• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

What amazes me is that they're able to pay all of those people. Don't all of their games sell... kinda poorly?

Not hating. In fact, I love all of their games.

As long as they keep getting projects to work on, they will be getting paid. They don't wait for the game to ship before receiving a pay check.

Golnei

Maybe it's not a single game, but sequels to all those games!

Project P-100, reborn - Bayonetta and Silvia in W101 was only the beginning. And why stop with just Platinum?

tumblr_no7t08otdr1rg2jo3o1_1280.jpg

Maybe it's not a single game, but sequels to all those games!

I'm calling it right here, right now: Platinum is making their own MvC style crossover fighting game.

If I'm somehow right about this, then I'm also "predicting" Grand Theft Wario by Rockstar and Buck Bumble as the next Smash DLC

I'm calling it right here, right now: Platinum is making their own MvC style crossover fighting game.

If I'm somehow right about this, then I'm also "predicting" Grand Theft Wario by Rockstar and Buck Bumble as the next Smash DLC

I want this only so I can hear a remix of the theme song

dear GOD the N64 had a lot of trash in-between Nintendo and Rare releases

Capra

Platinum vs. Capcom Wii U exclusive confirmed.

Bayonetta vs. Dante.
Wonder Red vs. Viewtiful Joe.
Blade Wolf vs. Amaterasu.

Golnei

Platinum vs. Capcom Wii U exclusive confirmed.

Bayonetta vs. Dante.
Wonder Red vs. Viewtiful Joe.
Blade Wolf vs. Amaterasu.

If it weren't such a licensing nightmare (Nintendo, Konami, Sega, Microsoft, Capcom and possibly Activision would all have to be on board) a crossover of all Platinum/Clover's games in the Anarchy Reigns format would be unimaginably perfect. As it is, we can only cry softly and think of what can never be.

Yeah, PG is just trolling us. It's more of a countdown and not any actual clues.
Maybe to remind us just why we like them so much (reminded me of how great Vanquish is)
I don't think Vanquish or MadWorld are getting sequels. SEGA is likely not interested.
My top guess if MGS Rising 2. Don't think the 2 was a mistake or anything, maybe it got cancelled since then since Konami is being Konami, but I can see Sony swooping it up to get an "MGS" title as an exclusive.
Other than that, something new Nintendo related. There have been things that could be taken as hints, but it could just mean nothing. Either way, we'll find out by Tuesday.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Project P-100, reborn - Bayonetta and Silvia in W101 was only the beginning. And why stop with just Platinum?

tumblr_no7t08otdr1rg2jo3o1_1280.jpg

Wasn't the original P-100 plan to use Nintendo characters a/la Smash Bros?
Oh god, that would have been so great. Maybe that's how they could sell a sequel, put Mario in.

RootCause

I think some people hope it's Wii U exclusive because otherwise it'd come to everything but Wii U and that's all they own lol.
Yeah, I get that feeling at times. Who knows, plat seems to be in good terms with nintendo. Maybe they build the game for the wiiu, and port it to ps4/X1, and pc. Everyone wins. :3

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You got boost power.

Golnei

Oh god, that would have been so great. Maybe that's how they could sell a sequel, put Mario in.

At the very least, a sequel could break new frontiers in amiibo exploitation.

Hiltz

Yeah, here's where they talked about it from Iwata Asks interview:
It started out with an order from Platinum Games president Minami, saying "Think up a plan to bring together world famous characters with Nintendo characters at its center, appearing all in one game."

That was the start of this project. And from there we had a lot of ideas about just what we could do with a lot of characters there at once.

The basics of the project never really changed after that.

Setting the contents of the game aside, I've learned from experience that trying to squeeze in so many characters into one game to the point where they practically change shape, was impossible.

So when the plan was proposed, I said "This is impossible" right on the spot. So the project was shelved for a while.

That's right. Several months later, after many twists and turns, we were contacted with a plan that didn't use characters through our Licensing Department, which serves as the contact for third party companies. I didn't know of it, but (Shinya) Takahashi-san10 called me over and showed me a demo, saying, "Come see this! It's really interesting." I knew the moment I saw it that this was that idea from PlatinumGames.

What happened within PlatinumGames that led to your bringing the project to Nintendo a second time? I'm assuming that it wasn't so easy for you to rewrite the plan.

After reviewing various factors, we left the gameplay we'd originally proposed as-is, and made up a demo on a PC replacing the existing characters with superheroes, and brought it to Nintendo.

When the project first started, the characters were more like Viewtiful Joe, like the dark superheroes in US comic books. I liked that art a lot, and I did think we could go with it.

"The images are too dark. Elementary and middle school kids won't go for this."

I did say that. I was convinced we had to change it. But I couldn't just say "This looks way too much like a dark comic book, so this is no good" to the guy who already made a game in that style, could I!?

But in the end, it was decide that in order to have it reach as many people as possible, you would need to change the visuals.

When I heard that, to be honest, I thought, "I knew this was coming." I even admitted myself that it would be going in to a bit too much of a niche market if we kept it that way. But I couldn't decide just what would make it better. And then Inaba told me about Nintendo's suggestions...

But the visuals that we ended up getting back after putting the ball in their court to change them were a bit different from what we'd been envisioning. It's so like Kamiya-san not to just say "I changed them just how you asked."

The 'realistic figure, realistic toys' concept was born then. The look is both pop and realistic at the same time.

Top Bottom