice too. It's weird the USFIV branded controller can't use some functions.

Finally I can be outraged quieter. Wouldn't be surprised to see some new costume DLC this month too, which is probably another reason they tried to fix this quick.

From the patch notes on the PlayStation blog:

* Note that “Press Start” isn’t a bug — it was originally left in intentionally as a tribute to Street Fighter IV’s arcade roots, but due to players’ requests, we have changed it to “Press Options.”

I don't know, for something like that, that comment makes more sense than them just being lazy about it. I appreciate why they did what they initially did in that regard, but too many people (me included, to be fair) indeed thought it was a huge oversight.

I was saying from the start that this wasn't a bug.

Quite frankly "Press Options" looks and sounds kinda stupid.

Shin-Ra

A very nice quality of AA now and AF's greatly improved.

Took some comparison images, big changes. EVERYONE BUY THIS GAME!

kzH6Bya.png
V6U0cvG.png

The way background transparencies are handled looks different here. Plants look too transparent on PS4 and treetops too transparent on PC.

I prefer the still well softened but more defined character-ground shadows on PS4.

Just for the heck of it, some comparisons to the previous shots (images scaled down a bit):
PC:
PC_1.png

PS4 (1.04):
PS4_104_1.jpg

PS4 (1.03):
PS4_1.jpg

thelastword

Banned
It was impossible to fix quickly, remember? Lol.
Yeah, some people were clearly going too far there, such hyperbole, some even said it would never be fixed......;)

Sounds like released a month too early, but glad it's fixed.

So does this have all the latest costume packs?

I already have the game on PC but would like to also play it on my PS4 and if it has the costumes packs, I'll just get it.
Well, we don't know for sure. There's no saying that if the game released now that all the improvements it has now would make it in. The backlash was pretty big and everybody and his grandmother were screenshotting and making videos of the issues with the port, so they got to know all the issues in a hurry and have delivered fixes in 3 patches so far.

I'm sure the devs were keeping a keen eye on the threads here, at shoryuken and elsewhere and took note of everything detailed, Sony must have lit a fire under some arses too, because the game is very important to them relative to current gen console exclusivity and the money and marketing they have invested in the pro tour.

Now that the biggest issues are sorted out, it's time to patch the little niggling issues, I just got a freeze after a game online as the game defaulted back to arcade mode, had to quit the game and restart, it wasn't a hard lock though, but I sent the report in. Also, I still can't see the quality of the majority of connections searching for ranked games manually, when I search, I mostly see all grey bars. There are little things they can polish, perhaps they can get input lag to 5.0 flat, not a big difference from 360, but just make it definitive in every single way.

Even after this patch, I think people should still be honest and share little issues they might have encountered, this game at least deserves one more patch for that final polish.

Seriously. Threads like these make it pretty clear how companies can so easily get away with this kind of stuff. People just have no standards anymore.
There's no one against sloppy code more than me, but lets be fair here, these guys have brought it back in quick time. Their reputation prior to this port is not that great anyway, so it's refreshing to see such a quick turn around where they have addressed every issue that persons were screaming about.

When we look at how quickly they have done this, having a bad reputation, and compare them to more reputable and loved companies like CD Project Red, who are still unable to fix the PS4 version of Witcher 3, about 2 months out, you begin to get some perspective. There are other projects that are still not properly fixed, like RE-R2 on the PS4, in reference to that, at least this game was always 60fps even on release.

Velikost

Yes, PS3 sticks still have input delay. Greenbar online feels like yellowbar elsewhere.

The PS3 driver probably needs to be integrated differently.

Sound mix is still all sorts of jacked too.

Hope they fix this; might never pick it up if they don't

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Snagged it after the positive patch impressions. Haven't played heavily since SSFIV first launched and immediately was reminded not just how much fun this game can be, but also how stunning it looks despite its age.

So many enhancements and additions that came with SSF4 AE and Ultra that are new to see as well. All the crazy costumes as well and especially the remixed Rival music.

Netcode has been superb for the 15 or so matches I have tried so far. Only a couple matches had any real lag or hitching. Matchmaking has been phenomenal as well when using the "same skill" setting as I really do feel each encounter has been against low-rung players like myself. Some epic duels that probably would come across as garbage to hardcore players, but leave me feeling such a rush as they come down to the wire with our whiffed supers and cheap chip-outs.

AEREC

Having a hard time doing the red focus on the DS4...pressing all buttons (mapped to both triggers) results in a taunt 9 out of 10 times.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Having a hard time doing the red focus on the DS4...pressing all buttons (mapped to both triggers) results in a taunt 9 out of 10 times.

Isn't red focus just MP+MK+LP? Taunt is HP+HK. If you're hitting every button, then you're not going to get the results you want.

Crisium

Really, is the input lag the exact same or better than on 360? If it's just 1 frame worse than Capcom is once again telling lies for the sake of Sony money. If it is just 1 frame worse it is not the definitive version despite Sony throwing money at it. "On par with" is too vague.

Tripon

Really, is the input lag the exact same or better than on 360? If it's just 1 frame worse than Capcom is once again telling lies for the sake of Sony money. If it is just 1 frame worse it is not the definitive version despite Sony throwing money at it. "On par with" is too vague.
Input lag tests have it .2 behind xbox 360 right now. More testing have to be done.

Swarna

It's only 4ms (or 0.2 frames) slower than the 360 version according to DisplayLag.

Biggest game changer will be the more consistent frame rate in some of the more taxing stages.

It is the same.

thelastword

Banned
All post-EVO Capcom Pro Tour USF4 Tournaments will be played on the PS4.
Oh boy.......cool...wonder if they have one more patch coming through.....

Input lag is the same basically. 5.1 vs 5.3. it's 60fps locked on all stages however.

I assume Square is LP, Triangle MP?

Try pressing the KKK button and Square/Triangle (should be doable hitting both with thumb).

This is a guess, I play stick.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

What's this about?

And yes, the framelag is well within the margin of error, the game is fixed for all intents and purposes.

Although i don't see why it was launched like that, instead of just delaying, since it didn't seem to take that much time at all to fix.

Top Bottom