• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Gameplay | Unseen B-Roll Footage

Opt1kon_

Looks pretty good... something about UC's gun play that just doesn't look as appealing as the regular suite COD, Halo, Destiny type shooters though.

Looking forward to it.

you just named and compared FPS to a TPS and thank goodness it doesn't look like the regulars that you just named

Javin98

Banned
I was disappointed when the multiplayer was announced to be 900p, but so far footages of it, especially this one, look amazing. The visuals are still not as good as the SP campaign, but the character models look quite close, aside from the hair, which looks significantly simplified. Hopefully, ND can still bump the resolution to 1080p closer to release.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Nothing about the visuals impress me. Which is surprising to me, since ND has NEVER failed to impress me on their games' visuals (MP components included). You could say, "Well, this is the first one that's 60fps," and that's true, but it's also the first one to be sub-native resolution.

I also am very worried about those powerups; especially that ridiculous tomb. I come out of this feeling a lot less sure overall than I was before.
Hey now, Jak and Daxter was field rendered on PS2 and delivered 60fps.

I was disappointed when the multiplayer was announced to be 900p, but so far footages of it, especially this one, look amazing. The visuals are still not as good as the SP campaign, but the character models look quite close, aside from the hair, which looks significantly simplified. Hopefully, ND can still bump the resolution to 1080p closer to release.

I think those complaining about 900p need to actually see the footage because it looks incredible. Add in 60fps for extra smooth gameplay and it's a win.

Also I don't think anyone expected MP to look anywhere near as good as the singleplayer. Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer didn't look as good as the SP so nothing has changed.

Putty

The visual effects looks fan bloody tastic! Looks very nicely detailed and has a number of classic ND traits. Still, i'm single player only and of course can't wait to see what they show in San Fran.

Kaze2212

Never really was into Naughty Dog's multiplayer parts of the game, but his looked fun!

Also just graphically speaking, for 60fps and multiplayer maps those environments looked insane. I can't wait to see how the single player will look on my TV next year!

Business

Coming from TLOU MP it all seems a bit in your face, specially these magic perks. Not too convinced about the AI buddy thing. I like it how they kept the down / revive mechanic.

MavFan619

Banned
Looks pretty good... something about UC's gun play that just doesn't look as appealing as the regular suite COD, Halo, Destiny type shooters though.

Looking forward to it.
For me what makes UC multiplayer fun is you're not just shooting, the traversal aspect, pulling people down from ledges, hip shots and quick Melee, proper grenade use, on top of the usual shooting makes it fun. Can't wait for the beta.

KORNdoggy

Why isn't the cross hair centered?

Isn't Destiny like that?

it's so you see less of the ground (pointless) and more of whats ahead and above you (important in a game where you can climb tall structures)

halo 5 recently changed this from the previous games in the series and people don't seem happy about it. when you have an already narrow FOV on consoles, the last thing you need is to show more floor. lol

JawzPause

I really don't understand why people are disappointed about it being 900p. I really doubt you'll be able to tell the difference, and 60fps is a worthwhile compromise.
Also, i can tell you now they will not increase the resolution to 1080p, as 1080/60fps will not happen on a game with these visuals on ps4

Love the map design, with all the sliding, climbing and rope swinging around, it seems parts of the map are destructible too and I like the supernatural power ups, it's all looking very cool.

I'm surprised they didn't do something with the supernatural stuff in previous games to be honest, with it being a part of all the Uncharted's single player games but glad they are evolving it now and not just doing the same thing again. It looks pretty fast paced too, so should be good fun.

foxbeldin

This would need a SDK update miracle.

Gurish

I honestly can't believe people were complaining about the graphics.
Seriously it looks amazing, people are so hysterical, someone tells them the res is lower than usual, suddenly it looks like shit or something.

This and Battlefront looks amazing and are well worth the res drop for 60 fps in online shooter, even without full HD they look better than almost any game on consoles, certainly other online mode games.

Mabufu

Banned
It looks OK. 60 fps comes from obvious cuts.

There are 0 illumination effects. Nothing in the game projects any kind of light and the enviroments look bland as hell.

Thank god we have shadows at least. People saying that this looks amazing are lying themselves.

zsynqx

There are 0 illumination effects. Nothing in the game projects any kind of light and the enviroments look bland as hell.

Thank god we have shadows at least. People saying that this looks amazing are lying themselves.

Got it! :) I think it looks amazing btw

ew 900p, i cant see anything but a bunch of boxes changing color

Got it! :) I think it looks amazing btw

anigif_enhanced-32663-1442302049-2.gif

LUXURY

Looking forward to it.

Well for one they're not even the same type of game, and I'm grateful for it.

I'm also tired of these resolution complaints. You folks really know how to ruin a thread with it. You know what to expect with a console title. If you don't like it, go play something comparable from a Steam sale or something.

Gbraga

Looks incredible! Damnnn, I need to find a way to buy this on launch to enjoy the big early community. It's gonna be a blast. The Last of Us multiplayer was stellar, didn't enjoy Uncharted 3 as much (didn't play 2 at all), but it was still quite fun, and this one is giving me "The Last of Us on crack" vibes.

NBtoaster

Not sure I like that downed state. Seems like it would over promote using explosives.

And that spooky mountain in the background is a little cheesy
Ii4XpEU.jpg

It looks pretty fast, the enemies don't require a lot of bullets to die and then there are those superpowers...

ND why don't you learn when it comes to MP ?

zsynqx

I guess we just have different quality grades.

It is actually quite hard to impress me. Everything in the videos has this consistent look with the animation and vfx looking amazing. What doesn't impress me are games with stand out visual features but the overall image lacking balance. So while the MP may not have the best this or that in rendering, it all comes together really nicely. Also love the stylised art style :L

Javin98

Banned
I really don't understand why people are disappointed about it being 900p. I really doubt you'll be able to tell the difference, and 60fps is a worthwhile compromise.
Also, i can tell you now they will not increase the resolution to 1080p, as 1080/60fps will not happen on a game with these visuals on ps4
Well, I actually said that I think dropping the resolution to 900p for 60FPS is a good trade-off, but given ND's technical pedigree, I didn't expect them to do it, hence my disappointment. However, after watching more footage of the multiplayer, I can understand why they went with 900p. The visuals aren't too far from the SP campaign's.

This would need a SDK update miracle.
Maybe, but don't forget that the PS4 version of Battlefront, for instance, got significant performance boosts from 35-50FPS to mostly 60FPS with rare dips from E3 to the beta. That's a span of less than 4 months. 4 months from now, Uncharted 4 will be going gold. I'm not saying it's a must, but it would be nice if they could bump the resolution to 1080p on multiplayer. But this really depends on the state of the multiplayer now. If it's a solid 60FPS already, there is still a good chance, but if it is still hovering at 50-60FPS, I wouldn't expect much visual improvements.

Gurish

It is actually quite hard to impress me. Everything in the videos has this consistent look with the animation and vfx looking amazing. What doesn't impress me are games with stand out visual features but the overall image lacking balance. So while the MP may not have the best this or that in rendering, it all comes together really nicely. Also love the stylised art style :L

Yea I agree completely, maybe there aren't some fancy effects or the highest quality shadows or whatever but the overall package looks awesome, obviously the campaign is more impressive but for a 60 fps multi it looks amazing, yes.

Theecliff

Banned

really? some of the b roll looked beautiful, the jungle maps (0:52 to 1:13 in the video especially, wow) and alpha effects in particular. the more urban maps look a little blander sure, but it's still very nice looking.

I guess we just have different quality grades.

It looks as good as most other multiplayer games. Kind of reminds me of that Fable game visually to be honest. Battlefront 3 is about the only thing I think looks overtly more impressive. Otherwise, this looks like a pretty similar ratio that previous Uncharted games have achieved...

Javin98

Banned
I like how discussions in this thread are much more rational overall than in the other thread about the resolution. One guy was even comparing the visuals of the E3 2014 teaser to the multiplayer footage.

nib95

Banned
Saw this yesterday. Looks and sounds great. Frenetic, fun, lots of mobility and a lot of punch to the weapons. Even on my laptop speakers the weapons sound great, so I can imagine they'll sound amazing on my headphones.

zsynqx

I like how discussions in this thread are much more rational overall than in the other thread about the resolution. One guy was even comparing the visuals of the E3 2014 teaser to the multiplayer footage.

Because this thread has people who are actually interested in the game.

Javin98

Banned
Well...That all of a sudden looks amazing. Those smoke effects and the lighting are insane.
According to Mafubu and many other posters in the other thread, you're lying to yourself. :p No way in Hell would a game running at 900p look good since it is a blurry, pixelated mess. /s

My thoughts exactly. High five, bruh. I bet most people in the other thread never even watched the b-roll and Gamersyde footages, so they can focus on the negativity.

btkadams

Nothing about the visuals impress me. Which is surprising to me, since ND has NEVER failed to impress me on their games' visuals (MP components included). You could say, "Well, this is the first one that's 60fps," and that's true, but it's also the first one to be sub-native resolution.

I also am very worried about those powerups; especially that ridiculous tomb. I come out of this feeling a lot less sure overall than I was before.
Wasn't every uncharted game 720p?

LUXURY

Give it time. More will flood in sadly.

This is going to be the first multiplayer game I really try to get into on a PlayStation console. It looks really fun. I hope we have the options to change at least clothing colors to kind of stand out.

Top Bottom