• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

Percy

Banned
If it's being revealed on IGN it can't be anything too major. Legend of Korra 2 or some new, similar licensed title possibly?

Metal Gear Rising 2 has been hinted pretty blatantly before, so it should be getting announced sooner or later but come on... that's not going to happen on IGN.

Ushiwaka

Sorry, Im just thinking it's time Sony get's their Platinum game when Nintendo and MS already have theirs. :p

Don't do this to me man :(

This did happen a while back though...

54G8jEO.jpg

Why do I do this to myself ;___;

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't know if it has already been asked, but...what's IGN E3 schedule? Is it available already?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If it's being revealed on IGN it can't be anything too major. Legend of Korra 2 or some new, similar licensed title possibly?

Metal Gear Rising 2 has been hinted pretty blatantly before, so it should be getting announced sooner or later but come on... that's not going to happen on IGN.

Gameplay reveal. The title can be announced at any of the ms/Sony/Nintendo conferences, they are all before this

Taker666

My initial thought was Wii U ..but Nintendo's late reveals usually happen almost immediately after their event has aired.

This reveal will be smack in the middle of Nintendo's own Treehouse live stuff and it would seem odd to announce a big game elsewhere while Nintendo fans are already engrossed in their Treehouse live coverage.

PS4 or multiformat is my guess.

Taylor Swift action game. Rihanna's the final boss.

Scratch that. Rihanna's a waaaay better protagonist.

Rihanna action game. Final Boss is also Rihanna.

And Taylor will annihilate her with her own final move "SICK BEAT".
10/10, would play again.
Too late. We retconned that shit.
After she annihilates Taylor Swift and Katy Perry her true enemy is revealed. She was the one who started it all. She must face herself.Beyonce.

EDIT: BUT IF BEYONCES THE FINAL BOSS then we gotta downgrade Katy and Taylor to early game bosses and get some real characters.

Kerruche or however the hell you spell her name DLC.

AniHawk

My initial thought was Wii U ..but Nintendo's late reveals usually happen almost immediately after their event has aired.

This reveal will be smack in the middle of Nintendo's own Treehouse live stuff and it would seem odd to announce a big game elsewhere while Nintendo fans are already engrossed in their Treehouse live coverage.

this makes the most sense

new ip makes the most sense. problem with the existing ips is i think someone else already has them. sega has bayonetta and maybe vanquish and nintendo had to fund development on the former. i doubt they do new stuff with jack/madworld. metal gear rising 2 is probably the most likely out of existing ips but still pretty hard to see happen with konami's new direction.

Akiller

It's not Rising 2 imho, i think Geoff locked that announcement and he'll drop that bomb at this year TGA.

Capcpom has to be really stupid to have Itsuno make a remaster and then outsource DMC5 to Platinum.

I fucking love Platinum with all my heart, but they don't need Platinum to make DMC, it's better off in the hands of Itsuno.

Stop underestimating the man, guys. I wouldn't want Kamiya directing DMC5 over Itsuno, let alone whoever they would have doing this now that Kamiya is busy with Scalebound.

This.
c0c118c2d4.jpg

I'd say Devil May Cry 5 although I'm pretty sure Platinum would never work for Capcom.

Maybe Capcom will listen.

Percy

Banned
If Im not mistaken Wonderful 101 was shown first on the IGN E3 stream too

Pretty sure it was first shown at the Wii U announcement conference as 'Project 101' or something like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if it is MGR2... and PS4 exclusive.

I would. Metal Gear hasn't been a PS exclusive franchise for a long time, so unless Sony are paying for MGR2's development (And I can't think why they would tbh), there's no reason to think this is likely.

Devils Third was announced after the Digital Event.

This gameplay is making a debut not the game. It could be at any conference.

Anyone who hasn't played MGR, I was at five below yesterday (cheap store with name brands from $5 or less) had a ton of MGR 360 copies. Not sure if that is true nationwide (NA) or not.

Thread title is a funny spelling for MGR2.

Pretty sure it was first shown at the Wii U announcement conference as 'Project 101' or something like that.

I would. Metal Gear hasn't been a PS exclusive franchise for a long time, so unless Sony are paying for MGR2's development (And I can't think why they would tbh), there's no reason to think this is likely.
No it wasnt it was shown afterwards.. Wii U announcement conference.. talking about E3 2011??

NotLiquid

June 16 sounds pretty specific - isn't it a few hours after Nintendo's presentation? I'd imagine if it was platform specific it'd be after any of the existing respective conferences.

Probably a multi-plat.

Oddish1

It's probably a small multiplat new ip. I doubt Nintendo is funding another Platinum game anytime soon, and we have no reason to think that Metal Gear Rising 2 is still a thing.

I'd say Devil May Cry 5 although I'm pretty sure Platinum would never work for Capcom.

Not sure why people always say this. Kamiya was asked more than once if they would do it, should Capcom ask. And the answer was always "Yes". Now on the other hand Capcom would probably not ask in the first place.

_Clash_

Platinums gameplay reveal:

Rising 2 $3.25
AA midtier title $7.50
Bayonetta 3 $8.00
Star Fox $32.00
PS4 exclusive $101.00
Vanquish 2 $501.00

I reckon

Top Bottom