• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 preview thread. New footage/info

idonteven

fuck..time to avoid twitter and twitch for sure and all uncharted stuff on here

bye :(

4nvICeP.gif

Bahlor

It's likely a computer error. My order says the same thing - April 26 Delivery before 8pm, but it hasn't shipped yet. No way it ships and arrives within the next 19hrs. It lists May 10 as the release date.

Mine says also it will arrive tomorrow. Normally my order get dispatched at late evening and arrive on the next day, or at least I always receive the dispatch notification around 20 / 21 o'clock normally. (amazon prime) But as this date has never really changed, I actually assume that amazon germany somehow missed the last delay^^ but I wouldn't mind to have copy early haha

EDIT: But the weird thing is... the order itself says it will arrive tomorrow, but release date is set to 10th may. So ya... most likely the delivery dates didn't get updated when the release date changed.

m4st4

I pre-ordered collector's edition on amazon.uk but the date is normal, says May 11-14 date of arrival with expedited delivery.

Of course since I cannot wait for any of those I also pre-ordered on PSN so I can preload and play it asap.

zsynqx

I pre-ordered collector's edition on amazon.uk but the date is normal, says May 11-14 date of arrival with expedited delivery.

Of course since I cannot wait for any of those I also pre-ordered on PSN so I can preload and play it asap.

haha exactly what I'm doing. First time I've ever bought the same game twice (at the same time)

Will be nice to have a digital and physical copy I suppose.

Ordered mine through Smyths here in the UK, was a lot cheaper than Amazon. But if I don't have it on the 10th I will be purchasing digitally. No way I'm waiting longer than needed for this game.

m4st4

haha exactly what I'm doing. First time I've ever bought the same game twice (at the same time)

Will be nice to have a digital and physical copy I suppose.

First time for me as well! Won't even touch the physical copy... I'll unpack it, check out the goodies but disc will remain in place and I'll buy that art book anyway.

I'm not excited for this game at all. :p

UncleMeat

Wow, you guys talking about the Amazon April 26 ship date couldn't keep it shut for one more day?! This is the equivalent of talking to a pitcher about his no hitter before the 9th inning. No way we're getting our copies tomorrow now!

s/ They were never going to ship early.

All this talk about various early shipping's and the like is getting me both excited and worried. Retailers plating it hard and fast with that release date lmao, that's what happen wjta the game has been completed for such a long time before release I guess.

Salarians

Wow, you guys talking about the Amazon April 26 ship date couldn't keep it shut for one more day?! This is the equivalent of talking to a pitcher about his no hitter before the 9th inning. No way we're getting our copies tomorrow now!

s/ They were never coming tomorrow.
Druckmann's personally placing spike strips outside of Amazon distribution centers to keep them from getting it out early.

m4st4

If amazon.us truly ships some of those ('oops'): you lucky bastards. If not, well I'm sure most of us will get it (at least) one day earlier.

foxbeldin

s/ They were never going to ship early.

Brb, going to tweet Druckmann about it. ;)

Gurish

Well, shit, see you in two weeks, GAF. I'm going to destroy my modem, smash my phone and incinerate the remains. I will smash my PC as well just in case. Next, I'll survive on fruits and meat in the jungle for two weeks.

Tried that with TLOU back than, some local tribe member that was responsible with supplying me with food came to me one day and asked me if I saw the Giraffe footage, the dude walked around naked, you'd expect he wouldn't care about it :(

m4st4

Man, seeing all these Uncharted 4 retail copies makes me depressed that I won't be able to play the game for another few months due to exams. Anyone else share this plight? I made a thread about it so that we can all suffer together lol...

Yeah I've heard couple of complaints like that but, honestly, never understood them. Are you in high school or college? No exam could remove me from reading Deathly Hallows Day 1, or playing TLOU Day 1, watching The Dark Knight Day 1 etc. Of course there were tougher days but surely you'll have some personal space in that long period of time? Just curious man.

Gonna check with the Mom and Pop shop in my area this week and see if they get anything in. If Amazon truly does ship them to people and they arrive tomorrow, that's a pretty big mess up, but I don't think they will.

Man, seeing all these Uncharted 4 retail copies makes me depressed that I won't be able to play the game for another few months due to exams. Anyone else share this plight? I made a thread about it so that we can all suffer together lol...

Dude, you need downtime to relax during study a bit. It's unhealthy if all your energy is focused on exams and study. When I was at university I spent several sessions doing 14 hour shifts on my coursework. But I took breaks to watch some dvds or just chillout a day or two just so mentally I felt refreshed and focused.

m4st4

Dude, you need downtime to relax during study a bit. It's unhealthy if all your energy is focused on exams and study. When I was at university I spent several sessions doing 14 hour shifts on my coursework. But I took breaks to watch some dvds or just chillout a day or two just so mentally I felt refreshed and focused.

This, listen to this guy.

Javin98

Banned
Tried that with TLOU back than, some local tribe member that was responsible with supplying me with food came to me one day and asked me if I saw the Giraffe footage, the dude walked around naked, you'd expect he wouldn't care about it :(
Well, shit, then I'll burn down the jungle, and live in the mountains. Try and get me now, spoilers!

Slightly OT question (all for UC really):

I'll be leaving for Pakistan a few days before UC4s release date and plan on taking my PS4. To the best of my knowledge, the PS4 is dual voltage 100-240v. What's a decent brand (or even specific recommendation) for a power converter/adapter that I can get that will do the job?

I believe Pakistan is 230v/50hz and use type C and D plugs.

Yeah I've heard couple of complaints like that but, honestly, never understood them. Are you in high school or college? No exam could remove me from reading Deathly Hallows Day 1, or playing TLOU Day 1, watching The Dark Knight Day 1 etc. Of course there were tougher days but surely you'll have some personal space in that long period of time? Just curious man.

You see, the problem is, all my exams are within a span of one another -- and they're pretty much my final ones of high school (not sure if you guys live in the UK or not, but if not, then here in the UK, you have A Levels which are the final two years before you go to University (which IIRC is the equivalent of College in the US), and I pretty much have to get really high grades to guarantee that place into medical school which I've worked really hard to get in the first place (had a meaty application process of extra entry exams, interviews, relevant work experience etc).

I obviously won't be revising 24/7, and I don't plan to, but my free time will probably be already taken by general procrastination lol whether it be browsing the net or going out with mates/meals etc, so that will already occupy my time -- adding that extra layer of playing my most anticipated game won't help lol. And to be honest, I'm just not feeling it with games at the moment with all the pressure of exams as it is -- so I'm hoping in leaving it until after exams, I'll come back reinvigorated and fresh. Hope that gives you some perspective!

I'll be happy to answer any more queries! :D

You see, the problem is, all my exams are within a span of one another -- and they're pretty much my final ones of high school (not sure if you guys live in the UK or not, but if not, then here in the UK, you have A Levels which are the final two years before you go to University (which IIRC is the equivalent of College in the US), and I pretty much have to get really high grades to guarantee that place into medical school which I've worked really hard to get in the first place (had a meaty application process of extra entry exams, interviews, relevant work experience etc).

I obviously won't be revising 24/7, and I don't plan to, but my free time will probably be already taken by general procrastination lol whether it be browsing the net or going out with mates/meals etc, so that will already occupy my time -- adding that extra layer of playing my most anticipated game won't help lol. And to be honest, I'm just not feeling it with games at the moment with all the pressure of exams as it is -- so I'm hoping in leaving it until after exams, I'll come back reinvigorated and fresh. Hope that gives you some perspective!

I'll be happy to answer any more queries! :D
Nah that's cool, but you do need breaks, regardless of the exam process, but it seems you're doing that anyway spending time with friends, which is good. I used to break up time going out once a week for a drink, sometimes clubbing. But also watch DVDs during the week after long haules on University coursework.

Also I'm pretty well versed in educational course requirements, procedures and processes. I used to work in a Secondary School as a Performing Arts Technician helping GCSE to AS and A-Level students fulfil their study requirements.

Nah that's cool, but you do need breaks, regardless of the exam process, but it seems you're doing that anyway spending time with friends, which is good. I used to break up time going out once a week for a drink, sometimes clubbing. But also watch DVDs during the week after long haules on University coursework.

Also I'm pretty well versed in educational course requirements, procedures and processes. I used to work in a Secondary School as a Performing Arts Technician helping GCSE to AS and A-Level students fulfil their study requirements.

Ah niiice, so you're a fellow British Gaffer, that's great to hear :)

But yeah, no doubt, you need to time to de-stress and come back to revision with a fresh mind which breaks definitely do. Thanks for the advise in general though -- it's something I hope to take to Uni too!

Ah niiice, so you're a fellow British Gaffer, that's great to hear :)

But yeah, no doubt, you need to time to de-stress and come back to revision with a fresh mind which breaks definitely do. Thanks for the advise in general though -- it's something I hope to take to Uni too!

NP, you're going the right way about it and I'm sure you'll do well. If you do go to University some friendly advice. If you choose to get a student loan for University (I didn't) you'll find you start out with £1000, then it goes up £1000 each year for 3 years. At the end you'll find yourself with an additional £3k of debt on top of the maintenance loan and student course fees to pay back. If you do want the student loan don't piss it up against the wall like a lot of students tend to do with drinking/clubbing nights out... a lot, no matter how tempting it can be.

You'll find work a lot less stressful getting work completed earlier and make use of time to relax (free time is something you generally have a lot more of at University over sixth-form/college) for yourself later before deadlines. University life is quite different to school and is often about self learning and exploration on your chosen subject, not to be baby sat throughout the course. Many who go to University don't realise this. A student loan makes a good safety net, especially food which can get tight, or useful for course stuff where the student grant might not cover it.

Top Bottom