• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

Hiltz

It sounds like it this new game is coming from Yusuke Hashimoto, Bayonetta 2's Platinum Games director. He mentioned it back in December 2014 and said it was in early development. Then in early January, he mentioned PS4.

Hashimoto has even more retweets related to Suicide Squad and Assassin's Creed so this clearly means he is directing a Suicide Squad game based on the Assassin's Creed design template EXCLUSIVE to the NINTENDO NX GAME CONSOLE (x40 times the power of PS4 and only hardcore games for hardcore gamers).

He also likes Splatoon so factor that in somewhere.

So he is a Nintendo Fan this does not really prove that the tweets are not related

he should also tweet some Xbox and Sony E3 stuff if he want a good balance, like you said these are humans not robots they should know what conclusions fans will jump to if you tweet just that.

Splatoon is Hawt Hawt Hawt! who would not retweet that?

Dez_

Yes! More Platinum please! I'm interested in whatever they have, but I'd love to see Rising 2 or Vanquish 2.

Nintendo was ostensibly looking for the type of 'partner' on Star Fox that Platinum outsources to for help with their games (Hexadrive, etc). There'd be no sense in partnering with PG for this Star Fox game because, as Miyamoto said, prototyping the gameplay was already completed on the game, leaving relatively little for Platinum to bring to the table, especially given the ~18 month dev cycle from last E3 to this year's probable Fall release date.

It's not going to be Star Fox.

Wonderful 102

Obligatory

tumblr_mt4rpgjKNb1qzp9weo1_500.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So he is a Nintendo Fan this does not really prove that the tweets are not related

he should also tweet some Xbox and Sony E3 stuff if he want a good balance, like you said these are humans not robots they should know what conclusions fans will jump to if you tweet just that.

Splatoon is Hawt Hawt Hawt! who would not retweet that?

Him retweeting the conference might be related, absolutely. But to assume as such or take the tweet as evidence they are related is a confirmation bias; the assumption that Platinum might be working with Nintendo, this game is a Nintendo published game, and picking and choosing "evidence" to support that theory.

The point is he's just a dude who likes things who is tweeting things and obviously likes and works with Nintendo ergo has retweeted the direct announcement just like he retweeted a heap of cool set pictures from Suicide Squad and the announcement of Disney Star Wars Infinity. The onus shouldn't be on him to reign in his personal interests on his personal twitter because Nintendo fans can't decipher between hobbies and the hype machine.

Maybe IGN's game is a Platinum developed Nintendo exclusive that'll set the internet on fire. Or maybe Hashimoto is just a kid now, a squid now, a kid now, a squid now.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Did IGN confirm that it's not scalebound? Until they do, I'm going assume they stretching the meaning of "unannounced". ;P

I'd be more hype for MGR2 than Bayonetta 2. But I do wonder how Bayonetta 2 did sales wise, bu there's always the dream game of Metroid by PG.

Sephzilla

Did IGN confirm that it's not scalebound? Until they do, I'm going assume they stretching the meaning of "unannounced". ;P

You'd have to stretch the meaning of it pretty far in order for unannounced to include something that was announced

Hiltz

But would it be in a playable state?

Most likely no.

If we look at last year's E3, PG director Kamiya eventually moved on to Scalebound for Xbox One after development was completed on The Wonderful 101 around early summer 2013. When Scalebound wa shown at E3 2014, all we got was a CG teaser trailer. When Bayonetta 2 was first announced for Wii U back in September 2012, we didn't see any gameplay footage either. However, the game was in playable form at E3 2013, but it didn't come out until over a year. Of course, the game was already being worked on before it was announced for Wii U as Platinum had been developing the game originally for Xbox 360 and PS3 until Sega stopped its funding and was officially said to be cancelled by May 2012. However, Platinum was apparently still working on its game development a bit while Sega/Platinum were asking other publishers if they wanted to make the game, so Bayonetta 2's development was further alone even though it obviously had to be put on Wii U exclusively after Nintendo picked up the publishing rights for it.

AniHawk

what if they're partnering with uncharted 4 and the gameplay is like the uncharted games for the first mission, but then it turns into vanquish for the rest of the game and everything we've seen up until now was just a clever ruse to keep hype low.

jg4xchamp

Would like the most
-New Ip

Would settle for
-A game built around the revengeance combat engine so this time we can see what Platinum could have done if they had more than a year to make that game.

-Vanquish 2 because Vanquish had so much potential, but I don't think Platinum nailed all of it. Thought it was more of a good game than a great one.

Beyond that always love Platinum Games work sans Madworld, that game stinks. Bayonetta THE GOAT

Ezalc

Beyond that always love Platinum Games work sans Madworld, that game stinks. Bayonetta THE GOAT

I don't get the hate for Madworld. It's not the best but it's a fun game, I thought the aesthetic and the style of it was cool. So were the many ways you could kill your opponents. I'd love to see them return to it and try to build upon it.

list of possibilities:

- original ip for mobiles
- nickelodeon tie in
- bayonetta 2 port to Sony PlayStation 4 (only possible with the POWER of PLAYSTATION (now you're playing with power))
- port of existing ip to mobiles
- microsoft forgot they already announced scalebound
- metroid
- kill la kill

Oh my god!!!! I'm dead.. Thank you sir ahahahaa

Him retweeting the conference might be related, absolutely. But to assume as such or take the tweet as evidence they are related is a confirmation bias; the assumption that Platinum might be working with Nintendo, this game is a Nintendo published game, and picking and choosing "evidence" to support that theory.

The point is he's just a dude who likes things who is tweeting things and obviously likes and works with Nintendo ergo has retweeted the direct announcement just like he retweeted a heap of cool set pictures from Suicide Squad and the announcement of Disney Star Wars Infinity. The onus shouldn't be on him to reign in his personal interests on his personal twitter because Nintendo fans can't decipher between hobbies and the hype machine.

Maybe IGN's game is a Platinum developed Nintendo exclusive that'll set the internet on fire. Or maybe Hashimoto is just a kid now, a squid now, a kid now, a squid now.

I'll concede your point, kid now, squid now

this will be a Suicide Squad IP game, a movie tie in

I don't get the hate for Madworld. It's not the best but it's a fun game, I thought the aesthetic and the style of it was cool. So were the many ways you could kill your opponents. I'd love to see them return to it and try to build upon it.

Everything about it sadly got repetitive. Wouldn't mind a sequel now that it would be on something beyond the Wii.

Capra

Those who have faith in her see red where others only see white.
A Wii U exclusive sure to make PS4/XBONE owners cry.
7rcIBT1.png

BELIEVE

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'll concede your point, kid now, squid now

this will be a Suicide Squad IP game, a movie tie in

end of the day the only thing i want is another franchise exclusive to a platform that upsets people so i can ensure my ongoing lifeforce for another century

Top Bottom