• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Rising 2, calling it now.

Shauni

if only we were this fortunate...

Nintendo is gonna have the monopoly on PG goodness

Their game before Bayonetta 2 was funded by Activision and released on everything besides the Wii U. Scalebound is a MS exclusive. Nintendo doesn't have anything close to a monopoly on Platinum.

Shauni

It was revealed on IGN immediately after the Presentation. Treehouse showed it off on the last day of the stream.

Well, I'm surprised. I really didn't think Nintendo has any other gaming media have any first looks/demos/reveal at their material anymore

Wait, if Konami's getting out of the gaming stuff, then what do we make of Rising 2?

...Maybe they just pawned it off to Sony and washed their hands of it?

1. MGSR 2: Already been teased and denied by Plat (they dined they worked on the first one till the re-reveal)

2. Star Fox: Nintendo was looking for a developer

1. Yeah, when the MGR2 logo showed up in a PS4 reel, they denied working on it. Later they all of a sudden came out with an altered logo and artwork stating that this was for the second anniversary for the first game. Which doesn't make much sense really, but actually confirmed that the logo really was from them after all. Probably was gonna be some Kojima troll, it really depends on Konami whether or not the game still becomes a thing.

2. This wide spread guess is based on nothing but WiiU fanfiction, which doesn't even make too much sense, considering that it specifically comes from tweets from Kamiya liking Starfox and having ,,dreamt'' about directing it, yet he is already making Scalebound right now.

Malus

So would this be done by the Madworld team ya think? With Kamiya doing Scalebound and another team recently coming off Bayonnetta 2.

JPKellams

Hashimoto also retweets Suicide Squad, Assassin's Creed, Star Wars, and a heap of other stuff.

You guys gotta remember these are real people, not amalgamations of all things hype existing for one purpose. If you follow their twitters you'll find they have a tendency to tweet all kinds of shit based on their personal interests. Hashimoto clearly likes Nintendo stuff (he has several Splatoon retweets). He also likes DC related stuff. And Star Wars. And video games.

Don't read into it.

Shhh... I'm not a real person. I'm actually a robot.

Neoxon

So this Platinum game is likely a Wii U exclusive that'll make us "see red"? The Wonderful 102?

Regardless, I'm glad Nintendo is maintaining a good relationship with Platinum Games.

AdanVC

Might add this tweet to increase the hype. Brian Altano from IGN tweeted this a few days ago:

ge3r6j.jpg

Sephzilla

My guesses for that it is

1) Metal Gear Rising 2 on account of it already being teased/denied once. (Nobody teases a 2 year anniversary like that)

2) Metroid revival - Samus wears red, would make fanboys cry

3) Miyamoto handing development of Star Fox over to Platinum

I think it's too early to see Bayonetta 3. I highly doubt a Wonderful 101 sequel is happening since that game sold badly and Nintendo barely marketed the thing at all. I don't think Platinum is making Devil May Cry 5.

biteren

?

It's like you didn't even read my post at all. Korra was crossgen, so it was on PS4 and Xbox One.

alright i was too literal, maybe its too early to say, i just feel theres gonna be a few more exclusives coming to Nintendo making it seem like to me, is where some of the best are going to go.

i should stop talking if people are gonna jump on me like this

RK128

So is this Rising 2? Because with the PS4 and X1 hardware and a full development cycle.....Rising 2 could be one of this new generations best action games next to Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and DMC5 (if that gets announced this E3...which I hope happens :)).

This is great news, as now we can let the RULES OF NATURE rise man XD!

Sorry, but this is awesome news, so I really hope Rising 2 happens :). Love playing through Rising early this year and it would be a great reason to pick up a PS4 sometime next year :D.

Vena

My guesses for that it is

1) Metal Gear Rising 2 on account of it already being teased/denied once. (Nobody teases a 2 year anniversary like that)

2) Metroid revival - Samus wears red, would make fanboys cry

3) Miyamoto handing development of Star Fox over to Platinum

I think it's too early to see Bayonetta 3. I highly doubt a Wonderful 101 sequel is happening since that game sold badly and Nintendo barely marketed the thing at all. I don't think Platinum is making Devil May Cry 5.

Samus wears anything from Orange to Purple to Blue, but I don't think "red" has ever been her color.

Yka

IGN is going to be premiering the gameplay reveal of an unannounced Platinum game during our E3 2015 live show.

Tune into IGN at 3pm PT (6pm EST/10pm GMT) on Tuesday, June 16 for an extended look at gameplay from a new game from the Japanese studio that brought us Viewtiful Joe and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

What could it be?

My guess is Star Fox. Nintendo has announced the game but we don't know who the co-developer is.

If the co-developer is Platinum, you could say that Star Fox is an unannounced Platinum game.

Nintendo Digital Event will be streamed on June 16 at 9am PT. Nintendo will show a Star Fox gameplay trailer and reveal the co-developer in the Digital Event but the first live gameplay will be shown six hours later on IGN's E3 2015 live show.

bayonetta_2_arwing_zpsdcuqfpm3.gif

Top Bottom