• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

Philippo

How big Platinum is? They always seems to have lots of projects in their hands.
Iirc they pushed out 2 Bayonettas, MGR, W101, Korra and are working on Scalebound plus this unannounced title in what, little more than 5 years?

HYDE

Banned
images

Just this one image gets me all crazy hyped.

ninjabat

Should be a nintendo game. No way Konami has MGSR2 coming, they are in a terrible state. Also MGS series is way too big to be announced at an ign stream.

Looking at this forum it would seem Platinum is universally loved, but their games barely sell...
Not really half the discussion is about which console its on. Platinum is like that really good sports free agent that if you get him awesome times. If you dont hes overrated or something. Of course this does not affect multiplatform owners.

Tamanator

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Nintendo game. Wasn't Devil's Third announced for Wii U during the IGN stream last year? Similarly Wonderful 101 was announced during a Gamespot steam and not Nintendo's main conference. They seem to have the penchant to sprinkle their announcements throughout the week.

Zalman

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Nintendo game. Wasn't Devil's Third announced for Wii U during the IGN stream last year? Similarly Wonderful 101 was announced during a Gamespot steam and not Nintendo's main conference. They seem to have the penchant to sprinkle their announcements throughout the week.
This is what I thought as well. It's possible, at least.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
One more reason to be excited for E3. The date seems quite the right one for a Nintendo funded game. But I would also take a multiplat, I just hope it's not a Legend of Korra kind of thing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The game may be announced at a conference.

IGN specified they have the gameplay reveal. Nothing else.

Zoggy

rising is great and probably my fav platinum joint, but i've had enough.

another shooter with a twist like vanquish might be cool.

all in all i hope its not a sequel

Lakitu

st5fu
I don't play action games anymore but I'd play the fuck out of a Platinum Games version of DMC 5. This should have been done a long long time ago.

weekev

Banned
Bayo 2 WiiU exclusive, Scalebound XB1 exclusive, MGR2 PS4 Exclusive....or new Kamiya IP? Has anyone asked him on Twitter?

Edit just had a thought what if its an already announced game but Platinums involvement hasnt bn announced yet.....can you say Starfox in collaboration with Platinum?

69wpm

As much as people want the next Bayonetta to be on anything else but a Nintendo console I don't see how that would make sense. Fans won't be able to play Bayonetta 2 on anything else but the Wii U. Why would Microsoft or Sony fund Bayonetta 3 then? Doesn't make much sense to me. A spin-off with Jeanne might be possible though.

LAA

Just thought, didn't kojima meet with PG earlier this year or last year? Hopefully MGR2 (Or a MGR remake which isn't as exciting, but suppose I'll take it if it's a good remake)

Story hasnt been told about that yet at least, (If it wasnt cancelled :( ), so hopefully good news is a'comin.

Top Bottom