• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Gameplay | Unseen B-Roll Footage

Hey all,

So here's some extended Uncharted 4 gameplay from some B-Roll segments that someone linked in the other thread. I thought it was thread worthy as it showcases a lot of unseen footage that really does showcase how beautiful the game is (with just the ambient sound), even when running at 60fps
inb4 900p ;)
, and so I don't want it to go missed or lost in the discussions.

Do throw me off a cliff if old and lock if not thread worthy.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoyLGYUGT-M

ALSO DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR THAT NATE 4.0'S THEME TEASE OR WHAT????

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I haven't kept up with the thread. Thanks.
It's pretty cool seeing the environments with just the ambient sounds.
The gun sounds are pretty good. I'll wait to play it to judge the weird powerups or whatever.

QuikNez

Looks pretty good... something about UC's gun play that just doesn't look as appealing as the regular suite COD, Halo, Destiny type shooters though.

Looking forward to it.

zsynqx

Looks pretty good... something about UC's gun play that just doesn't look as appealing as the regular suite COD, Halo, Destiny type shooters though.

Looking forward to it.

That is the area which I felt had the biggest improvement here. Up till now I would have agreed about the gunplay (was the weakest part of the originals), but the sounds/feedback and what appears to be very tight controls on display here put it right up there with those titles. Won't know for sure until I have played myself.

Make sure you watch past 2:58

Why were people complaining that it looks cartoony...this is how UC has always looked.

More excited for the SP but I hope there are some sweet co-op modes.

...something about UC's gun play that just doesn't look as appealing as the regular suite COD, Halo, Destiny type shooters though.

I mean, they're FPS' so there's that, but it's great for players to have a unique shooter in the AAA space. If that uniqueness needs to be taken to the extreme with mystical power-ups and stuff... so be it!

OT: As posted in other thread, lovely showcase of the environment, looks quite nice indeed. Hope that Madagascar (I assume) map feels as balanced as the playable Jungle one atm.

Hey all,

So here's some extended Uncharted 4 gameplay from some B-Roll segments that someone linked in the other thread. I thought it was thread worthy as it showcases a lot of unseen footage that really does showcase how beautiful the game is (with just the ambient sound), even when running at 60fps
inb4 900p ;)
, and so I don't want it to go missed or lost in the discussions.

Do throw me off a cliff if old and lock if not thread worthy.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoyLGYUGT-M

ALSO DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR THAT NATE 4.0'S THEME TEASE OR WHAT????

It's so dynamic.

QuikNez

I mean, they're FPS' so there's that, but it's great for players to have a unique shooter in the AAA space. If that uniqueness needs to be taken to the extreme with mystical power-ups and stuff... so be it!

OT: As posted in other thread, lovely showcase of the environment, looks quite nice indeed. Hope that Madagascar (I assume) map feels as balanced as the playable Jungle one atm.

Environments look great there's no question.

QuikNez

That is the area which I felt had the biggest improvement here. Up till now I would have agreed about the gunplay (was the weakest part of the originals), but the sounds/feedback and what appears to be very tight controls on display here put it right up there with those titles. Won't know for sure until I have played myself.

Make sure you watch past 2:58

I watched the whole things and agree it looks improved and hard to tell overall.

It's so dynamic.

Yup. And the animations look so good. I can't understand how people are saying "downgrade" etc; I mean yeah the resolution is a tad lower, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what DF say about it and how it differs to the SP to achieve that buttery smooth 60fps!

Rated-G

Lazarevic's line "You.... are a DISGRACE!!" Is great, I don't remember that in 2 or 3, but I didn't do much of the co-op with him so it could have been in there. Loving his new duds.

Revven

All the character models look great! Unlike Uncharted 3.

And the map design continues to look good, mmm. Seeing this makes me excited for the beta in December.

By the looks of things we'll still be able to change the color of the heroes/villains outfits as well and judging by how Lazarevic can have a white camo part on his torso I'm going to assume that there will be a wider selection of colors (learning from UC3 with how they limited you for some strange reason until they patched it).

It just looks good, certainly better than UC3 MP around the same time, IMO. Just gotta wonder if health is similar to UC3 release or UC3 beta/UC2 pre-1.05.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
It's so beautiful. (*˘︶˘*)

I love how Lazarevic gives no fucks.

majik13

Looking forward to it.

too me, what has always turned me off, is how slow the bullets are. Never liked UC2 MP because of this. The bullets are noticeable slower and larger. Makes me feel like I am playing paintball, or maybe nerf(not that extreme). Obviously haven't played UC4, but looks generally about the same as previous games in this aspect. Maybe its faster I dunno, haven't played or seen UC2 in awhile. I guess audio too wasnt great then. No umph.

I will try out the beta, but not too excited for it. I have the game pre ordered though.

Damerman

Lazaravic reviving someone: you... are a disgrace!!!

LMAO... I'm maining lazaravic forever. this game looks so good. I missed uncharted multiplayer.

What's this? Are they using aimdot reticules now? I preferred the original open reticule system from before. Great, can't wait to get headshot from 50 miles with a pistol now.

Jobbs

Banned
60 fps. looks fun. I may actually try it. I just hope we can actually choose or customize our own character, though, rather than getting a random one. The random person stuff ruined TLOU mp for me.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
60 fps. looks fun. I may actually try it. I just hope we can actually choose or customize our own character, though, rather than getting a random one. The random person stuff ruined TLOU mp for me.

If it's anything like Uncharted 2 or 3, you can.

stryke

Oh so you can throw the grapple hook. Thank god, in Blim's video he just stood there winding up the rope. Really kills the flow of player movement.

zsynqx

Oh so you can throw the grapple hook. Thank god, in Blim's video he just stood there winding up the rope. Really kills the flow of player movement.

Yer, I kept scratching my head every time he stopped and span the rope 5 times before tossing it

VanWinkle

Nothing about the visuals impress me. Which is surprising to me, since ND has NEVER failed to impress me on their games' visuals (MP components included). You could say, "Well, this is the first one that's 60fps," and that's true, but it's also the first one to be sub-native resolution.

I also am very worried about those powerups; especially that ridiculous tomb. I come out of this feeling a lot less sure overall than I was before.

Top Bottom